Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 09:40 AM   #1
n8dogg

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Default my blackberry 8900 stopped working

Please Login to Remove!

Hi there i am a nembie to this site so i will try and descibe as much as i can.

My blackberry 8900 has stopped working when i plug it in to the wall charger the red light comes on and it shows a white screen with a battery in the middle with a lightning strike, after several hours charging i turn it on and nothing happen all i get is the red light on.

I have tried a new battery and i get the same response red light on but no one is home.

when i connect to a pc ( the main usb port) it says it is installed and it bleeps to say it is connected and then about 30seconds later it bleeps to say its disconnected and then another 30 seconds and it bleeps to say it is connected and so on and so on.

i have downloaded the most recent bb manager and software for my device and when i connect to the desktop manager it says can not connect so i click retry when the red light is on and it says connected but no pin number shows up. when i try to install os on the device it goes through but when it comes to startup section it says cannot connect to device and it doesnt matter how many times i retry it still says the same.

Now i have been reading these forums all morning and i have tried wiping the handset using jl_cmder but when i try to wipe it it keeps coming up with can not open a port

So i am stuck what to do really i have read on here about people that have got there bb to work again and i really need my bb as it is my life lol

PLEASE PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP
Old 07-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
danushsh

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: orange
Unhappy cannot open my blackberry 8900

hi, i have the same problem with my blackberry 8900, i cannot open the telephone and i don`t know what should i do. if somebody know, PLEASE, RESPOND ME. thank you
Old 07-26-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Moved to 8900 section.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 07-26-2010, 12:04 PM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danushsh View Post
hi, i have the same problem with my blackberry 8900, i cannot open the telephone and i don`t know what should i do. if somebody know, PLEASE, RESPOND ME. thank you
Danushsh, it is considered bad forum manners to hijack another's thread, especially when you have a different problem.

Please start a new thread and provide as much information as possible.

And remember, the first step in trouble shooting is a battery pull. Have you tried that?

The second step is using the SEARCH feature. Did you try that?

-->>Twitter

Old 07-26-2010, 12:07 PM   #5
Dubdub
Appleinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8dogg View Post
Hi there i am a nembie to this site so i will try and descibe as much as i can.

My blackberry 8900 has stopped working when i plug it in to the wall charger the red light comes on and it shows a white screen with a battery in the middle with a lightning strike, after several hours charging i turn it on and nothing happen all i get is the red light on.

I have tried a new battery and i get the same response red light on but no one is home.

when i connect to a pc ( the main usb port) it says it is installed and it bleeps to say it is connected and then about 30seconds later it bleeps to say its disconnected and then another 30 seconds and it bleeps to say it is connected and so on and so on.

i have downloaded the most recent bb manager and software for my device and when i connect to the desktop manager it says can not connect so i click retry when the red light is on and it says connected but no pin number shows up. when i try to install os on the device it goes through but when it comes to startup section it says cannot connect to device and it doesnt matter how many times i retry it still says the same.

Now i have been reading these forums all morning and i have tried wiping the handset using jl_cmder but when i try to wipe it it keeps coming up with can not open a port

So i am stuck what to do really i have read on here about people that have got there bb to work again and i really need my bb as it is my life lol

PLEASE PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP
Can we assume that you have tried a battery pull - with the device on, did you pull the battery, left it out for 30-60 seconds and then reinserted and let the device try to reboot?

Is there an error code displayed on the white screen?

Did you try to use the apploader to install the new OS? Did you follow the instructions in the yellow sticky in the 8900 section on how to reload the OS? And was it an OS for your specific device? Did you delete the vendor.xml file?

-->>Twitter

Closed Thread