Please Login to Remove!

Awesome RemyJ. Awaiting...
Old 08-26-2007, 04:43 PM   #22
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: ATT
Thumbs up KeePassBB Beta 1 Available for test

Downloads removed...see later posts for latest software.

KeePassBB reads and displays databases created by KeePass for the desktop. You can import the database from a web server, from the device's memory or from an attached SD card. To access the device's memory, you'll need the latest Desktop manager with the Roxio Media Manager.

Config options:
If you prefer, you can elect to always import the external file each time KeePassBB starts.

You can have KeePassBB automatically close when the device is holstered.

You can set a timeout such that if KeePassBB is idle for a period of time, it'll automatically close.

Also, you can configure what happens when you press the esacpe button when you're at the main screen. The app can aither close (in which case you'll be prompted for the password when you re-open it) or the app can go into the background (in which case you'll be able to get back into the app without the password UP TO THE TIMEOUT).

Note: by default KeePass for the Desktop sets key encryption to 6000 roounds. This can take a little time to do on the device. If it's too long for you, lower the number of rounds from the desktop app.

Comments, questions and bugs welcome in this thread.

Remember, this is a Beta.

Last edited by RemyJ; 08-30-2007 at 05:00 PM..
Old 08-27-2007, 08:21 AM   #23
zebo51
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: TAIL ON DONKEY
Carrier: Verizon
Thumbs up Looking good

Here is my feedback so far. For one make the OTA file name all lower case as I actually had to match case on the file name to get it to install. Just a minor thing and actually probably only have to do once.

Installed just fine. Put my DB on my SDcard. Took a few minutes to figure out how to get to the file location. First I didn't see it, all I saw was //store. Then I unplugged the USB cable and then I saw //SDcard too. When browsing for the file, I could never highlight the OK or Cancel buttons. Had to actually hit the enter key to continue. I tried to type the direct path but couldn't either. Finally got to my file though.

Navigation takes some time. It would be nice I think to have the trackball click/push do an expand on folders and also open an entry when one is selected. This would cut down on some clicks. Right now it pulls up a menu option, but I would rather keep the menu pop up used just with the menu button. At least it does default to expand if you are on a folder/category and push the trackball. Once you get down to an entry though, you can't open it using the trackball. You have to hit the enter key from what I see.

Also it seems at this time you can only read, I don't see a way to edit, add, delete, rename etc entries. Maybe this is to come.

Other options seem to work so far, automatically load external DB. Inactivity timeout works, I tested with 60 secs. Close when holstered worked.

But so far I like it and am very thankful.

Edit: I only tested with the SDcard. I don't plan on ever putting it in the device memory and don't yet trust keeping my DB out and accessible on the internet. So for now I live with having a few copies and manually keeping them all in synch.

Last edited by zebo51; 08-27-2007 at 08:23 AM..
Old 08-27-2007, 10:44 AM   #24
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebo51 View Post
Here is my feedback so far. For one make the OTA file name all lower case as I actually had to match case on the file name to get it to install. Just a minor thing and actually probably only have to do once.

Installed just fine. Put my DB on my SDcard. Took a few minutes to figure out how to get to the file location. First I didn't see it, all I saw was //store. Then I unplugged the USB cable and then I saw //SDcard too. When browsing for the file, I could never highlight the OK or Cancel buttons. Had to actually hit the enter key to continue. I tried to type the direct path but couldn't either. Finally got to my file though.

Navigation takes some time. It would be nice I think to have the trackball click/push do an expand on folders and also open an entry when one is selected. This would cut down on some clicks. Right now it pulls up a menu option, but I would rather keep the menu pop up used just with the menu button. At least it does default to expand if you are on a folder/category and push the trackball. Once you get down to an entry though, you can't open it using the trackball. You have to hit the enter key from what I see.

Also it seems at this time you can only read, I don't see a way to edit, add, delete, rename etc entries. Maybe this is to come.

Other options seem to work so far, automatically load external DB. Inactivity timeout works, I tested with 60 secs. Close when holstered worked.

But so far I like it and am very thankful.

Edit: I only tested with the SDcard. I don't plan on ever putting it in the device memory and don't yet trust keeping my DB out and accessible on the internet. So for now I live with having a few copies and manually keeping them all in synch.
Good points all. I noticed the problem opening with the trackball myself last night.

What handheld do you have and what OS version are you using?
Old 08-27-2007, 11:18 AM   #25
naomaru

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

Hi,

I'm Nao, author of KeePass for J2ME. Thank you so much for the great work on BlackBerry. Would you like to integrate the changes into the KeePass for J2ME trunk? If so, when you are ready, please send me diffs and explanation, and I'll merge them to the trunk. Maybe we can do some "#ifdef BLACKBERRY".

Thanks,

Nao (naomaru.itoi at gmail dot com)
Old 08-27-2007, 11:49 AM   #26
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by naomaru View Post
Hi,

I'm Nao, author of KeePass for J2ME. Thank you so much for the great work on BlackBerry. Would you like to integrate the changes into the KeePass for J2ME trunk? If so, when you are ready, please send me diffs and explanation, and I'll merge them to the trunk. Maybe we can do some "#ifdef BLACKBERRY".

