Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
LeonardIngle

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Default 8900 issue since OS V5.0.0.681 update

Please Login to Remove!

I updated my Blackberry 8900 to the new v5.0.0.681 OS today, and it updated fine no problems whatsoever. all my contacts, apps, messages etc. were all still their. But i have noticed that after a few times i have needed to reboot the BB to complete an update of an app, that when i return to the main screen of the BB everything is a okay....BUT when i press the BB button and get to the main screen where all the apps and folders are, the background is absolutely white....n i mean white almost impossible to see anything other than the icons., words cannot be seen, and this follows for screen opened if selected from the main area, for example the downloads folder, again brilliant white.....whereas my home screen or the screen you first see when you turn your BB on is showing the Wallpaper i selected. (using miPhone 3g theme)

Another weird little thing about it is if i select a stand RIM theme, it works perfect. and when i go back and select the miPhone 3g theme, it works, but i uses the standard RIM theme wallpaper for all the screens other than the main screen, which still has the Wallpaper i chose.

NOTE: this only really happens after a reboot of the BB is needed for a app update to complete, i am yet to have this happen just on a normal turn off and turn on.

Help please because it is annoying now.

Thanks Leonard.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:31 AM   #2
hjacker
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9930
Carrier: MTS Ukraine

+1 here. But it started a bit sooner for me. Furthermore, menu background fails only in some themes and doesn't in other.
Closed Thread