ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownGirl View Post
I checked out the Wirefly site and it does not show any early termination fee charged by them. If you terminate early, you have to pay the standard termination fee charged by the carrier, which is fair. If you think otherwise, please post the link to the part of the site that has a termination fee listed.
Im am going off of old knowledge they may have stopped doing this
Old 11-04-2008, 10:35 AM   #42
strogonowski
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Default Bold for $99 after rebate

That is the best price I could find if you by going thru Etrade which directs you to Wirefly. They have a free Curve or Pearl but you can pick another device. Bold is $99 after $100 rebate. Good luck, still want to see Storm before I pull the triger.

Last edited by strogonowski; 11-04-2008 at 11:14 AM.. Reason: Added info.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:01 AM   #43
UptownGirl
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Wirefly

Just spoke to customer service at Wirefly. If you were to cancel your AT&T contract within 6 months, you would be charged an "Equipment Discount Fee" of $250, in addition to to the AT&T early termination fee. However, after 6 months, that falls away. The reality is, most of us won't be teriminating our contracts in 6 months, so the fee shouldn't really be an issue here. But it's something to be aware of....
Old 11-04-2008, 12:54 PM   #44
RedBxstr

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsnest View Post
RedBxtr -
I agree with you partially there – if you have been waiting for this phone forever and have the means to pay $399 (or $799) then you ought to purchase it now. But the fact that many are willing to wait before taking the plunge – both BB enthusiasts and consumers - goes to show how RIM screwed up a really nice opportunity! They could have generated an IPhone like hype with this phone but instead mucked it up with delayed launch dates and rather lackluster marketing, imo. Now you have folks debating between this and the IPhone!

I bet we would see a price drop before the holiday season is over... how significant a drop remains to be seen ...and that I think is the reason why many are still "undecided"
I can understand that, though I already have my sights on the Storm. I am not crazy with Verizon but the phone is sweet. I just can't help myself. I love new technology and can't wait. Price or not. The Bold is very sweet and hope all that want it will choose to get it. They won't be sorry.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:16 PM   #45
Coach Lon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310

Quote:
Originally Posted by strogonowski View Post
That is the best price I could find if you by going thru Etrade which directs you to Wirefly. They have a free Curve or Pearl but you can pick another device. Bold is $99 after $100 rebate. Good luck, still want to see Storm before I pull the triger.
Link? Thanks.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:36 PM   #46
bugsnest
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
OK, so let me ask you this. As someone who's never ordered from Wirefly before, are there any catches to be aware off? Like do they have horrendous penalties for early termination, etc. or do you just pay the standard penalty that AT&T would charge anyways? And how quickly did you get your rebate $$ back?
Sorry did not see your question before... I recall the last time I ordered thru them (early 2007), the rebates arrived after 3 months. The rebates were in the form of $100 pre-filled Visa cards and there were no restrictions in using them.
I was not concerned about early termination fees at the time; I was not planning on switching carriers for any reason. I am getting close my 24 month mark and plan to continue with Cingular/ATT for another 24 months so would not hesitate to get the phone from Wirelfy again.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:54 PM   #47
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Just spoke to customer service at Wirefly. If you were to cancel your AT&T contract within 6 months, you would be charged an "Equipment Discount Fee" of $250, in addition to to the AT&T early termination fee. However, after 6 months, that falls away. The reality is, most of us won't be teriminating our contracts in 6 months, so the fee shouldn't really be an issue here. But it's something to be aware of....
I got the same deal on my Pearl from Amazon when it was brand new. The phone was free after the MIR for new Tmob customers. Disconnect it withing 6 months and they charge your CC $250. Phone was $250 at the stores. People posting store prices of $299 plus $100 rebate now in other thread. Getting cheaper by the hour, check Amazon next week!

Last edited by TheBigNewt; 11-04-2008 at 04:59 PM..
Old 11-04-2008, 05:10 PM   #48
DrjonesUSA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandrzejewski View Post

So... two questions: Is anyone else here having this same dillemma? And does anyone here have an iPhone (this would be in addition to their BlackBerry, of course)? I've played with other peoples' iPhones quite a bit, but you all know as well as I that you can never really get to know a device unless you own it and spend hours playing with it. What kinds of things would I miss from the Berry? I'm sure the push email and PIN messaging will be at the top of that list.

Absolutely true - you cannot *really* see how much you like or dislike a device until it is YOURS to constantly fiddle with.

I have to admit - I was a very heavy BlackBerry user and a HUGE fan - I absolutely adored my Blackberry. It made my life so much simpler and more efficient. I had an 8700 and then a Curve - both with AT&T.

I was *convinced* that the iPhone was simply a fancy toy -- the few times I played with somebody else's, of course I was impressed with some of the features, particularly the Internet of course, but overall I was still extremely skeptical.

Earlier this month, I was given enough Apple gift certificates to completely cover the cost of a new iPhone -- combine that with the fact I was getting sick and tired of waiting for the bold, which was supposed to be out in July, so I pulled the trigger on the iPhone.

Now that I have had it for approximately one month, I can say that I really do like this thing a lot more than the Blackberry -- e-mail is a toss-up - some aspects of email on the iPhone are better, some are not. One big thing: for now, you can only get push email on the iPhone if you have MobileMe, MS Exchange, or Yahoo, and there are some other quirks about email that I do not like.

