wu-wei
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: A GADDA DA VIDA
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSO View Post
Thank you. Finally, I learn, from you (not Empower support), what the problem may be.

Even more interesting/perplexing, when I resend the identical emails to each of my two email accounts using Empower, I can view the email with the Empower formatting visible (along with the icon for the attachment etc), but the menu button doesn’t work so I can’t open the attachment, or do anything else for that matter.

What do you think?

And for what it's worth, I agree that BBSmart/Empower offers more options, better views etc., than BB HTML and thus am still going to use the 3rd pty app, that is assuming I can get one of them to work.
Again thanks
For what it's worth, I've always been very happy with Ani's response time and dedication to resolving issues. Sorry to hear you're hitting sangs. Maybe he's busy grinding out all the bugs that the 4.5 OS and the new 2.5 BIS are causing.

I have also noticed that I cannot get a functioning menu key when viewing any message with an attachment in EMV. Very odd.

I'm going to hang tight and wait for a new version. Like I said, Ani's performance has always been very good in my opinion.

And yes, EMV should be automatically loading images inline when you view messages - sometimes with a slight delay as they're downloaded.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:47 PM   #22
CSO
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu-wei View Post
For what it's worth, I've always been very happy with Ani's response time and dedication to resolving issues. Sorry to hear you're hitting sangs. Maybe he's busy grinding out all the bugs that the 4.5 OS and the new 2.5 BIS are causing.

I have also noticed that I cannot get a functioning menu key when viewing any message with an attachment in EMV. Very odd.

I'm going to hang tight and wait for a new version. Like I said, Ani's performance has always been very good in my opinion.

And yes, EMV should be automatically loading images inline when you view messages - sometimes with a slight delay as they're downloaded.
Well, I finally got a response. They appologized for not responding more quickly etc. However, there was no response to the multiple issues I raised; just the appology. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and wait some more. (By the way, who is Ani?). And I appreciate your posts/responses as now I know I'm not losing it and the problems I'm experiencing aren't specific to me.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:37 PM   #23
wu-wei
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: A GADDA DA VIDA
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8800)

Ani is the lead developer at Empower, and usually the one to announce new versions here.

It stands to reason, the more I think about it, that the BIS upgrade would also alter the way attachments are delivered (since one of the big points was native format attachment handling). I'm confident once the folks at Empower get a handle on the new ways data is coming down from the BIS servers, the new versions will set it all right again.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:55 AM   #24
tornadodivine
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2

Just wanted to say I'm also having the blank screen problem. I'm on Empower 3.0.70.7 and have just changed my email settings to no HTML so will see how it goes.

Love the idea of HTML email from the BIS, however O2 don't include in their data bundle anything that's sent via the mobileweb APN. Unfortunately this is the only one that seems to work with 'get image' as the o2wap APN is too slow. That's why I will be sticking with Empower..