Old 07-26-2010, 06:34 AM   #1
mm.uday

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Steady Red Light BB Reboots

Please Login to Remove!

Steady Red Light BB Reboots

Now to explain my situation.. I was fiddling with the settings of the BB.. Saw the clean thingy in the BB.. Thought would do that so changed the setting from off to on and allowed it to do it when the device locked and I was just going to go ahead and Sleep then.. Note my bb's battery was low so had plugged it to the wall charger all the time. It did not die.. I started charging it when it was 5%..And I had also activated the Bedside mode on it..

Now after some 30 to 40 mins I tried to check the phone as could not sleep When i did that the phone was showing the hour glass with a white background just like it does when you turn on the phone after a battery pull.. Now I thought I would give it some time. But after 10 min it was still there the hourglass (the clock like thingy which moves its arms quickly) Now i got frustrated and tried to switch it off and then did a battery pull.. Since then its not turning on.. 1 or 2 times after a lot of trials it showed Blackberry TM written on the background with the hourglass still there but to my faliure it does not boot up. It shows the hourglass for about 10 mins then the long red light and then the phone goes dead then again after a min or so it turns on automatically and then tried to reboot or whatever and the same process goes on and on and on..

I use a 8900 hv tried the battery pull for 30 secs and 1 min

Please Help
Old 07-26-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
somerandomguy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: tmo

your device is bricked.

you'll need to wipe it and reinstall your OS - unless you made / make backups, all information on your phone will be lost. i recommend the new .882 release; its got amazing battery life.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

It isn't bricked if you can get it running again.

To wipe the device, see the two articles at blackberryfaq.com on using JL_CMDER. Use that to wipe the device to 507 error. Then reinstall the OS.

Get the OS (the device software) from your carrier, or see the sticky "latest OS" thread at the top of the forum for your model blackberry.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 07-26-2010, 05:36 PM   #4
somerandomguy
CrackBerry Addict

Meh. Semantics. Hard brick and soft brick are different but they both mean the same thing... a brick of electronics that wont do anything useful...except act as a brick.

he's got a soft brick, but a brick nonetheless.

and @ mm.uday, aiharkness is right. jsut use JL_CMDR or BBSAK to wipe your device. Use Google or search these forums for more info.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:24 PM   #5
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

Wow.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:29 PM   #6
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

hard brick and soft brick????? okaaaay
Old 07-26-2010, 08:04 PM   #7
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

You haven't heard of a soft brick before?
Wow.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:06 PM   #8
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

We don't have soft bricks in Florida that I know of. Is that something new in California?
Old 07-26-2010, 08:26 PM   #9
mm.uday

Default Thanks for the info

Thanks for the prompt replies and and thanks for the suggestions I have downloaded the JL_Cmder and am trying to do magic with the softwae.. However I have terrible time running the software but i will try my best to use the forum info.. Question.. Will this erase everything i.e. will i be able to use another carrier after i do this... As installing a new OS altogether means something.. if i wont that would not be a problem though just confirming with the bosses....

Thanks and Regards
Uday
Old 07-26-2010, 08:42 PM   #10
mm.uday

I just wanted to know guys that the JL_Cmder software that i use.. does everything that i see in the screen shot but the blackberry does not show any detail other than the no battery sign.. :( i.e. no Error 507... Secondly this thing does not connect at all and i tried to do it approx 15 to 20 times but this does not connect at all...after the red connecting signal it goes back to the main screen.. I am following the article fully dudes..Please advise.

Thanks and Regards
Old 07-26-2010, 09:36 PM   #11
mm.uday

Default Thanks It worked

Thanks It worked

I tried to do the one that was to be done if the j_cmder did not work...

Thanks and it was a lot of help
Old 07-26-2010, 09:38 PM   #12
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Excellent.

And welcome to the group!
Old 07-27-2010, 11:04 AM   #13
somerandomguy
CrackBerry Addict

Good to hear you got it working
Old 08-05-2010, 01:47 PM   #14
ahpitre
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT&T

I had the same issue, but JL Commander did not work. I connected the BB to my computer, rand Desktop Manager (5.0), used the options to update my device, selected the latest OS I could find (it will show you a list of versions for your device/carrier. Everything was restored, although I lost some data. Then I ran a restore. Even if you don't have a backup, this option is preferred as it doesn't wipe your device, and you will maintain most of your settings and contacts.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:44 PM   #15
jmccorkel

Model: 8530
Carrier: verizon
Default downloaded os worked fine on charger

I finally was able to reload my bb8530 with a new os. It worked fine for three hours while plugged into the usb charger. I made calls sent messages and browsed the internet. But as soon as i unplugged it from the charger it went black and the red light started flashing again and now wont turn on. Should i have backed it up on BB desktop before i unplugged it or is there something else i should have done. I thought that once the reload of the OS was complete that it would be saved on the phone but now i dont know. Once i get it on again i hope that the OS is still there. If not when i reload it again is there any steps i need to take before unplugging it. Any help would be great. Even though it made calls should i have dialed *221 to activate it agin. I didnt think i had to but i dont know now. Thanks
Old 08-08-2010, 12:52 PM   #16
somerandomguy
CrackBerry Addict

the OS should still be there; if it isint, then you have serious hardware issues.

This may be a batter or charge circuit problem. Try a new / different battery as well as a new / different charger.