Old 11-09-2010, 05:57 AM   #1
adegoke

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: mtn nigeria
Default blue tooth and wifi

Please Login to Remove!

Hi ,
please ever since I upgraded to version 5, i noticed that my bluetooth and wifi dont work>
my bluetooth cant find anything and cannot be discovered no matter what i do and no matter how many times i restart the phone.
As for the wifi, it cannot find anynetwork eventhough networks are avaliable.
I never used the wifi with version 4.6(not too sure on the full details, but im thinking its related.

could anyone please help me, im using a Javelin 8900.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:49 AM   #2
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

As far as the BT issue what devices are you trying to pair? You can make your device discoverable within Optios - BlueTooth, then into the options/properties once more. With most devices you must scan with the BlackBerry and set the other device in discoverable mode, usually by holding a specific key combo. (Usually something will flash on the device letting you know it can be found)

As far as the Wi-Fi, go to manage connections and make sure it is enabled, then proceed to the Wi-Fi options to configure a wireless SSID. The BlackBerry also has Wi-Fi tools, such as a Site survery that will scan for discoverable Wi-Fi cells, I would try that as well.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 11-09-2010, 08:10 AM   #3
adegoke

Thanks for the info, am currently scanning with the WIFI and getting some results, Thanks.
As fot the BT, iv been trying to pair it with other black berry smart phones and my old nokia. With the old version installed, all the phones i paired with had no problem. Thats why i think it might be the OS that is giving me problems with the BT.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:58 PM   #4
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

As far as the Wi-Fi some people hide the SSID (because they think it is secure) if that is the case it will not show up as in the scan.

Weird, may want to either wipe and reload with JL_CMDer or revert back to the older version.

Very odd indeed. I will move this thread to the 89xx forum to see any other 8900 user has seen this.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-10-2010, 05:54 AM   #5
adegoke

Thanks, was going to downgrade but wanted to see if it could be fixed first.
Thanks for all the help.
As for black berrys, im just waiting to see what comes next, hopefully something that makes the iphone look like a toy
Closed Thread