Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 09:01 PM   #21
thaKing
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t

Please Login to Remove!

for everyone concerned about registering for sites, the reason this is done is so that the site can go to advertisers and say "look, we've had xxx members join this month alone" and they might make more money that way...not too big a deal really...
Old 11-13-2007, 09:17 PM   #22
Spencer_CDS

Model: 8800
PIN: 23F25F08
Carrier: AT&T Mobility

Can't wait to get those theme files. :D

4.2.1.108 / 2.3.0.85
Old 11-13-2007, 09:24 PM   #23
JRSCCivic98
No longer Registered.

Model: 8830
Carrier: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.a.t. View Post
The network thing isn't a bug. I removed it and the carrier from the banner on purpose. It was clutter IMO. I removed the tx/rach arrow from showing up too.

In regards to the cut off... I'm convinced it's a plazmic thing. If you make a custom dialog background it cuts it off. Even pay for themes with custom dialog backgrounds I've seen have the same cut off in the symbols menu. As a test I took the original dialog and menu background links and and just made them darker. Loaded the edited (darker) ones and bam the symbols menu is cut off. The images themselves we're the exact same just a darker shade. The good thing is that it doesn't actually block you from accessing any symbols. If anyone knows a fix to this bug please let me know. The only fix I could find was to use the original backgrounds.
OK, no offense, but how am I supposed to know what the status of my network conneciton is (without having to go to manage connections). I could care less for carrier banner, but the network mode would be nice to have. Not only that, but if you took out the RX/TX activity icons that limits my ability to diagnose issues with apps that use DATA to pull info. Sometimes apps just hang on requests for data and if I don't see any TX/RX I now I should just restart them. With this gone, how is one going to do this?

As for your SYM screen issues, Steven from Themes4bb.com has fixed those issues many times when he has them on his themes that I have helped him test. Get with him and see if he can help you. Good luck.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:25 PM   #24
slmoney
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMobile

LOL...sure..I can fix anything..LOL...but you have to register at my website. LOL...
Old 11-13-2007, 11:44 PM   #25
m.a.t.
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98 View Post
OK, no offense, but how am I supposed to know what the status of my network conneciton is (without having to go to manage connections). I could care less for carrier banner, but the network mode would be nice to have. Not only that, but if you took out the RX/TX activity icons that limits my ability to diagnose issues with apps that use DATA to pull info. Sometimes apps just hang on requests for data and if I don't see any TX/RX I now I should just restart them. With this gone, how is one going to do this?

As for your SYM screen issues, Steven from Themes4bb.com has fixed those issues many times when he has them on his themes that I have helped him test. Get with him and see if he can help you. Good luck.
I'm on att and only have the edge network so it wasn't an issue for me. I didn't take out the send receive just the smaller rach/tx one which I don't really ever see and don't even know what does. As for the backgrounds I don't know what's up with that. I'll touch base and see his suggestions. It's strange that a file that is exactly the same in every aspect except color causes the cut off so I'm interested in a solution.

My install of plazmic might be messed up though. It does some weird stuff that I'm now realizing isn't normal... for instance if I change the font size for am/pm in the clock it will change on the simulator but not on my curve once I load it...
Old 11-13-2007, 11:47 PM   #26
m.a.t.
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmoney View Post
LOL...sure..I can fix anything..LOL...but you have to register at my website. LOL...
I'm registered there the first day I got my curve a few months ago. Actually more than once because I had forgot my password and the reset password link was down at the time. But really if you have any insight to the background issue please pm me. I appreciate it.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:48 PM   #27
m.a.t.
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer_CDS View Post
Can't wait to get those theme files. :D
The theme files are posted now over at blueroomsolution!
Old 11-14-2007, 12:12 AM   #28
m.a.t.
Thumbs Must Hurt

I'd also like to say that if anyone makes improvements to the themes I put out that they feel really betters the theme please let me know and we'll post it in the main download links and give you credit for you changes. Can you imagine what great themes the BB community could have floating around for free if we shared our work this way.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:56 AM   #29
JRSCCivic98
No longer Registered.

Carrier: *

Quote:
I'm on att and only have the edge network so it wasn't an issue for me.
You don't get it. If you're on EDGE, how do you know you're truly on the EDGE network or even if you have full GPRS rather then gprs? Do you understand now. It's not about getting an indication on what carrier network you have, but rather if you have "full speed data" or even "data" at all. For instance, for Verizion the modes are 1x, 1xev, 1XEV. Just like for you, if should be gprs, GPRS, and maybe EDGE. (not sure about that last one).
Old 11-14-2007, 11:25 AM   #30
m.a.t.
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98 View Post
You don't get it. If you're on EDGE, how do you know you're truly on the EDGE network or even if you have full GPRS rather then gprs? Do you understand now. It's not about getting an indication on what carrier network you have, but rather if you have "full speed data" or even "data" at all. For instance, for Verizion the modes are 1x, 1xev, 1XEV. Just like for you, if should be gprs, GPRS, and maybe EDGE. (not sure about that last one).
Yes I see what you mean now. Though I've never seen my phone go to anything other than "EDGE" I'm sure not everyone is that lucky or those who travel a lot might find it annoying. Really for me I like it not being there. I've never had to troubleshoot anything related to my data speeds or network etc... and I like not having "EDGE" cluttering up the banner. Another reason I removed it was to try and free up space for the WiFi indicator becasue I have no idea where that goes as plazmic doesn't have options for it and I don't have an 8320.

