Old 02-05-2009, 03:08 PM   #21
coldconfession13
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9550
PIN: 30fd8208
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted

I was under the impression that the full body shield would cover the camera part cause I don't want that to get all scratched up cause if it does then the pictures would look like crap. So I hope it has the coverage if not then I bought the whole thing for nothing.

http://www.blackberryfaq.com
Old 02-05-2009, 03:35 PM   #22
esbe02
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldconfession13 View Post
Wirelessly posted

I was under the impression that the full body shield would cover the camera part cause I don't want that to get all scratched up cause if it does then the pictures would look like crap. So I hope it has the coverage if not then I bought the whole thing for nothing.
I think I have bad news for you, the shield covers only the surrounding area around the camera lens and flash. However, I think they did this for a reason, if the shield was placed over the lens or flash, it would affect the picture quality from glare, smudges, etc.

I didn't bother applying all the pieces, I only applied the the shields to the screen, area above the screen, and the battery cover. The rest of the phone is protected with black silicon skin.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:50 PM   #23
snoballz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: TMo

Applying the Invisible Shield onto my iPod Touch was a whole lot faster. It's simple but time consuming with the 8900 given all of pieces and having to conform around the edges.

My biggest mistake was to apply the shield in poor light. I noticed that there was lint trapped underneath the screen shield and had to reapply. That was not fun since it kept getting worse until the fourth time!

In any event, all of the pieces with the exception of the buttons have been applied. I'll get to the buttons when i have some spare time.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #24
coldconfession13
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9550
PIN: 30fd8208
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted

I'm not even going to bother with the buttons scared to get water around that area. I think I might just try cutting out the camera part from the battery door cover since I won't use that. I really don't want that glass to get scratched

http://www.blackberryfaq.com
Old 02-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #25
OstrichSak
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal4326 View Post
I just got mine yesterday (full). I'll hopefully put it on tonite.. I'll let you know how it goes..

Did you use the 50% off code? not sure if it still works, but its SHOWSP09
Code no longer valid. I've had these on all my other devices and while they are nice I would much rather pay $12.50 than $25.00. Soon as I find a working discount I will order a set.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:16 PM   #26
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: Tmobile

Best Skins Ever is $9.99 shipped. Same thing. Or 2 screen protectors for $8.99. Good deal. I bought a screen protector from Pinkscreens or Pink(xxxx) something for $10 shipped and it goes on exactly the same way, with water/soap (they didn't really say that in their ad and that's not what I was going for). It's kind of a pain to get centered perfectly and there's one tiny bubble but it seems tough as nails. I got the BSE to cover the top where it sticks out of the pouch and maybe the camera piece.

Last edited by TheBigNewt; 02-15-2009 at 03:20 PM..
Old 02-15-2009, 03:33 PM   #27
OstrichSak
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
Best Skins Ever is $9.99 shipped. Same thing. Or 2 screen protectors for $8.99. Good deal. I bought a screen protector from Pinkscreens or Pink(xxxx) something for $10 shipped and it goes on exactly the same way, with water/soap (they didn't really say that in their ad and that's not what I was going for). It's kind of a pain to get centered perfectly and there's one tiny bubble but it seems tough as nails. I got the BSE to cover the top where it sticks out of the pouch and maybe the camera piece.
Thanks for the heads up. The full body kit I ordered was only about $3 shipped thanks to a promo that I had used at the time but w/o a coupon or code I'm not looking to pay $25+ but less than $10 shipped is perfect. Order placed and thanks again for the info.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:13 PM   #28
dcjoe662

Carrier: T-MOBILE

Invisible shield and Best skins ever are both really good. Best skins ever is way cheaper $10 with shipping. If you live by a Invisible shield kiosk in the mall they will install it for $10. I know Invisible shield charges almost $40 for the full body and the install. Plus they wont turn down pure margin on a install, if they do then they're dumb!
Old 02-15-2009, 07:51 PM   #29
Helmdawg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: ned down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chbak014 View Post
i'm in the same boat as you. i want my screens to be optically clear (aside from nakedness).
i've always used ScreenPatronus

i've already confirmed they have the screen protector for the 8900.
its about $9 bucks, but you get threee. i've always used them for all screens for my electronics.

