BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
RandyMcNally

Model: Torch
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default 'Invalid Sim' even though i have unlocked blackberry!

Please Login to Remove!

I have an unlocked Blackberry Torch originally from the U.K, i got it unlocked specifically because i'll be out in the U.S.A for 9 months, when i put in my AT&T sim card , i get an 'Invalid SIM' error message and 'SOS' on the signal bar! although when im looking at the mobile network option, it says my provder is AT&T? occasionally when i flip between 2 and 3G the signal bars will appear for a few seconds then go back to SOS!! can anyone help me?
Old 06-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: 'Invalid Sim' even though i have unlocked blackberry!

Go to the FAQ sectionat the top of the Forum and read the "how to check to see if the BB is unlocked"

edit; 3:26pm eastern

the FAQ site is down at the moment but you need to verify the BB is really unlocked.

Last edited by tsac; 06-16-2012 at 02:25 PM..
Old 07-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
bngbng

Model: 9700
Carrier: Turkcell

Mine has the same problem. My bb is from Turkey, it works in here with my original sim card but its too expensive. I bought a sim card from AT&T and a go phone. The sim card works fine in the go phone but i wanted to use it in my bb. When i insert the sim card first it asked me the mep code and i checked whether my phone is locked or not, it is not locked. I found the code and enter it, now it says invalid sim card. I am confused. What should i do?
Old 09-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #4
TJSPJS

Model: 9810
Carrier: O2

Did you get a solution to your problem? I just moved to Ireland from the UK. My UK O2 SIM works fine in my phone, but when I put my new Tesco Mobile SIM into my 9810, then it shows INSERT SIM CARD. I've done a security wipe and memory cleaning, but to no avail.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSPJS View Post
Did you get a solution to your problem? I just moved to Ireland from the UK. My UK O2 SIM works fine in my phone, but when I put my new Tesco Mobile SIM into my 9810, then it shows INSERT SIM CARD. I've done a security wipe and memory cleaning, but to no avail.
Stop bumping old threads.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #6
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
Please do not ask the same question in multiple threads, especially old ones.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 09-30-2012, 06:18 PM   #7
TJSPJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Please do not ask the same question in multiple threads, especially old ones.
I'm new to this forum (as you would have noticed), hence me asking the same question to multiple threads as none of the threads I've read (and I've been doing this for a few days) had a solution, but I figured that maybe, just maybe the person who posted the question did manage to sort out their phone. I was also not aware that in asking a question on an old thread that that thread would jump to the top of the thread list ... I figured that the people in the thread would be the only people alerted to my question.

I noticed that the comment you posted on my question was also posted on numerous other threads, by you. So it wasn't a surprise to see it here. If the people within the thread have a problem with my QUESTION, then I'd rather they raise their opinions, rather than the self appointed THREAD POLICE.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #8
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
I'm new to this forum (as you would have noticed), hence me asking the same question to multiple threads as none of the threads I've read (and I've been doing this for a few days) had a solution, but I figured that maybe, just maybe the person who posted the question did manage to sort out their phone. I was also not aware that in asking a question on an old thread that that thread would jump to the top of the thread list ... I figured that the people in the thread would be the only people alerted to my question.

I noticed that the comment you posted on my question was also posted on numerous other threads, by you. So it wasn't a surprise to see it here. If the people within the thread have a problem with my QUESTION, then I'd rather they raise their opinions, rather than the self appointed THREAD POLICE.
This forum works no different from others, and bumping old threads is always improper forum etiquette, hence why you received our comments about your post.

Acquiescence to proper forum behaviour is your best plan.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #9
TJSPJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
This forum works no different from others, and bumping old threads is always improper forum etiquette, hence why you received our comments about your post.

Acquiescence to proper forum behaviour is your best plan.
Please, I'd rather you not comment on my questions unless you have a solution. You might know the ins and outs of forum behaviour as you seem to do nothing else than posting on them, but you have a thing or two to learn about etiquette and common courtesy.

If it was "illegal" to post on old threads, then they should have been set to an appropriate status to prevent further posting.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:36 PM   #10
TJSPJS

b.t.w. The thread might be old, but the problem still exists. I'm better off leaving this forum and joining another where the focus is on the issue at hand, not a person's character, language, typing skills, or knowledge.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:41 AM   #11
yegane

Model: 9300
Carrier: 3

Better buy unlocked BB and try with your SIM provider, its cheaper than you buy locked BB in expensive cell operator plan
Closed Thread