Old 02-03-2009, 02:53 PM   #1
seattleboi1982
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: 20dc4f4f
Carrier: AT&T/T-Mobile
Default Zagg invisibleSheild and the javlin

Please Login to Remove!

has anyone put the invisibleshield on their javlin? and what are their thoughts of it on their javlin? i just ordered it and should be arriving so i am curious if anyone else has ordered it and installed it on their device.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:22 PM   #2
datboi305
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 216e8182
Carrier: tmobile

i have one on my storm and its good quality....waiting until the phone is released so my friend at best buy could get it for me with the discount total price $5

sure joo kan haz ma twitter
Old 02-03-2009, 04:53 PM   #3
esbe02
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattleboi1982 View Post
has anyone put the invisibleshield on their javlin? and what are their thoughts of it on their javlin? i just ordered it and should be arriving so i am curious if anyone else has ordered it and installed it on their device.
I'm still waiting on my invisible shield... I can tell you that bestskinsever is a pretty good alternative and its waaaay cheaper. Compare invisible shield's $25 to BSE"s $10, and its a big savings. I only ordered the invisible shield because I ordered it during a 50 percent off promo. Until I get it in the mail, I'll be able to compare the two based on quality.

Note: BSE also has very fast shipping, unlike invisible shield, I've been waiting over a week.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:06 PM   #4
danimal4326
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

I just got mine yesterday (full). I'll hopefully put it on tonite.. I'll let you know how it goes..

Did you use the 50% off code? not sure if it still works, but its SHOWSP09
Old 02-03-2009, 05:07 PM   #5
seattleboi1982
Thumbs Must Hurt

i tried the code and it wouldnt work when i tried on sunday. the reports i have been seeing is that the code expired on the 19th.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:55 PM   #6
CableGuy711

the BSE version is much cheaper. I believe there is a slight difference in the optical quality thou. the best skins ever is not 100% clear (more like ever so slightly frosted looking)
Blackberry 8300 Curve (2 Faithful Years)
Blackberry 8100 Pearl (My 1st Love)
Old 02-03-2009, 06:19 PM   #7
coldconfession13
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9550
PIN: 30fd8208
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted

I just want to see how the camera looks when you put the zagg shield over it

http://www.blackberryfaq.com
Old 02-03-2009, 07:37 PM   #8
seattleboi1982
Thumbs Must Hurt

well, when mine arrives, I'll post some pictures with it on over the camera
Old 02-04-2009, 12:49 AM   #9
morrow95

Installed mine today - few spots I can't get to stick no matter what but overall looks great so far. Hoping after a few days it will clear up some more. I highly recommend it.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:55 AM   #10
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Did mine tonight and took some pictures for everyone. Disclaimer, I wasn't really looking for perfect pictures, so some are blurry and they're all the result of quick crop jobs.

The front picture looks terrible and I tried to take the picture so you could see the orange peel effect that is sometimes left. Honestly most of those imperfections have smoothed out now and are not nearly as noticeable. The pictures were taken right after I had gotten the skin placed and cleaned up on the screen so don't take them as the final product.

I can still see imperfections when the screen is off, but once it comes on you don't notice any of it. You have to get the light just right and hold it at just an angle, etc to see any of the imperfections.

Small price to pay for protection from scratches.

What you get:

Front skin sheet:

Back & side skin sheet:

Front done:

Right done:

Left done:

Back side with no skin applied to the battery door: (Waiting for my blue cover to show up)

Wow those pictures do look pretty unflattering, perhaps I'll take some more in a few days so everyone can see what it looks like after it settles in.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:05 AM   #11
YMark

Are you guys saying that the Zagg skin covers the camera lens. That's crazy if it's true. Another reason to go with the BSE.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:30 PM   #12
jubrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattleboi1982 View Post
I have one, and I've had them on all my phones. Once you get it on right (which can be a bit of a pain), it is awesome.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:34 PM   #13
seattleboi1982
Thumbs Must Hurt

well, mine should be arriving today or tomorrow. i also ordered the black back cover so, i cant wait for both and i may have someone install it for me since I'm not that good with that kind of stuff.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #14
morrow95

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMark View Post
Are you guys saying that the Zagg skin covers the camera lens. That's crazy if it's true. Another reason to go with the BSE.
No, it does not cover it.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #15
Kucher
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Rogers

The material ZAGG and BSE use is exactly the same. It's some 3M poly-product... you can even buy it in bulk if you want to do the cutting yourself.

