BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 05:36 AM   #1
Slovak
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: 319FC717
Carrier: Alltel
Default Upgraded to the 8330 4.5 OS, now now mms at all!

Please Login to Remove!

Ever since I upgraded I have had nothing but problems with my mms. I was always able to send/receive picture messages on my Alltel Curve, but since 4.5 i've had problems. Ive pulled battery, resent service books, and even called tech support and they did something and I was able to send mms, but only for a day, called tech support back and then mms worked again, for a day then was not able to send mms at all but could receive. Now I can send, and when I receive mms it says could not retreive messade data, please try again. To no avail called Alltel again and they have no idea and it's going on the third day without mms on my Curve. Any ideas?
Old 08-14-2008, 07:21 AM   #2
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

i thought mms wasnt on alltel... oh well, i must have missed something...

anyways... you can downgrade back to 4.3 if you would like. there is aa tut for that on BBFAQ i believe. ill find you the link if that is the path you want to take
Old 08-14-2008, 02:47 PM   #3
Slovak
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 319FC717

No that would be sprint that has no mms. Alltel has two htc phones that do mms, and the curve, except they are supposedly working on a fix for the video/audio part of the mms, but picture mms works perfectly, except on my phone....
Old 08-14-2008, 03:33 PM   #4
sgtcasey
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

I would downgrade back to the last supported OS offered by Alltel and see if the problems go away. If they do, then you're set. If they don't, then you should call Alltel back.

Dave
Old 08-15-2008, 02:14 PM   #5
BigGirLoca

PIN: N/A
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slovak View Post
Ever since I upgraded I have had nothing but problems with my mms. I was always able to send/receive picture messages on my Alltel Curve, but since 4.5 i've had problems. Ive pulled battery, resent service books, and even called tech support and they did something and I was able to send mms, but only for a day, called tech support back and then mms worked again, for a day then was not able to send mms at all but could receive. Now I can send, and when I receive mms it says could not retreive messade data, please try again. To no avail called Alltel again and they have no idea and it's going on the third day without mms on my Curve. Any ideas?
I'm having the exact same issue when I upgraded to the Official release from MTS mobility. I can recieve pictures(not video Alltel issue never had been able to) but I can't send pics or ringtones. It just sticks there in sending mode and won't end up sending. Calling Alltel now. Don't think they will help but I'll give it a try. When it comes down to it html email or MMS? I don't know thats a tough one. I love the new email.
Closed Thread