Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 05:51 PM   #141
Postalrecon
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: N80

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
sn00py - that is a load of crap. T-Mobile BlackBerrys work fine on Cingular and vice versa. The "tech guy" you spoke too is 100% incorrect.
NJBlackberry is right, i have an unlocked 8700g on cingular

http://xninjax.vox.com/
Old 06-21-2006, 10:12 PM   #142
csurfr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

I called Cing's International CS tonight, and within 5 minutes had the unlock code for my 8700c. Now to find an a decent carrier to buy time with when I go overseas. Any recommendations for Europe?

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2006, 01:55 PM   #143
14pups
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-mobile
Default 8700c SIM card goes bad in Europe = Nightmare

Pray that your US carrier sim card never goes bad in Europe because it's a friggin nightmare to get a replacement.

The same can be said if your BB battery goes bad. BB customer service (from TMO anyway) is an oxymoron in GER at least.

Moral of the story: ALWAYS bring a spare battery and ALWAYS bring an extra provisioned sim card from your carrier with you before you head overseas..
Old 07-29-2006, 12:15 AM   #144
TeckniX

Model: 7100g
Carrier: att

So I ve been reading a few post on the bb unlocking and it seems that many companies are now offering it -
Coming from the Nokia community, it is obvious that a similar IMEI calculator is used and simply provides an unlocking code -
What I dont get though, is how come no free downloadable software for unlocking the bb is available.
I mean obviously the owners of such software are wanting to keep it their own and still make money, but there is also a huge price difference between all of them - and surely all they do is take your $50, put your IMEI in their calculator software, copy and paste the unlock code and email that to you.

So what gives? How come nothing can be downloaded and enjoyed or shared by the community?

I just got my BB and this is already anoying me, compared to the support I usually get from all the Nokia guys.

Anyone care to chime and and enlighten me?
Old 07-30-2006, 06:06 PM   #145
Spamdumpster
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8820
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by csurfr
I called Cing's International CS tonight, and within 5 minutes had the unlock code for my 8700c.
What's the number for Int'l CS? I heard a rumor (here or on pinstack) that, if you paid full price for your BB, they would unlock it. So I call Cingular and the woman with whom I stock told me that Cingular doesn't even have the capacity to unlock my phone -- they won't do it and can't do it. I tried to politely call BS on her, but she kept telling me the same thing.

So, what's the story? Will Cingular unlock my 7130c for me? I've been a customer (in good standing) for 10 months, but I only added the data plan about a month ago. Any advice?
Old 08-04-2006, 10:32 AM   #146
binsted

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers
Default 7100 in europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pups
Pray that your US carrier sim card never goes bad in Europe because it's a friggin nightmare to get a replacement.

The same can be said if your BB battery goes bad. BB customer service (from TMO anyway) is an oxymoron in GER at least.

Moral of the story: ALWAYS bring a spare battery and ALWAYS bring an extra provisioned sim card from your carrier with you before you head overseas..
OK...so once the phone is unlocked and a SIM card is purchased in your destination country (i.e. orange for the UK), what functionality is kept/lost. For example, I do not get my email via BES, will my emails forwarded to my server still reach me via TCP?

Cheers
Old 08-07-2006, 04:45 PM   #147
option94
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: 21BFC0A1
Carrier: T-Mobile

they sent me the unlock code for my 7130c. Took them 4 days to send it but they did.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:00 AM   #148
carlogero
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 6210

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch
If I recall from the the BB 6210 I had unlocked for a client there was a cable connected to a loader device which seems to flash the device to unlock it.
hi how do i get the unlock code for BB 6210 locked to T-mobile just bought it?

regards,
carlogero
Old 09-13-2006, 04:24 AM   #149
carlogero

Model: 6210
Post Blackberry 6210 locked t-mobile

hi there,
i hav BB 6210 locked to T-Mobile can you help me?

rgds,
carlogero
Old 09-21-2006, 11:52 PM   #150
macgyvr64

Model: 7100T

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
You are going to have to contact the original carrier and see if they will unlock it for you. Since they won't, the only alternative is to use Bongo Wireless. You have to send them the BB, along with $100 US. There are no other unlocking services today.
Just like it says in this thread.
Do you (or anyone) know what BongoWireless does to unlock the phone? Do they have contacts at major wireless providers who will provide unlock codes?

As you can see by my post count, I'm new to the whole BackBerry scene. As a computer enthusiast, open-source advocate, and perpetual hardware tinkerer, the fact that information about unlocking is limited to an elite, entreprenurial few really irritates me. How is it that only a small few managed to gain access to the software and/or information, and are only willing to use it for ridiculous prices?

Enough ranting, though. What I'm really interested is the technical side of the unlocking process. It seems as though most unlocking companies only need the IMEI number to get your unlocking code. Are they calculating the unlock code, or simply accessing a huge table of codes somewhere (perhaps through a third party)?

I ask because I have a bunch of BlackBerries (legitimately acquired) that need to be unlocked, and paying anyothing over $5 each would be a waste of money for me.

There's got to be some way to do this. The device must have the number stored somewhere, otherwise it wouldn't be able to verify if you've properly entered the code. Although, it could just store a hash of the number, and we'd be totally out of luck on that front... Even so, could this hash be replaced by a pre-calculated hash of a known number? I really don't know how these things work internally, but I'm sure they have some sort of nonvolatile flash memory to store long-term information like the IMEI number, serial, etc.

