Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 08:28 PM   #61
mrmartymac
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

After only eight hours with .86, the only complaint I have is the previously mentioned LED issue. My observation is that after using my BT headset (Jawbone) and disconnecting it by turning it off, the LED was flashing blue then red.

I will report back. Just FYI.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:16 AM   #62
BigA
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iphon
PIN: Prick

Early adopters of this os have to realize that this os will take at least 2 days before they can consider is a viable release. This will ensure that memory leaks and os issues are in fact resolved. Also note that once one does upgrade to this release, that immediately after the upgrade users are reporting a good experience with the update in regards to speediness of the device. I have no doubt that this is true simply because you have loaded a new o/s, issues simply have not cropped up yet. This is no different when one re-installs or a new installation of an o/s on a pc. It is always cleaner and faster.

Keep in mind that with os .85 issues did not reveal them selves until 2-5 days after installing.

For those who do not have any issues after installing, please post what programs you are using and how heavily you are using your device. My hunch is those who do not have issues are simply not power users like most of us here.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:47 AM   #63
TreyS
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxmerlinxxx View Post
Upon using if for almost a full day I have noticed a new bug. Now when I disconnect from my car's bluetooth, the blue LED continues to flash and so will the red LED even though I have read through my messages. This happened to me last night and this morning.
After having the flashing LED bug, i did a battery pull. Guess what, memory card freeze was back. happened 2 reboots in a row, so on the third I removed the memory card and it booted fine. Luckily it booted into EDGE that time too (not edge which it likes to do often and it wont connect to EDGE without another reboot)
I have the exact problem with my LED flashing red and blue after getting out of my Bluetooth enabled car.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:31 AM   #64
jskolm85
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigA View Post
Early adopters of this os have to realize that this os will take at least 2 days before they can consider is a viable release. This will ensure that memory leaks and os issues are in fact resolved. Also note that once one does upgrade to this release, that immediately after the upgrade users are reporting a good experience with the update in regards to speediness of the device. I have no doubt that this is true simply because you have loaded a new o/s, issues simply have not cropped up yet. This is no different when one re-installs or a new installation of an o/s on a pc. It is always cleaner and faster.

Keep in mind that with os .85 issues did not reveal them selves until 2-5 days after installing.

For those who do not have any issues after installing, please post what programs you are using and how heavily you are using your device. My hunch is those who do not have issues are simply not power users like most of us here.
I do feel that I am a power user of my BB. Here is what I am running on it. And I have .86 installed and am connected my BES in the office. I have only 1 issue with it so far. When the battery power is low enough that the battery indicator turn yellow, I get a Sim Card Error message on the top of the screen. I am still make calls, receive emails and text and browse the internet though. So it just seems like a message that shows up but doesn't seem to be causing me any actual issues.

AP Mobile News
GMail
Google Maps
Myspace
Viigo
WeatherBug
YouTube
GPS Location assistant
Nobex
Tiltris
Aerize Alerts
Marble Trap
Rove Mobile Desktop
Nintaii
Opera Mini
Old 01-14-2009, 01:24 PM   #65
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????

I still have not had any issues at all with my device on .86, I have not experienced the continuous blinking blue light issue either. I have the following installed that I use regularly.

-Talk Lock
-Peek A Who
-Facebook
-GTalk
-AP News
-Google Sync
-You Tube
Old 01-14-2009, 01:44 PM   #66
rpjohs

Have been running it for about 72 hours now without one power off/battery pull.

Still running smooth, no lock ups or freezes.

Memory leak isnt anywhere near as what it was before. Camera has some improvements, overall it operates better and a lot faster than the .75 or .85.

Lock screen issues/bugs that I was experiencing are no longer there.

Overall a good build. Touch response seems a good bit improved as well.

Good build, keep working on it!
Old 01-14-2009, 01:46 PM   #67
acole10000
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9650
Unhappy

.86 is leaking memory like a sieve, 46mb after a reboot, 12 hours later I am at 26mb. The only app I have is viigo.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:03 PM   #68
ospot

Model: 9630
Carrier: TELUS Mobility

Try removing Viigo and see what happens. I also had an issue with the prebeta release of Viigo for the storm.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #69
stormson
Thumbs Must Hurt

OK so after a full 24 hours with .86 I downgraded back to .85.

