Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 08:54 AM   #1
DrTacoElf
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
Carrier: Tmobile
Default Very Confused about Blackberry TMO service plans --HELP

Please Login to Remove!

Ok here is my story. I originally had the get more 1000 minutes plan for $39.99 and BWC for 19.99. All was well until I learned that AOL IM and Text Messages were not included with this plan (I think i read something about transmitting over GPRS only and how this avoids fees?). So, I call up tmobile and request to be changed to the plan seen here

http://www.t-mobile.com/plans/BlackB...sp?PlanID=4802

All goes well until this morning when i check my online account and see I have this plan for $20 more

http://www.t-mobile.com/plans/BlackB...sp?PlanID=4822

SO i call tmobile and they say that i cannot be changed to the $59.99 plan b/c its for new activated account only. Yet they had no trouble bumping me up to the $79.99 plan which is also supposed to be for newly activated account also, against my will. Now I dug deeper into the info on their website and I came across a page that said for BWC plans unlimited text messaging is for INCOMING only!!!! Anyone have info on this.

Also i was able to change my plan from 79.99 to 59.99 online but it won't take effect until my billing period ends and i'm worried that it might be denied.

It says

You requested a change to your T-Mobile service. Your New Plan and Services order will become active on Wednesday, October 27, 2004, the first day of your next billing cycle.

Anyone have info about this stuff? Also i noticed the BWC is 29.99 on tmobile :( and not 19.99 as i had before :(. So i woudn't be able to default back to get more 1000 and BWC for 19.99 which I started off with. Also unlimited text messages for 9.99 are no longer an option :mad:
Old 10-20-2004, 10:26 AM   #2
koolio
Thumbs Must Hurt

I think you might be getting some plans mixed up/confused. Here are the prices I see on their website:

- BlackBerry Unlimited Add-on (BWC): $19.99
- BlackBerry Unliminted Add-on (BES): $29.98

I have the BlackBerry Minutes & More plan (BWC) for $59.99; which includes:

- 1000 Anytime minutes
- Unlimited text messaging/sms
- Unlimited data for email and web browser

In addition, I've been a Tmo customer for 2 years and they allowed me to switch to the $59.99 BlackBerry plan. I specifically double-checked with the CSR to ensure unlimited data and unlimited text messaging/SMS truly meant "unlimited" and she confirmed. She didn't say anything about only incoming SMS/text messages were free/unlimited.

However, given what you've stated, I'll be watching the first month's bill VERY closely!
Old 10-20-2004, 10:29 AM   #3
DrTacoElf

Thanks for your reply i argued with the CSR about the 59.99 plan for like 5 minutes. First it was "I don't have that plan" Then i directed him to the website and he was like oh I see -- hold on while i confirm this. Ok my boss says its only with new activation -- I can not give you this plan . So i was like ok keep me with 79.99 and i will change to 59.99 on the web. Hopefully it will all go through ok but who knows.

P.S. Good idea about watching closely for the SMS charges!

ALSO DO YOU HAVE A LINK TO THAT 19.99 BWC EMAIL/DATA PLAN -- FOR THE LIFE OF ME I CANNOT FIND IT.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:51 AM   #4
koolio
Thumbs Must Hurt

That's B.S. - if I'm able to get the $59.99 plan, then so should you. However, one caveat, my CSR kept me at my pre-BlackBerry plan (but we added BlackBerry Unlimited Data) until 10/27; which is when I'll officially switch over to the $59.99 BB plan. So, hopefully, the system won't deny the switch. Oh, my CSR also offerred to switch me immediately to the $59.99 BB plan but told me it'd make my current monthly bill appear all whacky so I opted to just wait until the end of my current bill cycle. So, it appears I should be able to switch to that plan even though I'm an existing customer.

Regarding the link to the $19.99 BB Unlimited Data add-on, I can't send you a link as I was only able to find that information after going through the process of signing up with Tmobile as a new customer. So, in order for you to view it, do the following:
1.) Choose a national rate plan by adding it to your cart.
2.) Then, choose the 7100t phone by adding it to your cart.
3.) Then, you'll see a list of optional add-on plans. In this list, you'll see the BB Unlimited Data add-on for BES and BWC ($29.99 & $19.99).

