BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 05:41 PM   #1
photoshop

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Vodafone forget to set up a contract!!

Please Login to Remove!

Ordered my storm through the usual Vodafone site phone number 0808.......

It arrived as promised today, but I could not find a sim card with it. Thinking it had been sent under seperate cover, I contacted Vodafone, only to find out that they had got a little confused, and forgotten to set me up with the shiny new 24 month contract I had agreed to. So I simply moved my old sim across, got them to add the BlackBerry extras to my old contract, and off I went - three months into my original contract (which was going to be a backup phone for the wife) and already getting a free BB!!

Speaking to their Cust Services people, it appears that they are having difficult dealing with the demand and these mistakes are not uncommon at present!

What can I say, but I hope there are others out there as lucky as me. It seems that they were quite un-concerned with the error, and did not even TRY to get me to sign up for the contract again retrospectively - which (for the info of those who might think I am being a little cheeky) I offered to do in my call to them.

All I have to do now is try and work out how to stop the damn thing dropping onto T-Mobile all the time and make sure its not constantly talking with my mail server on 3G or GPRS (don't want the BIG bills) and I will be a happy man.

All the best,

Steve
Old 11-14-2008, 06:05 PM   #2
dirtypirate
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
PIN: 0.7 Red Ink
Carrier: Slave by Contract to AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshop View Post
Ordered my storm through the usual Vodafone site phone number 0808.......

It arrived as promised today, but I could not find a sim card with it. Thinking it had been sent under seperate cover, I contacted Vodafone, only to find out that they had got a little confused, and forgotten to set me up with the shiny new 24 month contract I had agreed to. So I simply moved my old sim across, got them to add the BlackBerry extras to my old contract, and off I went - three months into my original contract (which was going to be a backup phone for the wife) and already getting a free BB!!

Speaking to their Cust Services people, it appears that they are having difficult dealing with the demand and these mistakes are not uncommon at present!

What can I say, but I hope there are others out there as lucky as me. It seems that they were quite un-concerned with the error, and did not even TRY to get me to sign up for the contract again retrospectively - which (for the info of those who might think I am being a little cheeky) I offered to do in my call to them.

All I have to do now is try and work out how to stop the damn thing dropping onto T-Mobile all the time and make sure its not constantly talking with my mail server on 3G or GPRS (don't want the BIG bills) and I will be a happy man.

All the best,

Steve

can you shoot me a msg with the number you called to order it and the price you paid. thnkx.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:42 AM   #3
photoshop

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypirate View Post
can you shoot me a msg with the number you called to order it and the price you paid. thnkx.
I called the normal 08080 number from their site

I paid NOTHING!!
Old 11-15-2008, 07:17 AM   #4
Kanon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: 25593566
Carrier: Vodafone UK

I really don't think it will end this way.

Vodafone it's not a charity.
Closed Thread