However, I have noticed on the iPhone that it remembers who I e-mail most often, so that whenever I start to type their name, my most frequently-mailed contacts appear at the top of the list. For example, if you have five Rick's in your address book, but you e-mail "Rick Smith" the most, his address pops up at the top when you start typing "Rick" into the address field.

Very cool and helpful.

I do not have the time to go on and on and write a detailed review, unfortunately, but at the end of the day, I really do enjoy my iPhone a lot more than my Blackberry.

Frankly, I do not really miss having it "PING" at me every single time I got a stupid email - I'm at my computer all the time anyway, so I can check my email from there, and when I'm not in the office, I look at the device often enough anyway......

The interface is very nice, better in many ways than Blackberry. Of course the touch screen is fantastic, and as a telephone, it really is a lot better -- it is much easier, smoother, and faster to switch between two phone calls, or your headset, speakerphone, or the device. Plus the call quality is far better than either of my two Blackberries.

One more thing - keep in mind that you cannot do true IM on the iPhone - currently, the iPhone does not support running applications in the background, which means that as soon as the phone goes "idle", it logs you out of any open chat sessions you might have. Kind of a pain, but I only really IM'ed with my girlfriend......since she obviously has a Blackberry, now we just e-mail back and forth instead.

I'd say you should definitely give the iPhone a shot -- you always have 30 days to return it if you do not like it.

Last edited by DrjonesUSA; 11-04-2008 at 05:13 PM..
Old 11-04-2008, 05:11 PM   #49
fiya

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

I ordered mine from the Premier site this morning. The site was running slow, sadly our company didn't get any discounts. $440 for the upgrade.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:14 PM   #50
canvasback13
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

I thought it was fair. I got 100 rebate and an extra $50 off on spot for custumer loyalty and timely bill payments. The extra $50 was a pleasent surprise

Previously 6700/7750/7100t/8700c/8100/9000
Old 11-04-2008, 08:13 PM   #51
Mark s

Model: 8900

It seems that if you extend your contract thru wirefly you get the phone for 199.99. The best deal I've seen for existing customers without an upgrade option.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:32 PM   #52
davids196839

I upgraded through Wirefly for the Bold tonight. I actually got two-one for myself and one for the wife (of course). I think it is a pretty good deal for $199 ea after rebate.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:49 PM   #53
dpoole34

Model: 8100
Carrier: Att

Got mine today at ATT store. 249.00 after rebate.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:51 PM   #54
strogonowski
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Lon View Post
Link? Thanks.
https://us.etrade.com/e/t/mobile_pro
Old 11-05-2008, 07:40 AM   #55
Donbp
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700

Seems like everybody has a different price for this phone. I wonder what that says. My guess is that if you wait a week and have a company discount it will be nearly free from ATT direct. I remember my curves cost $19 each that way a week after they were released.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:13 PM   #56
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good

$ 399
-100 mail in rebate
- 200 in credits to account

I paid the full 399 on my credit card and the discounts will be deducted from my bill. I had to specifically ask for this and I am a long time customer with 4 phones (bb for me and my wife plus 2 phones for the inlaws)and a $300 monthly bill but they did it. $99 net for the bold. New 2 yr contract also.

Arrives next day fedex tomorrow.

Last edited by johnfromphilly; 11-05-2008 at 07:14 PM..
Old 11-05-2008, 07:41 PM   #57
walds11
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 3GS
Carrier: at&t

All I have to say is...Wow!!!

What specifically is the $200 in credits to account?

I have been a long time customer with two lines on my family talk plan. My bill is about $95 monthly. Dang, everytime I call AT&T sales support, they can't do a thing for me. Maybe because my line is not eligible for an upgrade until 11/02/2009 and my wife's line 1/2/2009? Anyway around this without getting wacked with upgrade fees and having to pay full price? Help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfromphilly View Post
$ 399
-100 mail in rebate
- 200 in credits to account

I paid the full 399 on my credit card and the discounts will be deducted from my bill. I had to specifically ask for this and I am a long time customer with 4 phones (bb for me and my wife plus 2 phones for the inlaws)and a $300 monthly bill but they did it. $99 net for the bold. New 2 yr contract also.

Arrives next day fedex tomorrow.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:47 PM   #58
Johnny909
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: Worms
Default Free

BB Bold is FREE at Walmart. $199 mail in rebate.

AT&T Cell Phones

new customer
2 yr contract
+ voice, messaging, and BB data, about $129 month

What a deal
Old 11-05-2008, 08:24 PM   #59
purple_50

PIN: 24360449

I am completely disappointed with the price of this phone, I went to the ATT corporate store last night and they want 470.00 for the thing with the 2 year contract agreement and it has 100 mail in rebate. WAAAAY to steep IMO. Guess i'll wait a few more months and see if the price comes down. Oh well
Old 11-05-2008, 08:26 PM   #60
walds11
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 3GS
Carrier: at&t

Wirelessly posted

Well, I just called AT&T and made some headway. They were able to offer me an early upgrade on my wife's line, which is technically eligible 1/2/2009, so price is 399 less 100 rebate. How in the heck do I get the additional discounts you guys are getting? I have a premier account through my employer, but the rep said that there are no other discounts available. I want more discounts. Any ideas?
Closed Thread