Old 10-20-2004, 10:57 AM   #5
MacFly
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolio
- BlackBerry Unliminted Add-on (BES): $29.98

I have the BlackBerry Minutes & More plan (BWC) for $59.99; which includes:

- 1000 Anytime minutes
- Unlimited text messaging/sms
- Unlimited data for email and web browser
this is a great voice & data plan. i was going to go with the 1500 whenever mins for $79.99, but this does NOT include N&W's. nor can you add it! on thta note, i was told i couldn't add M2M either!

does anyone else find this odd?
Old 10-20-2004, 11:19 AM   #6
DrTacoElf

Also on my tmobile account it says

You have a change pending involving a promotional plan. Until it has gone into effect at the start of your next billing cycle, you will not be able to make further plan changes online. Please call Customer Care at 1-800-937-8997 for further assistance.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:49 AM   #7
highmix

Carrier: T-Mobile

I think we can all agree that the customer service reps don't know squat. You could call 3 times and get 3 different answers (i've verified this claim). Here is the breakdown, regardless of what any of them tell you.

You can switch to any Minutes and Mail. They both include unlimited text messaging - incoming and outgoing. The add-on is $19 for web client - it only includes 300 text messages, so don't be mistaken.

I have the M&M ultra for 1500 minutes and unlimited everything. I am pretty sure you can add on mobile to mobile, but not 100%.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:16 PM   #8
koolio
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
this is a great voice & data plan. i was going to go with the 1500 whenever mins for $79.99, but this does NOT include N&W's. nor can you add it! on thta note, i was told i couldn't add M2M either!
I want to add M2M to the $59.99 BB plan and the CSR told me that it appears that she may not be able to add M2M to the plan from her 'default service plan screen' (or something to that affect). However, she went to a different 'screen' and added it to my BB plan. Like I said earlier, she has me scheduled to switch over to the new plan by the end of this month and we'll see if it's successful or not. If not, I'll definitely be requiring they offer M2M on my plan...after all, T-Mobile always says they create service plans that fit the lifestyles of their customers.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:50 PM   #9
ainvar

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Yeah I had the BWC option added cause I do not want to lose my grandfathered buddytime plan that is $10 a month and it gives you unlimited SMS and unlimited M2M calls.

So I added the BWC addon and removed my Tmo Internet addon and kept my voice plan which is the GMP 1000 w/unlimited N&W for 59.99
So I am paying a little extra but it gives me the option to switch data plans if I ever decide to go away from the BB or a diffrent phone that holds my interests comes out.

I am a little confused as to what the BWC option gives me in terms of the MDS and all from Tmo so I am a little confised atm also

We the unwilling led by the unqualified for so long with so little we now attempt the impossible with nothing
Old 10-20-2004, 05:57 PM   #10
bollar
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
Carrier: Several

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainvar
I am a little confused as to what the BWC option gives me in terms of the MDS and all from Tmo so I am a little confised atm also
The BWC does not include MDS and goes not give you access to an MDS that you might subscribe to. To use an MDS, you'll have to get the more expensive enterprise plan.

Once T-Mobile upgrades their servers, IPPP, which is included in the 7100 might be able to replace most of the functionality of MDS.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:37 PM   #11
ainvar

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks for the info, looks like I might need to get a more expensive plan from tmo then....

We the unwilling led by the unqualified for so long with so little we now attempt the impossible with nothing
Old 10-20-2004, 09:02 PM   #12
rmarquez
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular
Default Re: Very Confused about Blackberry TMO service plans --HELP

Does anyone have the link for this page where it specifies that unlimited text messaging is for incoming only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTacoElf
Now I dug deeper into the info on their website and I came across a page that said for BWC plans unlimited text messaging is for INCOMING only!!!! Anyone have info on this.
Closed Thread