Old 06-13-2008, 07:36 PM   #21
ghettochild
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: n/a
Carrier: at&t

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
i still bet that the BlackBerry outsells the iPhone.

Iphone - 1 device
Over a dozen different BBs if you include all carrier models, with multiple form factors. the iPhone LOST market share in the US in the last quarter, RIM on the other hand, went up.
You don't really believe that the Bold will outsell the iPhone 3g, do you? As far as the entire BB line is concerned, there are about 12-13 million BB users worldwide. BBs are around for what, about 6-8 years? The iPhone with the release in 70 or so countries will likely surpass 10 million users at the end of the year- 1.5 years after the phone's initial release.

That should speak for itself.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:51 PM   #22
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

I did not say the bold outselling the iPhone did I? I said BlackBerry. and then went on to mention a dozen models.

RIM is about to announce how many subscribers they had, in March it was just over 14 million if i recall correctly, and the growth was over 2.1 million in that quarter. Those are new customers. By years end we will see BB over the 20 million mark worldwide, of that I have no doubt. Also keep in mind that consumers did not purchase BlackBerrys until the Pearl was released in 2004/2005. (again this is being general). Completely different initial markets. 70 countries for Apple, over 130 for RIM, on over 300 networks world wide. Apple will sell a crap load of phones, dont get me wrong, but i do not see them taking the top spot any time soon. they need to branch away from one device offering if they hope to achieve that. Also, virtual BB/BB Connect is being developed for the iPhone, and that is also going to be money in RIM's pockets.

The 9500, when it launches will be exclusive on two networks. Vodafone UK and Verizon. It is reported that they have a goal in the millions of units (between the two companies) to sell that device, otherwise it goes worldwide. That is going to be the competitor to the iPhone, not the 9000.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:53 PM   #23
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Can I borrow the ban button for 2 seconds please???
Old 06-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #24
Attila The Hun
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T,Orang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettochild View Post
You don't really believe that the Bold will outsell the iPhone 3g, do you? As far as the entire BB line is concerned, there are about 12-13 million BB users worldwide. BBs are around for what, about 6-8 years? The iPhone with the release in 70 or so countries will likely surpass 10 million users at the end of the year- 1.5 years after the phone's initial release.

i think it will
Old 06-13-2008, 08:48 PM   #25
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 20FA40E8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
Spoken like a true fanboy
Well your a BlackBerry fanboy so what does that say? I say look at a device for what it is instead of blindly hating something just because it doesnt carry a certain brand. He loves his iPhone, but he has also posts for BlackBerry.

I hope iPhone does REALLY well. I also hope Bold does REALLY well. Hell, I'm gonna have both anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
Old 06-13-2008, 08:52 PM   #26
Rat_Boy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
the iphone will be the bigger seller this summer, not the Bold.
And it won't even be close.

My whole office, for instance, JUST upgraded to Curve's. I mean, within two weeks. I doubt we are the only office.

My guess is a lot of businesses won't pounce on the Bold because while it is a much superior device to the Curve, or any other model, businesses won't have much motivation or need to spend that money.

And from the general public consumer level, I think the iPhone will beat the Bold easily this summer.

This isn't a shot at Blackberry, it just is what it is.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:00 PM   #27
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7

Quote:
Originally Posted by numetheus View Post
Well your a BlackBerry fanboy so what does that say? I say look at a device for what it is instead of blindly hating something just because it doesnt carry a certain brand. He loves his iPhone, but he has also posts for BlackBerry.

I hope iPhone does REALLY well. I also hope Bold does REALLY well. Hell, I'm gonna have both anyway.
Thank You. Its refreshing to hear from someone who isn't so blinded by the BB to the point that anyone who doesn't think like them is either looking for trouble, a fan boy or someone worthy of blocking or banning. I enjoy reading the post from most of the members here, but some are so obsessed that they end up looking like boobs.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #28
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by numetheus View Post

Not so I have carried and own several other devices. I just dont like the iphone.

Quote:
Thank You. Its refreshing to hear from someone who isn't so blinded by the BB to the point that anyone who doesn't think like them is either looking for trouble, a fan boy or someone worthy of blocking or banning. I enjoy reading the post from most of the members here, but some are so obsessed that they end up looking like boobs.
Include yourself on looking like a boob at times. As I stated above I like many devices I just cant stand anything apple. So if you want me banned so bad please plead your case to the admins and mods. I am sure you can find one that would oblige you.

Last edited by Dawg; 06-13-2008 at 09:05 PM..
Old 06-13-2008, 09:04 PM   #29
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

To quote a movie "Stay on Target" please
Old 06-13-2008, 09:41 PM   #30
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7

Quote:
Not so I have carried and own several other devices. I just dont like the iphone.

Include yourself on looking like a boob at times. As I stated above I like many devices I just cant stand anything apple. So if you want me banned so bad please plead your case to the admins and mods. I am sure you can find one that would oblige you.
I don't want anyone banned.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:53 PM   #31
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Why use the fact you have used several devices in the past, then finish off by saying you hate anything apple? That last line only enforces your policy that it doesn't matter what it is, how good it is, or how well it is taken by the public ... as long as it says Apple is crap. Kind of makes your arguments against anything apple kind of mute doesn't it? Like arguing aginst something you know little about or have very limited experience with?

That being said I kind of understand your frame of mind Dawg. A hate Microsoft products with a passion. Every software with the Microsoft name in my mind, comes with a billion bugs, a reach around by Balmer and Gates, and a butt raping.

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
Old 06-13-2008, 09:55 PM   #32
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

There is a thread already about Bold v iPhone. Keep these posts there or in the Handheld Forum. useless posts will be removed
Old 06-13-2008, 09:56 PM   #33
justajason
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

I think im going to throw up....
Old 06-13-2008, 11:31 PM   #34
cellguy

PIN: 25F09CFD

Quote:
and further lose ground to Vzw on BlackBerry sales? That is a very bad idea for them. But hey, World's number 1 pda or catering to Jobs, either way, I am getting a Bold on the 25th
25th of ??? June???
Old 06-13-2008, 11:35 PM   #35
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

yes indeed
Old 06-13-2008, 11:36 PM   #36
cellguy

PIN: 25F09CFD

Quote:
yes indeed
I think I just wet myself, lol
Old 06-13-2008, 11:37 PM   #37
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

um... i am gonna go stand over... there now... yeah
Old 06-14-2008, 05:41 AM   #38
dietcoke

Model: dCoke
Carrier: o2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettochild View Post

Although I am not a fan of apple in anyway and love my blackberries. This is very valid point. The iphone has pop and flair.... the bold has a new dark theme on an os that is getting old quick....

I hope android puts the iphone to shame... however the iphone is getting cheaper.... and it is an ipod as well. I am just pissed my 8120 is running slow lately.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:30 AM   #39
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

Quote:
Makes sense. They want to maximize iphone sales.
Ridiculous! LOL!
Old 06-14-2008, 06:34 AM   #40
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

To keep this thread from getting out of hand, I will refrain from discussing the battery life of the iPhone! <vbg>
Closed Thread