It's for reasons like this that I've posted the theme files so that you can change the theme to meet your needs if you like. I want people to have nice themes that work the way they want them to for free. I think the effort I put into making the themes I have and posting the files for others to edit and use as they like achives that goal.

Last edited by m.a.t.; 11-14-2007 at 11:39 AM..
Old 11-14-2007, 11:35 AM   #31
AnthroMatt
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: 268B3F92

Still loving the theme. I don't really miss the data indicators too much. If I tethered my BB as a modem though, it would probably drive me nuts.

I live in a poor coverage area so I am in and out of data coverage all the time. I can't edit the themes since the programs needed to do so are Windows only (I think), so if there comes a time when I need to see the 1X/1XEV for an extended period of time, I figure I will just temporarily switch to the regular zen theme.

I appreciate the time you take making the themes...back when I was running windows I tried my hand at a few and they...well, they sucked lol.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:28 PM   #32
Devonnor

Carrier: Sprint
Thumbs up

Quote:
Here's another free theme. I call it iLike because it's Mac like and I like it. It's loosely based off of OS X Leopard with Leopard themed wallpaper, icons, dialogs, and dock as the banner. But it still has an overall blackberry feel to it. This theme was designed for the Curve or devices running 4.2.2. If you like the screen shots you can download it here at blueroomsolution.com.

Screen Shots

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...k/ilikezen.png

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c.../ilikehome.png

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...ikedialogs.png

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...activecall.png

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...keincoming.png

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...eresources.png

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...stack/lock.png
This hast to be the BEST theme to date! I have an 8830 World Phone and it crisp, clean and SMOOTH! A MUST HAVE!
Old 11-14-2007, 12:46 PM   #33
m.a.t.
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthroMatt View Post
Still loving the theme. I don't really miss the data indicators too much. If I tethered my BB as a modem though, it would probably drive me nuts.

I live in a poor coverage area so I am in and out of data coverage all the time. I can't edit the themes since the programs needed to do so are Windows only (I think), so if there comes a time when I need to see the 1X/1XEV for an extended period of time, I figure I will just temporarily switch to the regular zen theme.

I appreciate the time you take making the themes...back when I was running windows I tried my hand at a few and they...well, they sucked lol.
Thanks for the comments! You raise a good point about tethering and the Mac crowd not having Plazmic (and this is a Mac theme). Those facts along with the suggestions/points from JRSCCivic98 has me decide to to make a version that has the network indicator. I'll be placing it where the date is now probably and move the date somewhere else. I 'm going to make this an additional version and won't be taking down the existing one as I think there might be other minimalists out there like myself who don't need the network indicator.

Last edited by m.a.t.; 11-14-2007 at 12:48 PM..
Old 11-14-2007, 12:49 PM   #34
m.a.t.
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonnor View Post
This hast to be the BEST theme to date! I have an 8830 World Phone and it crisp, clean and SMOOTH! A MUST HAVE!
I'm very glad to hear that your liking the theme my friend. Thanks for the comment!
Old 11-15-2007, 12:28 AM   #35
m.a.t.
Thumbs Must Hurt

I just posted a version of this theme that includes the NTWK indicator. Here's a screen shot.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:31 AM   #36
dts5.1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Nice..I like it! Great work bro!
Old 11-15-2007, 09:43 AM   #37
AnthroMatt
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: 268B3F92

Quote:
I just posted a version of this theme that includes the NTWK indicator. Here's a screen shot.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...-with-ntwk.png
Very nice. Switched over to this version this morning. It's nice to have the network indication, and your chosen font makes it much less obtrusive than many themes, so it can be there without seeming to take over the home screen.

Thanks!
Old 11-15-2007, 10:04 AM   #38
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

I do like that theme MAT, good work!
Old 11-15-2007, 03:05 PM   #39
gameboy213

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

The OTA link doesn't have the theme WITH the Network ID... can you set that up?
Old 11-15-2007, 03:20 PM   #40
m.a.t.
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy213 View Post
The OTA link doesn't have the theme WITH the Network ID... can you set that up?

Yeah sorry bout that. It's up now.
Closed Thread