Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 09:14 AM   #1
fsa3
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT
Default Adding new simulator

Please Login to Remove!

I have the 4.02 version of the JDE setup and I want to add the 8700 simulator to it.

I've downloaded the simulators and added them to the simulator directory but it doesn't seem to rebuild the list of available simulators.

Anyone have any idea what I need to do?

Thanks,
Frank
Old 08-26-2006, 12:09 AM   #2
osmodion

Model: 8300
Carrier: awesome!
Default Adding a Simulator

There is a knowledge base article with instructions here: blackberry. com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/796557/800738/800901/How_To_-_Connect_the_JDE_to_a_specified_simulator_bundle.h tml?nodeid=801015&vernum=0

I haven't posted enough to post an actual url, so just delete the space and it should work.

I just added the 8700c, using Device Simulators bundle 4.1.0.327, and it works fine.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:18 AM   #3
kevin.ross
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

If you happen to be just using the JDWP for debugging, I posted a related set of instructions on theblackberrydeveloper blog.

theblackberrydeveloper.com

I'm not sure if that helps, but I figured I would offer since it took me a while to figure it out.

Kevin Ross | Metova.com