Old 07-16-2008, 02:22 PM   #1
SharifTK
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Proper Email Setup

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All,

I have two email accounts I am trying to setup on my 8700c on T-Mobile. One is a standard gmail account, and the other is a account hosted on gmail's apps (private domain).

What would be the best way to configure these on my account (with BIS) so they are properly synced on the gmail interface, sent messages, drafts, etc...
Old 07-16-2008, 02:36 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Both should be simply configured via your BIS site... Nothing complicated, just the email address and the password are needed.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:39 PM   #3
SharifTK
Thumbs Must Hurt

So will I get messages as soon as I get them in gmail? If I read a message, will it show up read in gmail? What about copies of my sent mail?

Thanks so much.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:46 PM   #4
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Sent mail from the BB will not reconcile to the Webmail... you will need to Auto BCC those, set it up in your BIS account.

"Read" receipts do reconcile. Fast from the HH the Gmail account, slower from the Gmail account to the HH.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:55 PM   #5
noelstrom
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Am I to understand that the default set up is now IMAP? So if I have IMAP enabled, and POP disabled, and add GMAIL through BIS, it will auto set up for the IMAP server? And if all of that is true, is IMAP still polled, or is it now true push?
Old 07-16-2008, 07:36 PM   #6
SharifTK
Thumbs Must Hurt

JSanders, thanks for clarifying... I guess the right way to do this is:
- Auto BCC all sent mail to my @gmail.com account
- Setup a filter in gmail to push messages where my account is the "From" account to archive in sent messages...
- Filter in BIS to not download these forwarded messages

Sound good?
Old 07-16-2008, 10:33 PM   #7
Slavka

Model: 8830
PIN: 32C673A6

You know, i have exact same setup: one normal GMail account and one hosted with Google Apps (with my own domain name). Oh, i also have a BES account from work (it is a work berry after all).

What i found is instead of setting them both up via BIS and having all the messages show up in the main Messages folder mixed with the work e-mails (even though each of the GMails gets its own Mail folder too) - i just downloaded the free Google mail applications: the RED envelope for the regular GMail and the BLUE envelope for the Google Apps hosted account.
So this way all my mail is separated. Delivery is quick. Both apps are always running in the background. Alerts are configurable via the profiles.

Even though you can set them both up via BIS (using IMAP or POP3), i still like this setup better because of the separate mailboxes. Not sure if i gain any additional security as far as BES being able to monitor my personal mails, but if i did - then its also an added bonus...

Just my .02 c.

Sal.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:19 AM   #8
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

It seems reads from the BB on my gmail accounts are now not getting recognized in the web interface. I know it worked before (not instant like Yahoo) and I can see the BB sending data (arrows flash) when I read on the BB. Anyone else see this?
Closed Thread