Old 11-26-2008, 12:29 AM   #1
saara
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers, they suck
Red face ring tone is so loud, even on low! and i want dialing buttons off

Please Login to Remove!

i dont know of another way to make the ring tone lower. it's on low now and i find it to be very loud. i dont even want to hear how loud escalating is. does anyone know if or how i can make the tone lower?
also, does anyone know how to mute while dialing out a number?
i just got my curve today, i'm im far from knowledgeable about blackberry's, it's my first.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:40 AM   #2
barbwyr
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: AT&T

Perhaps tgry another tone. I personally have a hard time hearing the low volume tone and had to take my phone off escalating because I was missing calls.

As for the dial out tones, from what I have read they are not muteable except in the quiet and vibrate modes, where they are muted automatically.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:46 AM   #3
saara
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwyr View Post
Perhaps tgry another tone. I personally have a hard time hearing the low volume tone and had to take my phone off escalating because I was missing calls.

As for the dial out tones, from what I have read they are not muteable except in the quiet and vibrate modes, where they are muted automatically.

i spent $10 downloading songs to use as tones. even the tones on the phone, i find are loud, on low. i didnt realize blackberrys were this difference from typical cell phones.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:22 AM   #4
barbwyr
CrackBerry Addict

Spent $10! Ouch. With a BB you can create your own ringtones on the computer and upload them to your BB without paying a penny. Not sure how to solve your problem as I have always hated how quiet older cell phone were when they played custom ringtones. I am sure there will be a few suggestions on programs that will allow you to cut the volume on ringtones you creat yourself. I recall hearing good things about Audacity I think it was. Check it out. I like Ringtone Ripper but there is no option to lower the volume.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:25 AM   #5
saara
Thumbs Must Hurt

how do i go about sending music to my phone, as u mentioned? i tried emailing small music files and opening them on the phone. that didnt work, but emailing myself photos did work..
Old 11-26-2008, 01:46 AM   #6
barbwyr
CrackBerry Addict

Desktop Manager Software with Media Manager is one way. The other is to use the Mass Storage Mode on your device and simply connect it to the computer and you can use Windows Explorer to transfer files from the computer to the BB. Just plug your BB into the computer via the USB cable and select yes when it asks to enable MSM.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:47 AM   #7
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Take a look at this FAQ. It should answer your question.

How do I get ringtones on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ

In fact, I highly recommend you read all the FAQs because that will answer a lot of your questions. Also there is a help section on the BlackBerry itself that explains how to do a lot of things.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:32 AM   #8
tim_allen27

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

I find that mine is too quiet, even on the high setting. I've downloaded ringtones, and created some of my own. This is my second 8330, my carrier replaced the first one for different reasons, and that one was quiet too. Maybe there's something that isn't enabled yet...?
Old 11-26-2008, 12:10 PM   #9
saara
Thumbs Must Hurt

thanks!
i used the media manager. i feel like a jackass, now i gotta pay $10 for something i coulda got for free.. at least i learned! the whole blackberry desktop manager is a slow program, especially the media manager, it sorta freezes on a simple click.. but it works, eventually..
thanks again
Old 11-27-2008, 02:20 PM   #10
bossfan61
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_allen27 View Post
I find that mine is too quiet, even on the high setting. I've downloaded ringtones, and created some of my own. This is my second 8330, my carrier replaced the first one for different reasons, and that one was quiet too. Maybe there's something that isn't enabled yet...?
Same here. I just got the Sprint BB 8330 and uploaded some custom mp3's into the ring tones folder. They play quite loud with the Media Player, but noticeably lower as a ring tone. I think I've checked every menu, and set as Loud, but still too low.

They sounded great (and loud) as ring tones on my previous phone (Sanyo 8400). Any suggestions?
Closed Thread