i like them because their product reminds me of the hori screen protectors for the PSP (which i love).
I just received mine yesterday, I think I paid $8.50 for three. I will install it later tonight..
Old 02-18-2009, 03:22 PM   #30
Winston S.
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

I should have also posted in this thread, as I did in the other two I posted. If you will be using this in conjunction with the Seidio Innocase there may be a fit issue as there was one with the BSE. I pretty much had to peel most of the pieces off for it to fit properly in the Seidio case.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:29 PM   #31
wangta01

Carrier: AT&T

Guys, does the 8900 fit into the OEM charging cradle with the invisible shield or BSE applied? I had IS on my 8310 and it was a tight fit and ended up ruining my invisible shield.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #32
ginjamaka

Carrier: SETAR

i still have the original one, that came with it. just popped my javelin in a black sillicone skin and done
Old 05-02-2009, 05:07 AM   #33
dcjoe662

Carrier: T-MOBILE

I have tried both invisible shield and BSE and I have to say the invisible shield is a little better quality. I had BSE on my curve 8330 and the sides turned yellow within 2 months. I have had the invisible shield on my 8900 for a month and a half and so far so good. No yellow or peeling as of yet. Also I have the charging dock from blackberry for my 8900 and the fit is a little snug with the shield on but its able to charge every time.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #34
wangta01

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcjoe662 View Post
Also I have the charging dock from blackberry for my 8900 and the fit is a little snug with the shield on but its able to charge every time.
Shieeet, I was worried about that...
Old 05-05-2009, 06:58 PM   #35
wolfgaze
Thumbs Must Hurt

I had a Invisible Shield on my Blackberry 8700G and loved it... So I naturally purchased the Zagg.com (new name, previously InvisibleShield.com) screen cover for my 8900 and it looks and works just as well as my previous one.... Highly recommend for anyone to use.... For $11 you can't go wrong! No need for those bulky carrying cases... No worries about scratching your screen....
Old 05-07-2009, 03:15 AM   #36
neenach2002

Model: None

I have a Bold, tried to put it on today and it ruined my screen...I guess some of the solution leaked behind the screen or something?

Anyone have this happen to them, or have any tips to prevent it from happening?
Old 05-07-2009, 10:00 PM   #37
wolfgaze
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenach2002 View Post
I have a Bold, tried to put it on today and it ruined my screen...I guess some of the solution leaked behind the screen or something?

Hey, how do you know it somehow penetrated the screen? That doesn't seem to make sense as it would imply that your screen had holes in it....

Do you just mean that you can see residue left on your screen? If so that's normal... They say in the instructions that ship with Zagg/InvisibleShield that it usually takes upwards of a week for the air pockets to work themselves out.... I have some minor residue left on my screen under the invisible shield but it's up in the corner and hardly noticeable only under certain angles... The same thing happened to me with my previous phone.... If anything if it looks really bad you might want to consider peeling it off and orering another one and being more careful when you apply it next time... You don't want to over-sature the plastic w/ the solution before you apply it... If you get significant bubbling when you first press it on you can lift up one of the corners and use the little scraper to work them out.... I actually had to apply mine 2-3x before I was happy with it...
Old 05-07-2009, 10:12 PM   #38
neenach2002

Model: None

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Quote:
Originally Posted by neenach2002 View Post

Hey, how do you know it somehow penetrated the screen? That doesn't seem to make sense as it would imply that your screen had holes in it....

Do you just mean that you can see residue left on your screen? If so that's normal... They say in the instructions that ship with Zagg/InvisibleShield that it usually takes upwards of a week for the air pockets to work themselves out.... I have some minor residue left on my screen under the invisible shield but it's up in the corner and hardly noticeable only under certain angles... The same thing happened to me with my previous phone.... If anything if it looks really bad you might want to consider peeling it off and orering another one and being more careful when you apply it next time... You don't want to over-sature the plastic w/ the solution before you apply it... If you get significant bubbling when you first press it on you can lift up one of the corners and use the little scraper to work them out.... I actually had to apply mine 2-3x before I was happy with it...
There was a big spot on the screen. It has been getting smaller and smaller though. I took the shield off because I have a defective phone (found out after I put it on)

I think the solution leaked in from below (where the 4 buttons & trackball are)
Closed Thread