Last edited by macgyvr64; 09-22-2006 at 12:11 AM..
Old 10-11-2006, 03:50 AM   #151
white8785

Model: 8703
Carrier: sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smhblackberry
ok, I had a problem with my 7520. called support and they said it was locked. they had me enter some numbers and reboot. below is what my screen now says:

SIM CARD: Security Disabled
Personalization:
SIM Unknown
Network Unknown
Network Subset Unknown
Service Provider Unknown
Corporate Unknown

does this mean it is unlocked?
i'm wondering the same thing.

i've seen where some are saying since it's a nextel phone it doesn't need to be unlocked, why is that? i'm getting ready to sale my 7520 because i'm going to the 8703 so if unlocking would help sale then that's why i'm interested.

any help/info?

8703 and loving it!

Want 8703 for .99 cents? pm me (no i don't sale them)
Old 10-11-2006, 12:33 PM   #152
tinabeana

Model: 7250

Does anyone know if it's possible to unlock a Verizon 7250 to work with Cingular?

I currently have a plan with cingular and someone gave me this phone and I would really like to use it but I'm confused about the whole iDEN thing.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:21 PM   #153
wireless
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: SPRINT-TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinabeana
Does anyone know if it's possible to unlock a Verizon 7250 to work with Cingular?

I currently have a plan with cingular and someone gave me this phone and I would really like to use it but I'm confused about the whole iDEN thing.
Cingular uses GSM as their technology. Verizon uses CDMA. (Not even sure where IDEN came into conversation, that is solely NEXTEL). You cn not, in anyway use that phone with Cingular. Period, Sorry.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:18 PM   #154
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: iFone
Carrier: AT&T™

^^lol.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:16 PM   #155
stealths2k

Model: 7290

cheapest place I've found to unlock a BB is unlocktotalk.com
I know that my post count is 1, but I've been lurking the forums for awhile and I have a 7290 that I got unlocked from them. Cheapest way to do it is through a cable. Getting the actually code still seems to be expensive...Not sure why....since all they need is the IMEI. I've searched all over, and also have a few friends who work at cell phone stores and they say that BBs are harder to unlock....no idea why....
Old 10-25-2006, 08:52 AM   #156
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: iFone
Carrier: AT&T™

^^I'll probably just unlock mine via T-Mobile.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:16 AM   #157
hiisi

Model: 8700v
Default BB 8700v - unlock

Hello,

I tried to unlock the bb 8700v , price $55.00. However, they were unable to unlock mine.
I paid and they say, "thank You" and good bye.

Unfortunatelly, i`m in trouble.
I bought BB 8700v in London, i live in Poland, i can`t unlock it.

Could You be helpful?
My email: [email address]

I dont know how to unlock it - where do I have to insert that unlock number - if You could help me and send it?

My bb IMEI I send via mail

Thanks
Peter
Old 10-27-2006, 03:08 AM   #158
tommy5885

Model: 7230
Default Unlocking Blackberry Phones!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganc14
I have been aggresively looking for a 7290 that is unlocked to use with T-Mobile. I have been finding some conflicting info. On ebay you can find several for decent prices, but one dealers said that his customers are now saying that Cingular has started locking them and they will not work. I have been a TMo customer for over two years. Do you think that if I buy one of things and it is locked, that Tmo can unlock it if it's locked by Cingular. Also, if anyone can help me find one for uner $250, that would be awesome. Thanks
THERE IS A SITE: cellularlocksmith.com where you can buy the software to unlock your blackberry and other brands of phones. i already purchased and unlocked 2 phones (Treo 650 and Blackberry 7230) using their software and have no problems. everything is normal on both phones. you can also find his softwares that he has posted on ebay for a few dollars cheaper (i paid 18.00 on ebay and his site its 21.99for the blackberry and the treo was 15.00 on ebay and his site 21.99) whatever is best for you all i know it beats paying 50.00-100.00. once you purchase the software you will receive it a few minutes to a few hours later via email with a user name and password and drivers if needed. this will solve all of everyones probs in here.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:21 PM   #159
tommy5885

Model: 7230

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngeller
T-mobile can't unlock another network's units and vice versa, they don't have access to the codes. Good luck finding one for under $250.00. You may be able to find one in that range with a new subscription or an upgrade (I'm not really sure how those work), but if you are buying it without the activation or contract, expect to pay a little less than double.

GO TO CELLULARLOCKSMITH.COM AND YOU CAN BUY THE SOFTWARE TO UNLOCK YOUR BLACKBERRY CELL PHONES FOR UNDER 25.00. I ALREADY PURCHASED 2 OF HIS SOFTWARES (1 FOR BLACKBERRY 7230 AND 1 FOR PALM TREO 650) AND IT WORKS GREAT NOW BOTH PHONES ARE UNLOCKED WITH NO PROBLEMS. THE SOFTWARE WORKS GREAT ON ANY GSM NETWORK.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:43 PM   #160
fran_cortina

Model: 5820
Default Bb 5820

Hello I,m A New User. I,m Spanish And I Do Not Speak English Very Well But I Try To Do It. Jajaj....well I Have 20 Bb 5820 (i Think....back I Can Read 900/1800 G-2/1-4) All From O2...
I Need To Unlock Its But Is An Old Model And Nobody Talk About
Somebody Can Help Me?
Closed Thread