Thanks,

Nao (naomaru.itoi at gmail dot com)
Hi Nao. No, thank YOU for the work on the J2ME version. You'll get credit when I finish the documentation on the BlackBerry version.

The Blackberry version uses a significant number of BB specific crypto and UI APIs so I don't think that merging with the J2ME version makes sense. Some of those APIs also require the code to be signed with a certificate from RIM to work on the device. Thanks for the offer but, I've already started the process to get a SourceForce project set up. We should stay in touch though. When the version 2 database format is finalized we're going to have to update and maybe we can share the work.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:46 PM   #27
dennisyuki

Carrier: VRZ
Default Great!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Job Remyj,
I just OTA KP for BB and pulled the db from my SD card. Everything is working great. You did a terrific job. You made KP work on the BB. For someone who is not a programmer what you did was amazing.

I will keep an eye out for updates.

Dennisyuki
Old 08-27-2007, 07:15 PM   #28
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisyuki View Post
Great Job Remyj,
You did a terrific job. You made KP work on the BB. For someone who is not a programmer what you did was amazing.
Dennisyuki
Thanks! Actually, I've been writing code since 1971.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:18 PM   #29
dontask

Model: 8700r
Carrier: T-Mobile

I downloaded and tried to run it on my 8700r and I get the error "Error starting KeePassBB: Class 'javax.microedition.io.file.FileConnection' not found".

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
Old 08-27-2007, 09:26 PM   #30
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontask View Post
I downloaded and tried to run it on my 8700r and I get the error "Error starting KeePassBB: Class 'javax.microedition.io.file.FileConnection' not found".

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
Did you download OTA or did you download the cod and alx files and use the Desktop Manager to install?

Can you give me the exact OS version you're running?
Options>About
Old 08-27-2007, 09:33 PM   #31
dontask

I downloaded the OTA but I also tried the desktop manager and got the same result. The OS version is v4.1.0.346. I just looked and it looks like the latest version is v4.2 so maybe that is the problem?
Old 08-27-2007, 09:47 PM   #32
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Maybe but let me load a simulator with 4.1.0.346 and see what happens.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:47 PM   #33
jjnit

Same notes as zebo51...

I'm running an 8830 OS 4.2.2.66.

I used a relatively large database file and pulled from both http and the sd card successfully!

It's perfect for me the way it is as I wouldn't usually have the need to edit on my BB, but options are always cool!

Thanks!
Old 08-28-2007, 10:17 AM   #34
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontask View Post
I downloaded the OTA but I also tried the desktop manager and got the same result. The OS version is v4.1.0.346. I just looked and it looks like the latest version is v4.2 so maybe that is the problem?
Well, it appears that the ability to read the file system didn't appear until 4.2 and I don't really have a work-around for it. So I think your only option is to upgrade if you want to use KeePassBB. I'll add the restriction to the documentation.

Sorry.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:45 AM   #35
dontask

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyJ View Post
Well, it appears that the ability to read the file system didn't appear until 4.2 and I don't really have a work-around for it. So I think your only option is to upgrade if you want to use KeePassBB. I'll add the restriction to the documentation.

Sorry.
No problem, thanks for checking for me. I'll have to see if I can get it upgraded.

Thanks!
Old 08-28-2007, 07:20 PM   #36
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Default KeePassBB Beta 2 now available for test

KeePassBB Beta 2
* Changed file browser to be a dialog box instead of a full screen display
* Added option to auto-expand password groups when opening the app
* Added option to open password entries with a single click
* Added option to expand/collapse groups with a single click
* Fixed missing context menu item for opening password entries
* Added note to documentation regarding the need for a minimum OS of 4.2

SourceForge.net: KeePass for BlackBerry
SourceForge.net: OTA

Last edited by RemyJ; 08-30-2007 at 05:01 PM..
Old 08-30-2007, 03:42 PM   #37
zebo51

Quote:
Good points all. I noticed the problem opening with the trackball myself last night.

What handheld do you have and what OS version are you using?
8830 as it shows over on the left , and running 4.2.2.123(240).

Getting ready to grab the beta 2.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:02 PM   #38
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
8830 as it shows over on the left , and running 4.2.2.123(240).

Getting ready to grab the beta 2.
I didn't fix the upper/lower case issue on the files for Beta 2, sorry. It's fixed for Beta 3 though
Old 08-30-2007, 04:28 PM   #39
zebo51

Quote:
KeePassBB Beta 2
* Changed file browser to be a dialog box instead of a full screen display
* Added option to auto-expand password groups when opening the app
* Added option to open password entries with a single click
* Added option to expand/collapse groups with a single click
* Fixed missing context menu item for opening password entries
* Added note to documentation regarding the need for a minimum OS of 4.2

SourceForge.net: KeePass for BlackBerry
OTA
Whenever I try the OTA, I get java.IOException: ..... KeePassBB.cod - Not found.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:36 PM   #40
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Whenever I try the OTA, I get java.IOException: ..... KeePassBB.cod - Not found.
Jeez, I could swear I tested it, but you're right.
Fixed now.
You'll probably have to clear your cache to get the corredtec jad file
Closed Thread