BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #1
Ivangl

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Megafon
Talking Blackberry 8900 Curve T-Mobile unlock, must read!!

Please Login to Remove!

Hey, my friends. How r u doin'? Just bought a Blackberry 8900 Curve T-Mobile on Ebay. Need to know How can I unblock it? How can i use it with Russian operator's like MTS, BeeLine, Megafon. Phone still on the way, but I think a week later will come. I do not want to pay money for it, I want to know technology. Anyone who can help me, I handed a bottle of excellent Russian vodka!
Old 08-22-2010, 11:00 AM   #2
somerandomguy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: tmo

This forum has a few deals with code providers, but you wont be able to do it for free on this phone unless you know somebody who can provide codes and they are willing to do it for free.

There is no software only solution; sorry. the security on these devices is still very, very good.

You can call your carrier up and ask them for an unlock code; that's what i do. so long as i dont request them more than 2x a year, they are fine with sending me codes.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:39 AM   #3
Ivangl

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Megafon

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerandomguy View Post
This forum has a few deals with code providers, but you wont be able to do it for free on this phone unless you know somebody who can provide codes and they are willing to do it for free.

There is no software only solution; sorry. the security on these devices is still very, very good.

You can call your carrier up and ask them for an unlock code; that's what i do. so long as i dont request them more than 2x a year, they are fine with sending me codes.
Thanx for your response! And I thought that these guys, that offers its services to unlock phones. Use the program to generate codes. But as I understand from your words, the code can only provide the carrier. I do not begrudge the money, but these things I always do myself.
Russian service providers will not be able to help me. These smart phones are not popular here in Russia. Well need to buy the code.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
somerandomguy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: tmo

I don't know how they generate their codes; it may be possible that they use a program or a hardware unlocker or other service. I don't know for sure.

All i know is that a software/FMI unlock - changing the baseband firmware on the phone its self is not possible with the tools that are out there now.

The codes are not super expensive; i think they can be had for about $10 or so... possibly cheaper on ebay.

And that's too bad about your carrier.

best of luck.