Old 05-29-2011, 07:28 PM   #1
bbtuner

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default 8520 help moving pics from device to memory card

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Everyone,

I hope this is not a repeat question, I did my best to check with the search to see if this problem has been adressed, if it has please direct me to it. If not here goes.

I just installed a new 8gig Sandisk SDHC card in my phone. I have about 8 or 10 photos that are on the device storage. Before I bought the memory card I tried to download the pics to my pc and was unable too. Once I installed the memory card and took some pics I was able to download the pics(Not Device) with no problem.I am still unable to access the device pics. I have tried to move them from device to memory card but I can't seem to figure it out , I see where it says move and up but I'm not getting it . Any help would be great Thanks

bbtuner
Old 06-09-2011, 06:47 AM   #2
JavaBratt
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Re: 8520 help moving pics from device to memory card

I'm not sure if there's another way or if you have resolved this, but this is how I do it.

Open your pictures folder, hover over the pic you want to move and press the menu button. Select move, press the menu button again and select explore. This will show the device and the media card. Select the media card then the Blackberry folder and then the pictures folder. This works great for moving one or two pictures.

As far as moving the device pics to the media card if you have quite a few of them, this is how I go about doing that as well...

First, go to Options>Memory and make sure you have the following settings; Compression enabled, Media Card Support on, Media Transfer Protocol on, Mass Storage Mode Support on and the Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected is set to prompt.

This will allow you to view either your media card or your device media when plugged into your PC. Once you plug in your device you will get a pop up window on your device that asks if you want to enable Mass Storage Mode. Selecting yes will then pop up a window on your PC that asks if you want to view the files. Selecting yes here will show you only those files on your media card. If you plug in your device and select no to enabling Mass Storage Mode you should get the same pop up on your PC, however, the files you view will be from the device memory.

So plug your device into your PC and when asked if you want to enable mass storage mode, select no. In the box that pops up on your PC, select view files. This will open your device memory. Go to your pictures folder, select all and either right click and select copy or cut (copy if you're not sure and don't want to lose them, cut if you're comfortable in performing these steps). Once you have done that, unplug your device and plug it in again. At the prompt to enable Mass Storage Mode select yes. Go to the Blackberry folder, then pictures and open it, then right click and select paste.

Hope this helps!
Old 07-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #3
bbtuner

Model: 8520
Carrier: Rogers

Thanks very much
Old 07-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #4
JavaBratt
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtuner View Post
Thanks very much
You're welcome
Old 07-06-2011, 01:46 PM   #5
AmyF

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMobile

Go to Pictures folder - press track ball to select
Scroll down to Picture Folders - press track ball to select
Scroll down to Device Memory - press track ball to select
- - -you will see pictures in the device memory
- - -click button to the left of the track ball - this brings up a drop menu
- - - Scroll down to Move - click track ball to select
- - - You will see a folder named Up - click track ball to select it
- - - Scroll to file you want the picture moved to - -then click track ball to select
- - -your file will be moved there. I think you have to do one at a time, but since you only have a few on the device it shouldn't take long.
Closed Thread