Old 08-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
nalare

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: orange
Question problem with 8520-hangs on during"Waiting for device initialization"

Please Login to Remove!

Hi to everybody

First of all, sorry for my English. i´d like to thanks as well all the administrators, moderators&contributors in this forum, the level is pretty good in every aspect (design, filters, etc..). It´s quite easy to look for an answer, but I still haven´t found a clue for my problem.(sex or phone related)

I´ve got a BB curve 8520 from the spanish orange provider. The device hangs on during boot with the blackberry logo on screen and a progress bar that always stucks at 2/3.

When I try to apply the "How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked or Bricked BlackBerry" solution (from what I´ve readen is what I should do) the procedure always hangs on the same step.
My desktop and apps are in spanish but is the second step of the apploader, while I can read "connecting again with JVM" / Waiting for device initialization, and after a few seconds/minutes another textbox appears saying that "App loader can´t connect to the device. Connect the device again with the computer etc...", and it doesnt matter what I do next, there is no way of going on with the procedure (If I plug the battery, it starts the reboot hang problem again; if I plug/unplug the device without battery the PC doesnt recognize it and in the phone screen appears a crossed battery logo indicating there is no battery, etc...)

A few more details:

- Using windows 7 64bits or windows XP (the last one inside a virtual machine)
- Using Blackberry desktop software 6.1 and blackberry device software v5.0.0 for the smartphone 8520
- Using the blackberry without sim card or SD card
- While app loader seems to recognize the phone (until the step where it hangs on), Blackberry Desktop Software only recognizes the phone in its first screen, the summary / resume)

If somebody can tell me something about this, I´ll be very gratefull

thanks
Old 08-27-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
devnull
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: problem with 8520-hangs on during"Waiting for device initialization"

Try a different USB cable.

Try a different PC.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
nalare

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: orange
Default Re: problem with 8520-hangs on during"Waiting for device initialization"

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Try a different USB cable.

Try a different PC.
thanks for your answer

i´ve tried it in 3 different PCs. In one of them I even used older versions of desktop software and device software, but the end is the same, it always stops in the 2nd phase of the app loader, when it tries to re-initialize the device.

But I havent tested this procedure with another usb cable cause I only got one, Ill see what I can do about it

thanks for your help
Closed Thread