Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 07:08 PM   #1
shaun76
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile
Talking Played with one today! OR HF SUCKS! lol

Please Login to Remove!

I have a friend at my local t-mob store, and he let me play with the the manager's 8100. Not sure what the deal is with that, but who cares.

I have to say...the pictures don't do this thing justice. It's amazing looking and the weight is PERFECT! Doesn't feel too small (and I'm 6'3" 200 lbs). The trackball is cool as hell, and actually has a unique tactile feel to it - not too smooth, but definetly not too stiff. And again, I LOVE the weight of this phone!

I liked the TMob Zen theme, but couldn't stand the Today theme (maybe it'll grow on me). Screen was very crisp and bright. The keys and body have a nice "classy" shine to them.

Maybe I missed this in other posts, but there are designated volume buttons where the scroll wheel was, a designated camera button below them, and a designated voice command button on the left side ( I might have them switched, but I think I remember the layout being like this).

I purchased a 7105t to try the suretype, but it was my first BB. I love it, but it seems a little slow. Not the same with the 8100. This thing is lightning fast and extremely responsive. Edge also seemed quicker than BG's video showed.

Voice quality on the handset was perfect, and also sounded great paired with a Jabra JX10.

I honestly looked for faults, but couldn't find any, except maybe that the keys next to the trackball are a little close to the ball, but really wasn't much of an issue.

Coming from a Treo 650, treo 700w, MDA, Q, SDA, Treo 700p, Nokia E61, and finally a Samsung e900 (decided to give up looking for the perfect smartphone and went with style - giving up my 850 band as a sacrifice lol). This IS the phone I've been looking for.

I am so excited I got to play with one of these today, and just wanted to share my thoughts. I thought I had read everything there was to read, but found myself pleasantly surprised with the cam and voice command buttons.

Last edited by shaun76; 08-29-2006 at 10:28 PM..
Old 08-29-2006, 07:18 PM   #2
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Holy crap! Your experience sounds exactly like mine, except for the part about getting to handle an 8100. I've been a Treo guy for a couple of years, having jumped ship from Blackberries due to lack of onboard storage. I've had a metric assload of other smart phones and PDA's throughout my Treo time, always searching for something better. The Pearl is my wet dream. I plan to have one the second it's on the market, and then probably upgrade to the QEWRTY/WiFi model when it's out for T-Mobile. I love my 7105t (bought this month to get used to SureType prior to marrying an 8100) but the Pearl calls to me.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:27 PM   #3
Boy Genius
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: FFFFFFF
Carrier: AT&T

wait, this guy said assload! maybe we should ban him like howardforums did to me!

The Boy Genius Report
Old 08-29-2006, 07:28 PM   #4
mobilecontrol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g

Quote:
Originally Posted by boygenius
wait, this guy said assload! maybe we should ban him like howardforums did to me!
Sorry to go offtopic, but HF banned you? WTF...

T-Mobile:

- 8100 (rockin' the demo!), 8700g, 7100t, 6230
Old 08-29-2006, 07:29 PM   #5
Boy Genius
CrackBerry Addict

i called someone a dumbass after a long thread about that person attacking me personally adn my credibility, and I got a 3-day ban, so im boycotting howardforums there insane

The Boy Genius Report
Old 08-29-2006, 07:32 PM   #6
mobilecontrol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g

Quote:
i called someone a dumbass after a long thread about that person attacking me personally adn my credibility, and I got a 3-day ban, so im boycotting howardforums there insane
That is some of the dumbest crap I have ever heard. Some people take their moderating and administrative powers way too seriously on some forums...I had no idea HF pulls that kind of crap.

T-Mobile:

- 8100 (rockin' the demo!), 8700g, 7100t, 6230
Old 08-29-2006, 08:50 PM   #7
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
I've gotten 3 day bans on two different occasions from HoFo for bypassing their swear filter. Of course, their swear filter just about covers every word that could offend your Grandma, so that's not saying much.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:53 PM   #8
Postalrecon
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: N80

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc
I've gotten 3 day bans on two different occasions from HoFo for bypassing their swear filter. Of course, their swear filter just about covers every word that could offend your Grandma, so that's not saying much.
like this

h_w_rd f_r_ms
f_ck_ng s_cks

anyone need to buy a vowel??

