BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 07:45 AM   #21
Adrian956

Model: 8100C
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Anyone consider "Black Friday" (Nov 28th this year)?
Old 08-11-2008, 09:27 AM   #22
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Alas, it will be released on ATT when it is released and not before! No sense worrying about it.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 08-11-2008, 05:24 PM   #23
mmcpher
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch
PIN: 22CD4D6E
Carrier: ATT/Verizon

I guess we're stuck here waiting, waiting, waiting. . . . I'm not likely to go thru some other route to a Bold because I'm getting it thru and for work. Still, the early, excited announcement, the leaked videos and reviews of functioning Bolds, the release of the Iphone 2.0 (although I've heard a lot of complaints about the Iphone lately) , the muffled delays and rumors of delay, it just eats away at your confidence, if not in RIM than in ATT. . . . Besides, they've almost ruined my Curve experience! I was very happy with my 8310 till I heard and saw about the Bold. . . . Now I find the Curve has lost its luster and it keeps falling from my hand when I'm not paying attention!
Old 08-11-2008, 05:56 PM   #24
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun27612 View Post
Who would imagine that there is speculation and rumor in a forum for a not fully released device with an unannounced released date?
Nothing unusual here. This is the way these new device introductions work. Lots of rumor and speculation and then without warning, you will log ontot hsi forum and the official announcement has been made. I use google alerts to send me the latest info/new directly to my Blackberry! It is sad as my Curve is sending me information on it replacement!

Thanks to the "fair" mod for cleaning this thread up!
Old 08-11-2008, 05:58 PM   #25
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcpher View Post
I guess we're stuck here waiting, waiting, waiting. . . . I'm not likely to go thru some other route to a Bold because I'm getting it thru and for work. Still, the early, excited announcement, the leaked videos and reviews of functioning Bolds, the release of the Iphone 2.0 (although I've heard a lot of complaints about the Iphone lately) , the muffled delays and rumors of delay, it just eats away at your confidence, if not in RIM than in ATT. . . . Besides, they've almost ruined my Curve experience! I was very happy with my 8310 till I heard and saw about the Bold. . . . Now I find the Curve has lost its luster and it keeps falling from my hand when I'm not paying attention!

I have had to go back and forth between my red and titainium Curves and even into my 8820 to keep me happy till it gets here.

Just take a deep breath and the Bold will be here in no time!
Old 08-11-2008, 06:54 PM   #26
daward
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Default Bold ETA

Talked to my AT&T rep today and wanted to get my name on a preorder. They are not taking any pre orders at this time. I asked them when they think ii may be released and the person I talked to said she heard in August--this year. She also head that it was coming out in July, which we know didn't happen. So, like most of you, I agree that we will see it when we see it.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:37 PM   #27
Scooters
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular

Talked to AT&T store manager. She is really excited about the Bold. She said that the RIM reps are being really tight-lipped about the release. At first they heard the end of August. Then there was a hint of October. The simple answer is that anyone who really knows ain't talkin!
Old 08-12-2008, 05:26 AM   #28
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooters View Post
Talked to AT&T store manager. She is really excited about the Bold. She said that the RIM reps are being really tight-lipped about the release. At first they heard the end of August. Then there was a hint of October. The simple answer is that anyone who really knows ain't talkin!
The reps are really not "tight lipped". ATT knows they could not keep a secret if their life depended on it. This is why AT&T does not tell them anything. They do not know anything more than what is posted on this forum!

And that is still just rumors for now!

Last edited by greggebhardt; 08-12-2008 at 05:28 AM..
Old 08-12-2008, 06:21 AM   #29
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted (8310; The Juggernaut)

The Bold has been placed on the ATT Business site. Another thread on the forums here has the link.
BlackBerry® Bold™ 9000
No date mentioned.

Last edited by JSanders; 08-12-2008 at 08:27 AM..
Old 08-12-2008, 08:19 AM   #30
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Carrier: at&t

Listen, I just got off the phone with my plumber who asked to remain anonymous. When I questioned him about the release date of the Bold on AT&T he said, and I quote, "It will be released in the middle of a month, and most certainly after the beginning of that month, and before the end of that month."

When asked what month he was referring to, he could offer no additional information, other than he got his information from someone else that is credible and has a job somewhere else.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:29 AM   #31
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

He is not credible, then, unless he has a cousin whose barber's brother-in-law works for RIM.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:52 AM   #32
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Ok Mr. Sanders... thanks for shooting down my intel. I guess I'll be keeping my Jonas Brothers secret concert dates to myself.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:05 PM   #33
PPCMD
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A

The BB Bold page has been up for a couple of months on the ATT site, and thats about all ATT has done. If AT&T can't get it done I will consider getting it elsewhere unlocked.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:35 AM   #34
Frank Castle
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: PM Me!
Carrier: VZW

Our global rep wrote last night that it's back in the lab for "code revisions" and he's hearing Oct/Nov so I'd say it's not in Sept unless something accelerates it.

What's frustrating is you now see reports that At&t only got the Iphone 3G a day or two before launch from apple so why hold back RIM and let apple have this huge market time to themselves - smacks of milking sales for iphone as they know they will just sell a ton of Bolds .. heck sales to established accounts will likely keep them busy through mid next year.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:15 AM   #35
rsnadel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A

The iPhone is having problems with AT&T's 3G network. Is it possible the early runs of the Bold are having problems with the network as well? It's also possible that the network sucks (it defintely sucks where I am in So. Calif.)
Old 08-14-2008, 11:07 AM   #36
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsnadel View Post
The iPhone is having problems with AT&T's 3G network. Is it possible the early runs of the Bold are having problems with the network as well? It's also possible that the network sucks (it defintely sucks where I am in So. Calif.)
I will take it with EDGE with the promise that it will work on the 3G network when they get it fixed! 3G is not going to get my calls and email to me any quicker.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:26 PM   #37
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: AT&T, VZW

Yea ,most likely it's all about Battery Life and this new 3G network. Better to get it right before handing out devices that have problems. But I am getting tired of waiting, as Greg said- I"ll take it with EDGE, fine by me. I will say this though, my brother picked up a Nokia E71, super sexy device! Sadly no Blackberry connect present on it, and like the iphone, it hardly ever roams in 3G. Lets go at&t, get your network together!
Old 08-14-2008, 04:36 PM   #38
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsnadel View Post
The issues with the iPhone and 3G have happened outside of AT&T's network (other countries), and have widely been attributed to the iPhone's hardware (Apple denies this is the case). AT&T could be trying to spread out the waves of 3G devices being added to the network.

I also have a hard time believing from reps that the phone has "been returned for code revisions" this late in the game, especially with other prominent carrier launches.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:55 PM   #39
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

I read somewhere that it was the Infineon chipset that was making a hash of the iPhone situation.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:45 PM   #40
Scooters
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular

There are a bunch of reasons why the Blold may not be out yet. Remember, after the testing is done, there may be hardware as well as software changes. If any single part doesn't arrive on time, there is no production. If you are going to produce a zillion Bolds, you have to have a bunch of folks making the various widgets that go into the product. I'm sure that they need enough stock to reach critical mass before the product is released anywhere stateside.

Just because they have a final release version of the machine, doesn't mean that they have been produced a releaseable quantity.