The memory leak was horrible, leaked from 50mb to 33mb in about 16 hours, using no 3rd party apps except Talk Lock.

Had major problems scrolling down in any list, required battery pull to fix.

Back on .85 and its running perfect again. Im sticking with .85 until the next release.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:07 PM   #70
datboi305

Model: 9700
PIN: 216e8182
Carrier: tmobile

its been 2 days now i havent had any problems so far and still have good memory.....no battery pulls yet!
Old 01-14-2009, 07:26 PM   #71
conazo

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post
I still have not had any issues at all with my device on .86, I have not experienced the continuous blinking blue light issue either. I have the following installed that I use regularly.

-Talk Lock
-Peek A Who
-Facebook
-GTalk
-AP News
-Google Sync
-You Tube
Buddy where can i find those applications you have on your storm, specially the youtube 1?
Old 01-14-2009, 07:31 PM   #72
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL

TalkLock - TalkLockxxx8482; (BETA) Touch Screen Lock for BlackBerry® Stormxxx8482;
Facebook - should already be on the phone, if not then http://mobile.blackberry.com
GTalk - mobile.blackberry.com
Youtube - YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Visit those links from your phone.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:32 PM   #73
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

I rolled back to .75... No real issues as I try every beta OS for a few days then roll back to the official release....

Still wish they'd allow me to disable landscape mode!!!!!!! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Kris
Old 01-14-2009, 07:50 PM   #74
zduchene

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post

-Talk Lock
-Peek A Who
-Facebook
-GTalk
-AP News
-Google Sync
-You Tube
Is Peek A Who really worth it? Especially for someone who gets a lot of emails? Thoughts...
Old 01-15-2009, 08:52 AM   #75
paulmac

Model: Storm
PIN: Ask

One issue I have noticed with .86 is that the status light seems to get wacked out at times. My storm connect to my GPS in my vehicle via blue tooth. When I turn off the GPS and leave the vehicle I have noticed the status light now cycles through the colors. It will blink blue, then green, then red, and keeps doing it until I re-boot the device.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:08 AM   #76
jskolm85
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by zduchene View Post
Is Peek A Who really worth it? Especially for someone who gets a lot of emails? Thoughts...
I was using Aerize Alerts (same thing basically) for a while. I got one of the free copies they were offering at Christmas time. I personally don't like having it with all the emails I get. I had to remove it cause it got in the way more than it actually helped me be quicker. I wish they had a 'Mark read' option or something when it pops up so I don't have to look at the quick read and then go into the messages folder still and read it again to make the indicator go away.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:40 PM   #77
Thom
Thumbs Must Hurt

Has anyone had any issues with their status LED? I am noticing after I get out of my car, my LED will remain Blue even though I am not longer connected to a Bluetooth connection. When I get a message the LED will continue to flash Red even after I clear the message. I also get a Blue / Red flashing combination with no Bluetooth connection or messages.

This is the first time I experienced this issue. I have went through all versions of the software released thus far. I am currently on .86.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:59 PM   #78
xxxmerlinxxx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT&T

Yeah the LED issue has been posted. I have the same issue.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:02 PM   #79
chris32111

Model: 7520
Carrier: verizon

please help i recieved a new refurished storm and im trying to upload the .86 but it isnt working when i click on open device manager and put in my phone and it checks for updates its doesnt show the .86 update what am i doing wrong someone help asap .75 is driving me nuts
Old 01-15-2009, 11:43 PM   #80
Andyn

Model: BOLD
Carrier: AT&T / Verizon

Went to my DM to install .86 got a warning message that I would have to wirelessly activate my BB to activate message services. I'm on BES, am I going to have to get a new PW from BES to reactivate my email? When I uploaded Official .75 I didn't receive that message. I have had NO ISSUES w/ .75 so I think I may just stick w/ it until Official Upgrades come down the pike from VZW.

www.twitter.com/SgtAndyNorris
Closed Thread