Invisible Shield is more expensive because of the packaging and accessories they include. If you can do without flashy cardboard cases, colour instructions and the solution sprayer they include -- get the BSE product, mix your own soap and water solution (that's all it is) and save $15 bucks.

Also, these things come in pieces. If you don't want the camera lens covered, then don't put that piece on. The panel that covers the camera from both manufacturers has the tiny lens portion uncovered anyway.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:33 PM   #16
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: Tmobile

That's what I always thought-they were the same stuff sold by different outfits. Has anyone used any hard plastic screen protectors for the 8900 yet? I prefer them to the (what I call) flimsy plastic products because they are perfectly clear/smooth (no orange peel) and are harder to get bubbles in. They also clean off nicely with window cleaner.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:01 PM   #17
chbak014
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
That's what I always thought-they were the same stuff sold by different outfits. Has anyone used any hard plastic screen protectors for the 8900 yet? I prefer them to the (what I call) flimsy plastic products because they are perfectly clear/smooth (no orange peel) and are harder to get bubbles in. They also clean off nicely with window cleaner.
i'm in the same boat as you. i want my screens to be optically clear (aside from nakedness).
i've always used ScreenPatronus

i've already confirmed they have the screen protector for the 8900.
its about $9 bucks, but you get threee. i've always used them for all screens for my electronics.

i like them because their product reminds me of the hori screen protectors for the PSP (which i love).

Last edited by chbak014; 02-04-2009 at 07:02 PM..
Old 02-04-2009, 07:44 PM   #18
CableGuy711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kucher View Post
The material ZAGG and BSE use is exactly the same. It's some 3M poly-product... you can even buy it in bulk if you want to do the cutting yourself.

are you 100% sure?
I purchased both before and I swear the Zagg version is clearer.....side by side even.

hmmmmm

I still buy the BSE version cause it does the job and is way cheaper. (like for my macbook which was almost 3x the price if i went with zagg)
Blackberry 8300 Curve (2 Faithful Years)
Blackberry 8100 Pearl (My 1st Love)
Old 02-04-2009, 07:51 PM   #19
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

I had a BSE on my 8320 and it has turned pretty yellow, it got beat up and has started to pull up at some edges and collect dust under it. 1Yr of use on this skin

I also have a Zagg on an ipod and it has not turned any colors, nor had any edges pull up. Granted this is an easier device to cover then the 8320, but it's going on 4 years and it still looks great with no discoloration.

I like the look of the screen patronus, I might just get a pack of those if they are indeed a stiffer plastic. The screen under my zagg is perfectly clean so it'd be easy to move to.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:34 PM   #20
esbe02
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: TMO

I just got my Zagg Invisible Shield and got it put on my phone. Overall, looks good. I personally cannot tell the difference between BSE and Zagg, they sure look like the same stuff to me. Only thing I notice is that Zagg does a nice job on packaging the product (comes in spiffy black box, rubber branded squeegee, and branded application solution).

I didn't know this, but in the box there is a disclaimer stating "lifetime warranty" on the product and you can get replacements for any reason the shield doesn't hold up. For example, maybe after 6 months, the shield discolors and needs to be exchanged.

Has anyone gone through the replacement process? How "strict" are they in terms of getting your shield replaced. I noticed how you need to say the $3.95 shipping, but that's understandable. Zagg states that once you get your replacement in the mail, you need to send back your original shield. I think that's a little silly, but I can see why they would want it back to prevent fraud claims, etc. That takes me to another question, so what happens if I get my replacement and don't send mine back, do I risk getting charged or something? I don't know, I'm just always skeptical with "lifetime warranties."
Closed Thread