Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerfall View Post
You wouldn't like to be able to use the GPS with other apps?
Not really as I have stated many times I have a great GPS in my vehicle. I just dont need it. I have used the verizon navigator and like it very much. I just dont need the extra space taken up on my already memory strained device.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:07 PM   #62
PPCMD
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by numetheus View Post
I love Verizon. Like I pointed out in many of my prior messages ... I am a device guy. If they came out with a better overall selection consistently, I would more than willingly switch back to VZW. As it stands though, my appetite is over 4 phones a year, and their device menu is highly anemic and non-interesting. Most people though, do not buy phones like I do, so their dislike for Verizon is probably different than my own. For example, I am buying iPhone 2 at launch, and I am buying Bold when it is released.

Verizon is an awesome network. In my area, service between AT&T and VZW are just about identical, except I find VZW has slightly better call quality. It is different in other areas though. I was with them for 3 years.
When I was on Verizon I was also averaging about3-4 phones a year, constantly buying the latest for Verizon, but really last years model from GSM. I enjoyed the coverage of their network but I could no longer wait for the best tech to show up only to have to "Pay to Play". Dawg foes not feel that a device is hobbled if the carrier A makes you pay to use the feature on the device when carrier B doesn't. I can agree with that, but I won't pay for it. I have found that GSM offers greater variety, flexibility and unlocked devices that are offered as the MANUFACTURER INTENDED. All the carriers are out to screw the customer and get your money but from my 10 years with Verizon I got tired of it and left. They were found guilty of misleading customers by virtue of a court settlement and I have moved on.

If you want tech and the best variety and features you are better off with a GSM device.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:14 PM   #63
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCMD View Post
When I was on Verizon I was also averaging about3-4 phones a year, constantly buying the latest for Verizon, but really last years model from GSM. I enjoyed the coverage of their network but I could no longer wait for the best tech to show up only to have to "Pay to Play". Dawg foes not feel that a device is hobbled if the carrier A makes you pay to use the feature on the device when carrier B doesn't. I can agree with that, but I won't pay for it. I have found that GSM offers greater variety, flexibility and unlocked devices that are offered as the MANUFACTURER INTENDED. All the carriers are out to screw the customer and get your money but from my 10 years with Verizon I got tired of it and left. They were found guilty of misleading customers by virtue of a court settlement and I have moved on.

If you want tech and the best variety and features you are better off with a GSM device.
Here's to freedom of choice. Unfortunately as more and more carriers merge, there will be less and less of it and more "Verizon like" nonsense.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:04 PM   #64
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCMD View Post

Thank you for finally understanding what I have been trying to say.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:57 PM   #65
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Theoretically, 3G is much faster than EVDO Rev A. I think the theoretical limit of 3G is something like 14 mbps and EVDO Rev A somewhere like 4.9 mbps. However the average on both is between 400-800 kbps up to 2.4 mbps for EVDO and 3.6 mbps for ATT 3G.

But as others have said, there are so many variables inplay, most of with you cannot control that it isn't even worth the argument. Some of these are: device processor, device memory, tower congestion, distance to the tower, plus others.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 06-04-2008, 05:12 PM   #66
Delorean2006

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxurynick View Post
Hey guys,

Is 3G thru ATT or TMobile faster than EVDO currently on VZW? When VZW gets 3G, will that be pretty equal to the GSMs 3Gs?

Thanks
yea i read an article on i think engadget.com saying that at&t 3g is the fastest by far and should be getting a lot faster this summer
Closed Thread