Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 10:15 PM   #1
mreg

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default I screwed up Curve Mac iCal syncing

Please Login to Remove!

I don't know what I did, but I must have dome SOMETHING to either my new Curve or my Mac -- BOTH Pocketmac AND Missing Sync seem to work fine, but they don't actually sync my calendar anymore -- changes to my calendar either on my Blackberry or in iCal are ignored. Address book syncing is fine. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?? Thanks.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:14 AM   #2
alexmarsh

Model: 8820
Carrier: Orange

I'm a newcomer to this, but as far as I know you shouldn't have missing sync and pocket mac on the computer at the same time so try uninstalling pocket mac (as Missing sync is better) first. Then check the settings in the missing sync main window for the calendar section. Under the column "Next sync Action" it should say "Synchronize events in all calendars"

It may also be worth getting everything right on ical and changing the next sync action to "overwrite handheld with desktop data on next sync only" so that it overwrites the phone just that once to make sure they're exactly the same

Good luck

Last edited by alexmarsh; 07-13-2008 at 05:18 AM..
Old 07-13-2008, 06:36 AM   #3
mreg

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmarsh View Post
I'm a newcomer to this, but as far as I know you shouldn't have missing sync and pocket mac on the computer at the same time so try uninstalling pocket mac (as Missing sync is better) first. Then check the settings in the missing sync main window for the calendar section. Under the column "Next sync Action" it should say "Synchronize events in all calendars"

It may also be worth getting everything right on ical and changing the next sync action to "overwrite handheld with desktop data on next sync only" so that it overwrites the phone just that once to make sure they're exactly the same

Good luck
Did all that. The two sync programs were never installed at the same time. And each sync program works perfectly on all applications except for new iCal events. Since I have the same problem with both sync programs, it's apparently a configuration issue with either the Mac or the Blackberry. I just can't figure out what it is.

Unfortunately this is a dealbreaker for me. If I can't figure this out by the time my 30 days runs, the Blackberry goes back. And it doesn't look good for figuring it out, as Blackberry's support for the Mac is virtually non-existent.

Last edited by mreg; 07-13-2008 at 06:39 AM..
Closed Thread