BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 02:49 PM   #41
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

Please Login to Remove!

I think the Bold will have excellent battery life for 3G, considering their track record with the 88xx I expect it to be better than the competition.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:50 PM   #42
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

The question I have is what will the battery life be for the rumored CDMA bold? Generally CDMA battery life is not as good as GSM.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:01 PM   #43
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
Dawg, i enjoy you and your posts but i'm sure their are a (w)hole army on here that would say you can be a bit of a VZW fanboy at times. Just mention "GPS and VZW" in the same post and there were times where it got ugly.
my point was that I'm free to discuss your temper as its an open forum. the whole fanboy thing gets old, people like what they like and no outside person will ever change another person's mind. but there are some that take every opportunity to slam people for liking something other than BB when there are actually smart open-minded people who are capable of liking more than just one device maker.
As stated many times use the term all you freaking want to I really dont care. I will defend VZW and their right to not have GPS. Just like you defend the iphone so from one fanboy to another who really cares?

Last edited by Dawg; 05-29-2008 at 04:02 PM..
Old 05-29-2008, 04:53 PM   #44
ghettochild
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: n/a
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
Great advice I'd suggest you consider taking yourself. No one asked what you're interested in or not interested in, and he and everyone else here are entitled to post their opinions - whether you happen to like them and find them interesting or not.

Chill, or take Dawg's advice and go somewhere else where everyone will only post "what you're interested in" (assuming you could find such a place.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
I for one don't care if you call us fanboys or not. My mother taught me sticks and stones when I was young.

But going on craze definition I am not a fanboy anymore because I like other things. Thanks Ill be sure to point that out to the people who continue to use that term so liberally.

And Test thats the second time you've said something about my temper. I don't have a short temper at all. That would entail me getting mad by what is written here and that is way far off the truth. I get upset at times but I have only been mad in one post here, and I deleted everything I said in it later that day after I calmed down. So please if you have something to say send me a PM and we can talk.
Talking about thin-skinned, off-topic rants.

I asked a simple question in my original post. I am interest in people's takes on the battery life of the device. More than 90% of the posts in the thread have no relevance to the original post. It's just my opinion but off-topic rants and cheap shots at other devices you may not like kind of defeat the purpose of posting on a forum to begin with.

Now, I know you may feel the urgent need to rebuff me and tell me to go @#$% myself, but maybe you can save that and instead give your opinion/thoughts regarding the original post.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:20 PM   #45
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettochild View Post
Talking about thin-skinned, off-topic rants.

I asked a simple question in my original post. I am interest in people's takes on the battery life of the device. More than 90% of the posts in the thread have no relevance to the original post. It's just my opinion but off-topic rants and cheap shots at other devices you may not like kind of defeat the purpose of posting on a forum to begin with.

Now, I know you may feel the urgent need to rebuff me and tell me to go @#$% myself, but maybe you can save that and instead give your opinion/thoughts regarding the original post.
Best to just let it drop, you have a right to your opinion, too.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:21 PM   #46
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Far from thin skinned here my friend. I have been around here long enough to have callouses 2 inches thick. You have not given me a reason to tell you to go @#$% yourself.

I don't think you are going to find any opinions you want like or other wise.
Because
A. No one knows, because the device isn't on the market yet
B. No one knows because no one owns one yet.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:42 PM   #47
customshopkv1
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Far from thin skinned here my friend. I have been around here long enough to have callouses 2 inches thick. You have not given me a reason to tell you to go @#$% yourself.

I don't think you are going to find any opinions you want like or other wise.
Because
A. No one knows, because the device isn't on the market yet
B. No one knows because no one owns one yet.
Also how accurate are the manufacturer's claimed battery life in reality.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:49 PM   #48
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by customshopkv1 View Post
very true indeed. I have never had one be on the money. Its all in the use and what you are running and not running.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:13 PM   #49
DallasFlier

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by customshopkv1 View Post
Actually, that's the one valid data point we DO have. As was pointed out earlier, RIM's claims for the Bold appear to be equal or greater to their claims for the last several models - models that we DO have significant knowledge of across the forum userbase. So, since in general "battery life sucks" hasn't been a common complaint against BlackBerry's, odds are that it won't "suck" for the Bold either. Obviously, as Dawg says, your individual battery life will vary significantly, based on what programs you personally keep running all the time on your Bold - just as it does on existing BlackBerrys.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:36 PM   #50
DallasFlier

Oh, and since someone was claiming "no data" about negative opinions regarding iPhone, here's some data. If you type "BlackBerry battery life sucks" into Google, you get 20,500 hits (including this thread near the top.) If you type "iPhone battery life sucks" you get 81,200 hits. That would seem to be a pretty good indication that there's a LOT more dissatisfaction about battery life on iPhones than on BlackBerrys - by about 4 to 1. And again, past performance (of the 2G models) is the ONLY data we currently have to begin to predict which 3G phone might have better battery life. So, there's real data.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:53 PM   #51
Dawg
No longer Registered.

LMAO I knew you would dig up some stats
Old 05-29-2008, 06:59 PM   #52
DallasFlier

Quote:
LMAO I knew you would dig up some stats
He wanted "facts" to back up "opinions", there ya go!
Old 05-29-2008, 07:14 PM   #53
test54
BlackBerry Master

leave it to Dallas to come up with a ridiculous way of coming up with numbers. if you simply go with number of google hits then you truly do deserve my pity.

by that logic: search for blackberry = 77,400,000
search for iphone: 177,000,000

so i guess apple must be #1 in smartphones then.

