Old 05-12-2008, 07:52 AM   #1
bcreekski
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default New models for Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Is there anyway to contact Verizon to encourage them to get updated/future models for example the "Bold"? The most useful method would seem to be a website that could show extensive interest rather than just one customer contacting Verizon periodically.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:31 AM   #2
strike2tamu
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcreekski View Post
Is there anyway to contact Verizon to encourage them to get updated/future models for example the "Bold"? The most useful method would seem to be a website that could show extensive interest rather than just one customer contacting Verizon periodically.
I honestly doubt a carrier can be swayed to do anything...no matter how many people participate.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:53 PM   #3
King Neptune117
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

yea i agree, sigh i have verizon also. All I can hope for is either they do get the bold or the "thunder".
Old 05-13-2008, 05:54 PM   #4
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless there is contact information for VPs and things in the company.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:58 PM   #5
culater88
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330

The Bold is scheduled to come out around Sept. 2008.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:16 PM   #6
Blackberryer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by culater88 View Post
The Bold is scheduled to come out around Sept. 2008.
Where have you seen this? Everything I've read said this summer.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:57 AM   #7
TreyS
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: VZW

Thunder is scheduled to come out in November too.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:21 AM   #8
cdw5510
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

Thunder. Any PICS. First TOuch Screen for BB?
Old 05-20-2008, 11:51 AM   #9
*&))
Thumbs Must Hurt

Do you really see a blackberry on the horizon for verizon with three release already this year. (8830, 8330, Pearl)
Don't get me wrong I would love to seem one but I just can't see a new device this year, that would be too much like doing what we won't.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:31 PM   #10
Dawg
No longer Registered.

PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by *&)) View Post
Do you really see a blackberry on the horizon for verizon with three release already this year. (8830, 8330, Pearl)
Don't get me wrong I would love to seem one but I just can't see a new device this year, that would be too much like doing what we won't.
anything is possible look they dropped the prices on their data plans and gave us 3 new devices this year.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:09 AM   #11
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 35AABF91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
anything is possible look they dropped the prices on their data plans and gave us 3 new devices this year.

yea. i know everyone has their own opinion, but i really think verizon has the best network in the country. granted there are always places where, say, tmobile will work and verizon won't, but on a whole verizon works better almost everywhere with exception to extreme far reach rural areas. part of the better coverage is due to the CDMA technology and its better ability to adapt to weaker signal strengths and penetrate buildings and foliage/buildings better, and another part is that they were aggressive in expanding coverage back in 2003-2005 while all of the TDMA carriers' coverage growth was stagnant as they were switching over to GSM.

regardless, verizon knows they have a stronger network and they have been acting that way ever since they came to that realization. it's good to see that they are finally lowering prices and increasing services at the same time. what's funny is that even with all of the whining about their policies, people still flock towards them b/c everyone knows they provide good service. ok, moving on from that late night tangent........

verizon is getting better at getting more up-to-date phones. to be honest, i have stopped paying attention to the generic flip phone market as they are all the same and they are all crap...and rather i have been following the smartphone/PDA/blackberry market. while verizon may get devices after everyone else, all it will take is 1 exclusive blackberry to propel verizon WAY ahead of everyone else. look at ATT Wireless...the iPhone didn't attract as many customers as ATT had hoped, and the gap between Verizon subscribers and ATT subscribers didn't differ all that much (oooops!!!). i bet that if verizon got exclusive rights to the blackberry touch screen device, you will see many ATT wireless blackberry users jump ship to verizon as soon as they can, especially since the data plans between ATT and Verizon are almost identical.

that's my rant for the night, time to bed. peace

Last edited by JGBerry; 05-21-2008 at 01:12 AM..
Old 05-21-2008, 08:50 PM   #12
rexbullx

Model: 8200
Carrier: Rogers

sounds like good news
Old 05-21-2008, 10:55 PM   #13
Girion
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: T of Guinness plz

Quote:
Just for the record, only the Curve was released "this year" aka 2008 - both the 8830 and the 8130 were released in 2007. I got my 8830 about a year ago exactly, and traded up to my Pearl in Sept-ish 2007.

So another VZW release (especially later in 2008 considering the Curve's relatively short time release) isn't THAT far-fetched...but still pretty unlikely.

"For pretty things that serve no use, the true art finds its tether.
To those who know illumination comes wickless in the nether."
Old 05-26-2008, 04:53 PM   #14
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
Quote:
Your post makes sense. It was an unusual yr for the company. I backed off the Curve hoping to be part of the next generation of devices.

LET'S GO CANES!
Closed Thread