BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #21
dbornack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

IMO, the lower-speed vibrate shakes the device more noticeably.. sometimes when I'm walking I don't notice my Pearl vibrate, but I DO notice my Javelin.. While it may not semm stronger, its probebly producing a better vibration frequency to notice. Maybe just not in your experience?
Old 03-06-2009, 11:57 AM   #22
loulou1970

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile

BBlight the new version has a vibrate mode and you can adjust the length and intervals if maybe you wanna try its free as well it cud even be in one of these forums
Old 03-07-2009, 07:29 PM   #23
delmarco
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9790
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
I am having a tough time with my BlackBerry Bold. I love the device, and consider it to be a very reliable tool for me... with one exception: the vibrate strength. More often than not (many, many times a day), I don't realize I have a call coming in, or an e-mail, or text message, etc. So, I only realize that I have missed these calls hours later, which isn't good for business. What I notice happening now is that I am constantly checking my phone just to see if I have missed anything. Very annoying.

So, for those that have experience with the Bold, and that now have the Javelin, what is your experience with the vibrate strength? Do you find it better, the same, or worse than the vibrate strength of the Bold?

Thanks for any help with this.

Nope. I actually logged in here looking for solutions to the same problems with my Javelin 8900.

The vibration on the Javelin 8900 is by far the weakest I've experienced on all cellphones I've owned.

I mean the thing can be in my pants pocket when I'm driving and I wouldn't feel it at all.

The old Curve 8320 would make my leg vibrate along with it. The Javelin barely shivers.

And I'm guessing there is no way to fix or modify it to vibrate harder?

Old 05-07-2009, 08:03 PM   #24
danweiss3

Model: bold
Carrier: att

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinge View Post
So, for those that have experience with the Bold, and that now have the Javelin, what is your experience with the vibrate strength? Do you find it better, the same, or worse than the vibrate strength of the Bold?

Thanks for any help with this.
I never heard of a Javelin. But Since I've had my Bold for about 3 weeks now,I've been complaining and emailing the hell out of the idiots at RIM about the weakness of the vibrate settings on this crapy device. And I don't mean the Bold is crapy, just the vibrate settings. I can't even feel the phone vibe when it's in my pocket and I'm sitting still. The phone with the best vibrate that I recently switched from was the motorola Q9h. I wish I could show everyone that compalins about the bold vibrate how strong the moto Q is. The phone rang and vibed at the same time. Not like the stupid vibrate 1st and ring 2nd settings on all blackberrys. It was the same for text,email and mms messages. I preffer the motorola for a phone, and the Bold for email and internet. I'm emailing RIM every chance I get, usually everytime I miss a phone call or text message because of the crapy vibrate alert. I'm going to let them know every single minute how pissed off I am with their lack of vibrate strength. I work in an office, and I can't have the sound on. So I miss everything. And the Buzzme application that makes the Bold vibrate and ring at the same time is useless, because you can't feel it.[/QUOTE]
I'm in the same boat as you - I can't have the ringer on at work and the bold vibrate is too weak to feel. Has there been any fixes yet?
Old 05-07-2009, 08:05 PM   #25
danweiss3

Model: bold
Carrier: att
Default Bold vibrate is weak. Any repairs or fixes yet? Please help!!

I can't have ringer on in the office and miss my calls because the bold vibrate is too weak. Are there any fixes?? Thanks.
Closed Thread