Last edited by test54; 05-29-2008 at 07:16 PM..
Old 05-29-2008, 07:15 PM   #54
TheBigNewt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Does anyone know how many mAh are in an Iphone's battery? What I mean is if it's 800-900 sure it will suck compared to a BB because of the bigger screen. The 8100 has 900 mAh. My larger one has 1200. The iPhone should have one at least that big but I bet it doesn't, and you can't put in a bigger one like the BB (2700 available). It's all about battery capacity, screensize, and radios. There's no magic in there, trust me!

Last edited by TheBigNewt; 05-29-2008 at 07:16 PM..
Old 05-29-2008, 07:24 PM   #55
CMatthews
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: ??????
Carrier: Verizon 9630, 9650, 9550/AT&T 9000, 9700, 9800

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
Does anyone know how many mAh are in an Iphone's battery? What I mean is if it's 800-900 sure it will suck compared to a BB because of the bigger screen. The 8100 has 900 mAh. My larger one has 1200. The iPhone should have one at least that big but I bet it doesn't, and you can't put in a bigger one like the BB (2700 available). It's all about battery capacity, screensize, and radios. There's no magic in there, trust me!
Not sure just how accurate this is, but according to this site the iPhone battery is 1400mAh.

iPod and iPhone Battery FAQs
Old 05-29-2008, 07:57 PM   #56
DallasFlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
leave it to Dallas to come up with a ridiculous way of coming up with numbers. if you simply go with number of google hits then you truly do deserve my pity.

by that logic: search for blackberry = 77,400,000
search for iphone: 177,000,000

so i guess apple must be #1 in smartphones then.
test, forgive me, but my patience is wearing thin here. The OP, who you decided needed you to jump in and defend him, said "you have no clue when it comes to the iPhone so please just refrain from offering your opinion which isn't grounded in any facts." So it wasn't ME asking for facts, it was him. I offered verifiable facts, you may not like them since they don't agree with your opinions, but they're verifiable facts, nonetheless. In contrast, you've offered exactly ZERO facts, but have gone heavily into personal attacks, with terms like "stupid", "ridiculous", etc. As for your counterargument, since it would appear that a large part of those google hits are NEGATIVE, not positive for the iPhone - sorry, but invalid conclusion on your part. In the meantime, if all you have to offer is personal attacks like "ridiculous", "stupid", etc - kindly just STFU, OK?
Old 05-29-2008, 08:03 PM   #57
test54
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMatthews View Post
Not sure just how accurate this is, but according to this site the iPhone battery is 1400mAh.

iPod and iPhone Battery FAQs
thats sounds about right, I know alot of phone are using the 1500 and i would guess the iphone battery is in that ballpark.

dallas, there's the thin skin. i have not put out any fact because there is nothing being discussed here that requires facts, its all opinions. and please check out how google tallies their totals please.

Last edited by test54; 05-29-2008 at 08:05 PM..
Old 05-29-2008, 08:04 PM   #58
Dawg
No longer Registered.

better watch out dallas theyll be calling you a fanboy of some sort.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:22 PM   #59
ghettochild
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: n/a
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
test, forgive me, but my patience is wearing thin here. The OP, who you decided needed you to jump in and defend him, said "you have no clue when it comes to the iPhone so please just refrain from offering your opinion which isn't grounded in any facts." So it wasn't ME asking for facts, it was him. I offered verifiable facts, you may not like them since they don't agree with your opinions, but they're verifiable facts, nonetheless. In contrast, you've offered exactly ZERO facts, but have gone heavily into personal attacks, with terms like "stupid", "ridiculous", etc. As for your counterargument, since it would appear that a large part of those google hits are NEGATIVE, not positive for the iPhone - sorry, but invalid conclusion on your part. In the meantime, if all you have to offer is personal attacks like "ridiculous", "stupid", etc - kindly just STFU, OK?
You just have a hard time staying on-topic, don't you? Yet another rant involving the iPhone which isn't what I'm interested in.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:05 PM   #60
CrazEtooN
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: iPhne
PIN: point
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Oh, and since someone was claiming "no data" about negative opinions regarding iPhone, here's some data. If you type "BlackBerry battery life sucks" into Google, you get 20,500 hits (including this thread near the top.) If you type "iPhone battery life sucks" you get 81,200 hits. That would seem to be a pretty good indication that there's a LOT more dissatisfaction about battery life on iPhones than on BlackBerrys - by about 4 to 1. And again, past performance (of the 2G models) is the ONLY data we currently have to begin to predict which 3G phone might have better battery life. So, there's real data.
Quote:
Doing a "Google search" does not constitute any sort of justifiable data. The iPhone is THE number 1 phone that people love to hate on, and as such, forums are full of topics with simple statements, such as; "The iPhone's battery life sucks." Many of these statements are made by people that have never used one, don't know jack about one, and have no grounds to make that comment. When you do your Google search, however, and it "crawls" a site that has that post on it, it will come back as a hit for your general search term.

Yeah, those sure are justifiable facts. BlackBerry devices have lived in world that the consumer market was mostly oblivious to until recently, and as such there is no reason for people to take constant pot shots at it. The iPhone, on the other hand, was released with a HUGE U.S. bang and skyrocketed to popularity in an instant. With that comes uninformed masses hating it and flaming it on message boards just for the sake of doing it. I would even be willing to bet that more than half those "factual hits" are from stuff that was posted long before the iPhone was even released; back when it was surrounded by a cloud of hype and uncertainty. Just go look at user reviews of it on a site like CNet, where people were saying it had a bad battery and it all round sucked, BEFORE it was even released.

Really good justifiable facts... Seriously.

Last edited by CrazEtooN; 05-29-2008 at 10:07 PM..
Closed Thread