Old 06-28-2010, 03:29 AM   #1
parabox

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Default White Screen

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all

This morning the screen on my blackberry only shows white. I have tried to update the software and tried the usual take the battery out etc etc. The phone seems to be on as my calender etc will sync.

Has anyone managed to fix this problem before?
Old 08-25-2010, 04:11 PM   #2
Luke

Carrier: 02

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabox View Post
Hi all

This morning the screen on my blackberry only shows white. I have tried to update the software and tried the usual take the battery out etc etc. The phone seems to be on as my calender etc will sync.

I also have this problem, it’s very frustrating and I'm lost without my phone!

Heres my story:
I bought a blackberry curve 8900 from new; I dropped it and broke the LCD screen. I bought and fitted a LCD replacement screen which I bought off ebay. It was all working fine for some time and then after roughly 2-3weeks I got the phone out of my pocket and it was just a white screen. I don’t recall dropping it or anything so was shocked to why the screen was white when I believed to have done nothing to prevent it.

To try to fix this white screen error I have updated the OS software and used the JL_Cmder program to do a phone system reset and wipe all data. I have also taken the phone apart and put insulation tape over what I believe to be the 4 solder points.

I believe the phone does still work for receiving calls and all that but I can’t see or use it because all I can see is a white screen.

If any of you have any suggestions or ideas for ways to fix this fault I would be very grateful!

Thanks in advance,
Luke
Old 08-25-2010, 05:00 PM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I also have this problem, itxxx8217;s very frustrating and I'm lost without my phone!

Heres my story:
I bought a blackberry curve 8900 from new; I dropped it and broke the LCD screen. I bought and fitted a LCD replacement screen which I bought off ebay. It was all working fine for some time and then after roughly 2-3weeks I got the phone out of my pocket and it was just a white screen. I donxxx8217;t recall dropping it or anything so was shocked to why the screen was white when I believed to have done nothing to prevent it.

To try to fix this white screen error I have updated the OS software and used the JL_Cmder program to do a phone system reset and wipe all data. I have also taken the phone apart and put insulation tape over what I believe to be the 4 solder points.

I believe the phone does still work for receiving calls and all that but I canxxx8217;t see or use it because all I can see is a white screen.

If any of you have any suggestions or ideas for ways to fix this fault I would be very grateful!

Thanks in advance,
Luke
Luke, it is considered bad manners to hijack another's thread, pus it is extremely difficult to follow and get a response if there are two different posters and two different problems.

Try posting in a separate thread.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 08-25-2010, 05:02 PM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabox View Post
Hi all

Is there an error code on the screen such as JVM 523 or JVM 507?

What did you do just before the white screen appeared?

Has the device been dropped or gotten wet?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 08-26-2010, 02:50 AM   #5
Luke

Carrier: 02

Sorry Dubdub and Parabox I will start my own thread.

It just that some sites I go on when I start my own thread they direct me to forums which are similar to what I have posted. So I thought seeing as Parabox had a similar problem to myself we may both get an answer by one person.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:35 PM   #6
beekeeper
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: N/A
Carrier: 3

parabox

You will almost certainly find that your screen needs replacing if it is white and not showing any information at all.

You may be lucky and find a bad connection where the screen connector plugs in to the back of the motherboard but i very much doubt it as they generally are a tight fit.

BK
Closed Thread