BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 04:12 AM   #1
markanthony

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodacom
Default BESX Email icon help (Theme creation)

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

I do hope someone can help me. I have a Curve 8520 with OS 5.0.0.592. I am busy starting out with theme creation, but have hit a snag. My Curve 8520 is connected to Blackberry Enterprise Server Express for Exchange email, so my email icon is the default envelope with the briefcase, but no matter what theme I create, I cannot get that icon to customise!!!! In other words, I can change all other icons, but the email icon stays the default Blackberry white outline. Does anyone have ANY idea how I can get that icon customised? Any suggestions/help/tips would be immensely appreciated as it does look a bit odd with nice full color icons and then one default icon.

Thanking you in anticipation,

Mark de Wet.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:38 AM   #2
devnull
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t
Default re: BESX Email icon help (Theme creation)

Did you know there is a whole section of these forums dedicated to theme creation? Give it a look over. You might find what your looking for there.

BlackBerry Themes - BlackBerry Forums Support Community
Old 07-29-2011, 07:41 AM   #3
markanthony

Default Re: BESX Email icon help (Theme creation)

[QUOTE=devnull;1735127]Did you know there is a whole section of these forums dedicated to theme creation? Give it a look over. You might find what your looking for there.

Hi devnull,
Yes I DID know about the themes section, thank you, I HAVE looked there, quite extensively I might add, and did not find anything. I know that my post has the word "theme" in it, but as the BESX Mail icon is an integral part of the Blackberry software, I thought there might be a hack to change or customse it.
I apologise for posting in the incorrect forum and for wasting everyone's time.
Regards,
Mark de Wet
Old 09-05-2011, 02:38 AM   #4
markanthony

Default Re: BESX Email icon help (Theme creation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markanthony View Post
Hi all,

I do hope someone can help me. I have a Curve 8520 with OS 5.0.0.592. I am busy starting out with theme creation, but have hit a snag. My Curve 8520 is connected to Blackberry Enterprise Server Express for Exchange email, so my email icon is the default envelope with the briefcase, but no matter what theme I create, I cannot get that icon to customise!!!! In other words, I can change all other icons, but the email icon stays the default Blackberry white outline. Does anyone have ANY idea how I can get that icon customised? Any suggestions/help/tips would be immensely appreciated as it does look a bit odd with nice full color icons and then one default icon.

Thanking you in anticipation,

Mark de Wet.
Hi all,

seems I have resolved the above issue, quite easlity I might add. I have finally found the full version (not BETA) of Theme Studio 6, and when I went to use it I found that this version had the ability to change the BESX mail icon I have had so much trouble with!!!! So if you looking to change it, its an option on Theme builder 6, the full version.

Regards,
Mark de Wet
Closed Thread