Old 02-19-2009, 02:37 AM   #1
Daveftw
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus Mobility

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted

Well ill share my story of how it took me 5 phones and 30 days to get one that worked.

I bought my first curve on jan 20. Then it started dropping calls, so I got a new one. Then it started randomly rebooting. Took it back and got a storm. The storm is a very nice unit, great construction and pleasing to surf the interbet with and watch movies but that's where the buck stopped. I had pro lems with it locking itself in landscape mode requiring a battery pull 12+ times a day. Then it started to get really slow and laggy and soon after the touch screen stopped responding. I took it back and got another curve, my 3rd one and like the others seemed fine, the keyboard on all 3 might I add wiggled around loosely when u shuffled them with the thumbs and then the leather holster I was using is very loose, the phone slid right out and the keyboard stopped working. Today was day 30 of my return period and I was stressing at the fact that I wouldn't be able to replace it, but luckily they let me seeing as how I've had nothing but problems so far. So this is curve 4 I'm typing on and the keys don't slide around and it has a more durable feel to it than the other ones.

That's my story. I also got to keep the headphones and memory card from my storm as consolation for my headaches. 8gb card and pimp headphones is a nice bonus!!!

Point of my story? Treat your reps nice and be calm it will go a long way. Plus the girl I was dealing with knows my phone number off by heart now and was a pleasure to talk to, and look at.

+1 for pam at sunridge future shop, wish I could take her out for dinner! Lol
Old 02-19-2009, 08:13 AM   #2
littleman
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att

Wirelessly posted

Did you ask about dinner?
Old 02-19-2009, 11:05 AM   #3
Trimix
BlackBerry Master

Model: 8320
PIN: infarina
Carrier: of alotta bacteria

Wirelessly posted

Wow that's a lot of phones in a short amount of time. What are the odds of that?

Are you sure you weren't just trying to find an excuse to see this lady?

Looks like being calm and patient paid off. Always good to have.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
BeefyBeefo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted (VZW 8830)

Being friendly and known by your wireless reps is always a good thing. That's still a surprising story though. I love my curve and have since day one. I wouldn't mind a bold, but I'm not leaving Verizon.

-Jeff-
Closed Thread