BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 01:47 AM   #1
poopboypat

Model: 7100i
Default 7100i coming from Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, heres my story I have been with Cingular for awhile and was ok. Now I got a $349 phone bill and I’m done with them. I have had so many overages on my “Cheap Plan” . I had a 200 minute plan and 1000 anytime minutes. And well it doesn’t work for me anymore Im going to Nextel/sprint.

I am a poor college kid who uses text messages a lot. I will also be getting a “Cheap Plan” from Nextel/spring, but with unlimited night and weekends and the 500 text message a month. I will not be getting the black berry data plan. I would, but I just can’t afford it. I will basically be using this as phone and maybe some other options.

Ok, sorry if that was unnecessary. I have heard that this phone will not work unless its in digital phone service (no analog?) I travel a lot during the summer and I would hate for my phone not to work all the time. Also if I don’t have any internet plan, will this limit my phone other than e-mail and browsing? (Ie. Will GPS work?)

You are probably wondering why I want this phone and its because I text a lot and I want the keyboard of this phone. I had a nokia 6820, which I love for texting, but its falling apart and I’m not sure if I can use it with sprint.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:43 PM   #2
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

First, of all, "you had a 200 min plan and 1000 anytime minutes"????That doesnt even make sense, and I sell Cingular. Sounds to me like the reasons that your having overages is because you are trying to cheap cut it when you actually need more. I am so tired of hearing that I got a big bill from Cingular because I tried to do cheap. You get what you pay for. My old man told me that and his dad too. And you know what, its true. Some cases prove otherwise, but for the most part, its true.

And what were your overages for, did you ever bother to view it or to make the appropriate changes to your account. I bet college taught you that tactic already huh? And was this post just to state that you want this phone for texting?!?!? WTF.

I am sorry if i seem mad, but OMG. thank you for the insight. Have a good time at NEXTPRINT.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:09 PM   #3
Amondra

Model: 7250

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopboypat
Ok, heres my story I have been with Cingular for awhile and was ok. Now I got a $349 phone bill and I’m done with them. I have had so many overages on my “Cheap Plan” . I had a 200 minute plan and 1000 anytime minutes. And well it doesn’t work for me anymore Im going to Nextel/sprint.

I am a poor college kid who uses text messages a lot. I will also be getting a “Cheap Plan” from Nextel/spring, but with unlimited night and weekends and the 500 text message a month. I will not be getting the black berry data plan. I would, but I just can’t afford it. I will basically be using this as phone and maybe some other options.

Ok, sorry if that was unnecessary. I have heard that this phone will not work unless its in digital phone service (no analog?) I travel a lot during the summer and I would hate for my phone not to work all the time. Also if I don’t have any internet plan, will this limit my phone other than e-mail and browsing? (Ie. Will GPS work?)

You are probably wondering why I want this phone and its because I text a lot and I want the keyboard of this phone. I had a nokia 6820, which I love for texting, but its falling apart and I’m not sure if I can use it with sprint.
You will have to get an iDen phone or a Sprint Provisioned CDMA phone. Thing is like you said if your interested in the 7100i it doesnt send SMS messages, its strictly MMS and Email only =P
Closed Thread