Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 05:51 AM   #1
outfocus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: Telstra
Default 8700g ringtones problems, 7130g NOT

Please Login to Remove!

Just about any mp3 works on my 7130g, but I simply cannot download some of the same mp3's on my 7130g. Plus some tones are a little too high pitched on my 8700g.

I would prefer to use the 8700g and keep my 7130g as a backup, but this is anoying. I understand that maybe I could convert these tones to suite the 8700g, but that is too much trouble.

Is anyone aware of this problem? Could it be fixed with newer firmware, or is my 8700g having issues?

Many thanks in advance......
Old 07-18-2006, 11:25 AM   #2
mymitsu3kgt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9780
PIN: 236676A8
Carrier: TMobile

I don't know about the 7130, but it seems MP3s need to have a specific format to work on the 8700. With a Motorola phone, you can download any MP3 you'd like from the internet and it'll work with no problem. If you go here: http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...=mp3+ringtones there are links with MP3s that will work perfectly with the 8700.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:58 AM   #3
VickyPaz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: TMobile

Hi, I was searching for other ringtones too and found this thread:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...ight=free+8700

i visited the website http://8700.150m.com/ from my BB, downloaded an ringtone and was able to save it to my ringtones and use it as my ring. They have a pretty good selection of new songs but not sure if you like any of them.

'I am stuck on Blackberry and my Blackberry's stuck on me'
Old 07-18-2006, 04:11 PM   #4
moosehead
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700c
PIN: tucked behind a bunker
Carrier: AT&T

Need help.....downloaded from the site noted above.....but can't find it listed on my BB? I'm searching clicking Profiles-->Phone Only--> Show Tunes and don't see any of my newly downloaded ringtones listed?
Old 07-18-2006, 05:15 PM   #5
DHermit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead
Need help.....downloaded from the site noted above.....but can't find it listed on my BB? I'm searching clicking Profiles-->Phone Only--> Show Tunes and don't see any of my newly downloaded ringtones listed?
go to profiles > phone only > and then change ur ringtone, you'll see it in the list with the filename.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:43 PM   #6
outfocus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: Telstra

Thats what I thought, thanks guys. Seems the 7130g has some definate advantages. I have a lot of personal ringtones I use from my collection and don't feel like converting them all. Cheers
Closed Thread