Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 02:31 PM   #21
Pearly White
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: None
PIN: Lost my BB..... *sob*
Carrier: T-Mobile (UK)

Please Login to Remove!

I have no idea, but the Web & Walk plan from T-mo is apparently "unlimited" but then found out it was limited to 1Gb. but I've never crossed that line.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:57 PM   #22
plumed

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guvnor View Post
I can see why these are named Crackberrys now! Its incredible how addictive they are. Also find I am emailing people I would not have even bothered to before now, just so I can! LOL
OH MAN! you have totally taken the words out of my mouth. hahaha!
Old 05-28-2007, 03:40 PM   #23
mattymee
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/3.1.7196/1684; en; U; ssr))

Yesterday I used 250mb, but that is while using it as a modem. When I'm not using it as a modem for my laptop I average about 10mb a day unless I'm in another town where I tend to lookup places to eat, movies, etc more often
Old 05-28-2007, 04:16 PM   #24
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

I get about 100 e-mails a day and respond to about 5, if that.

But last week I was in the part of a house I was visiting to where I did not want to go into another room to use the DSL line. So I hooked up the Pearl As A Modem so to do some Internet research.

I stayed connected for about 6 hours without concern about the charges because I have the U.S. T-Mo 19.99 unlimited data plan.

And about a month ago my cable broadband coverage went out for about two hours. I was able to hook up my Pearl to the desktop and use it as a modem. That was uber cool in my book, especially when getting the bill and NOT seeing charges for staying on line with the Pearl.

I am already lamenting the loss of that plan when T-Mo pulls it [I suspect some day T-Mo will join the other carriers and discontinue the $20 unlimited data plan].
Old 05-28-2007, 04:22 PM   #25
Hemiolia
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco View Post
\I am already lamenting the loss of that plan when T-Mo pulls it [I suspect some day T-Mo will join the other carriers and discontinue the $20 unlimited data plan].
Those who already have it wouldn't be grandfathered in when that time comes?
Old 05-28-2007, 10:50 PM   #26
Neverl8
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemiolia View Post
Those who already have it wouldn't be grandfathered in when that time comes?
Let's hope so
Old 06-07-2007, 12:14 AM   #27
pepepex

Carrier: Telefonica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverl8 View Post
Damn, a 200mb plan. If you are only using the BB without attaching it to a laptop for web surfing, I would guess that will be overkill for a month. That would almost be constant downloading of mail or attachments.

Or is your plan for over the course of several months?
200MB, that's for one month... I still don't use it as a modem cuz I've been busy downloading applications and catching up in the forums on anything BlackBer-related I can read. I'm actually scared about how much I like this device!! It's awesome!!
Old 06-07-2007, 12:34 AM   #28
pepepex

Carrier: Telefonica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Force One View Post
I think you can check it this way: click options icon: click status: click menu button next to green phone button: click diagnostic: click menu button next to green phone button: click run. You should see you IP address listed among the other entries by the time the diagnostic is finished running. Mine changes quite often so I think your IP is not static. All this assumes that I'm right and this is the phone's IP that is listed when running a diagnostic, and not something I'm misinterpreting.

Hope this helps

As to the first post: I used ~48MBs of data last month.

AF1
Thank you AF1, but after I enter into Options->Status and I click the menu button I don't get the "diagnostic" option. I just get:

Database sizes
Copy
Change application
Close

I can see you have a BB Pearl as I do. Is it possible that I have a OS version that doesn't support that option? Do you have a developer/engineer device? I've seen those developer BBs where there's a hidden menu with lots of monitoring options.

If anyone knows a different way (or can help me with this one) for keeping track of networking/traffic/usage information please help. I thought it would be very easy since I see it as a very useful thing to check.

btw: The IP addresses are assigned dynamically. It would be VERY inefficient to provission a static IP address for each user. This way the network has constant control over the usage of the IP segment(s) dedicated to a certain service (even for an always-on service as is BlackBerry).

Last edited by pepepex; 06-07-2007 at 12:37 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 06-07-2007, 12:58 AM   #29
NEWBIE BERRY
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T MO

Does anybody know if tmo users can check their data usage? Like the way we check our balance or min used? When I had verizon I was using around 100mb a month... And that was just with wap internet. So I suspect my usage will go up now with my pearl. About how much mb are used when tethering? No downloading of files but heavy surfing.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:18 AM   #30
CaCHooKa Man
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100c
PIN: 23E8EA8C
Carrier: Cingular

ive used 22 mb since i got the phone 2 weeks ago.. well at least thats what was on my bill for last month
Old 06-07-2007, 05:14 AM   #31
Lowrider
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: CBW

I have used 16 mb, so far this mo. (2 weeks)
Old 06-07-2007, 11:22 AM   #32
swoosh0217
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 23DF2F34
Carrier: tmobile

I get about 30 to 40 MB per month. thank god for the unlimited data plan from tmobile!
Closed Thread