http://xninjax.vox.com/

Last edited by Postalrecon; 08-29-2006 at 08:55 PM..
Old 08-29-2006, 09:09 PM   #9
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
I just love BooBoo the clown mod there. He must have single-handedly fulfilled their "clueless" employment quota. That place has to be among the very last in the list of shrinking forums. Don't know anyone that even goes there anymore.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:14 PM   #10
obstacles can kill
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: at&t

Quote:
BG, i posted some nice replies following that incident in that thread (posts #68 and 75) and i find it quite humorous that neither mod could come up with an explanation. its like they didnt know what to say. lol

BB Inventory:
9000, 8310, 8800,
8100 x2 (One Black, One Red), 8700c, 7290
Old 08-29-2006, 09:35 PM   #11
Boy Genius
CrackBerry Addict

saw tht i appreciate the support thank you, hofo has gone way downhill, the people here are great so I will post here and scoops on engadget, anywhere else besides a few select forums are not me

The Boy Genius Report
Old 08-29-2006, 10:07 PM   #12
penk

Model: 9700
Carrier: v6.0.0.461 on Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by obstacles can kill
BG, i posted some nice replies following that incident in that thread (posts #68 and 75) and i find it quite humorous that neither mod could come up with an explanation. its like they didnt know what to say. lol
have you seen the thread lately?

boobolito went through it with a machete and cleared any post calling him out.

i'm not sure if my new signature there is still up (first signature for me ever at any forum, BTW...) but apparently i was next on boob's list.

the guy's a degenerate, peanut-brained fart of an old man. i'm afraid he's already sown his seed, so i can only pray he doesn't exercise his right to vote.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:08 PM   #13
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie

Sounds like Hofo plays with it everyday.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:11 PM   #14
PhoneHand

Model: 9500

Quote:
saw tht i appreciate the support thank you, hofo has gone way downhill, the people here are great so I will post here and scoops on engadget, anywhere else besides a few select forums are not me
HOWARDFORUMS SUCKS!

it has changed since i was a member 6 years ago. i got banned for stupid shit also!

stay away from hofo
Old 08-29-2006, 10:27 PM   #15
shaun76
Thumbs Must Hurt

You guys crack me up. How the hell did this post turn into a HF gripe session? lol I don't care....as a matter of fact, I hate HF too, so keep it going. How could I get mad at BoyG for anything - it's your fault I'm now hooked on my BB.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:08 PM   #16
Boy Genius
CrackBerry Addict

Sorry I should be the one that stays on topic, I mean I am a SUPER MODERATOR, you believe tht mod said that there? He basically said i'm the super mod and your a regular poster to someone defending me...wacker...oh well lets stay back on topic

The Boy Genius Report
Old 08-30-2006, 07:29 AM   #17
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postalrecon
like this

h_w_rd f_r_ms
f_ck_ng s_cks

anyone need to buy a vowel??
Pretty much.

I don't even know which thread got me banned this last time, nor do I know who did it.

Oh well.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:10 AM   #18
shaun76
Thumbs Must Hurt

While we're off topic, I tried to search the other posts for this, but for some reason, my messages on my 7105t show (-25). The number keeps getting larger (or smaller I guess) as I delete emails from the handset. Any way to get it to show the number of messages I actually have like it did the day I bought it?

Also, how the hell do I remove programs from the phone? I downloaded a solitare game just to try installing a file. Worked fine, but now I can't get rid of it. I'm used to having a file manager, but don't see one on my BB.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:05 AM   #19
Paisan3466

Carrier: AT&T Mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by penk
have you seen the thread lately?

boobolito went through it with a machete and cleared any post calling him out.

i'm not sure if my new signature there is still up (first signature for me ever at any forum, BTW...) but apparently i was next on boob's list.

the guy's a degenerate, peanut-brained fart of an old man. i'm afraid he's already sown his seed, so i can only pray he doesn't exercise his right to vote.
Holy cow your right! What a tool. Howard should definately do something about him. But hey, I discovered this forum because of that mess over there so something good came from it!!
Old 08-30-2006, 10:16 AM   #20
brmcguire

Model: 8300
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun76
While we're off topic, I tried to search the other posts for this, but for some reason, my messages on my 7105t show (-25). The number keeps getting larger (or smaller I guess) as I delete emails from the handset. Any way to get it to show the number of messages I actually have like it did the day I bought it?

Also, how the hell do I remove programs from the phone? I downloaded a solitare game just to try installing a file. Worked fine, but now I can't get rid of it. I'm used to having a file manager, but don't see one on my BB.

Settings > Option > Advanced Options > Applications
Closed Thread