Old 08-06-2008, 08:42 PM   #1
Sissie
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Alltel
Question SureType Question

Please Login to Remove!

I'm really not trying to be a smart alleck here, but I'm wondering what the advantage of using SureType is. It seems to slow me down tremendously and it drives me crazy! And I do know how to change the input language and have mine set to multitap. I'm honestly wondering what I'm missing.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:45 PM   #2
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

It helps you type faster since you only need to press half the keys to type words. It also learns from you and adds more and more words to the Custom Dictionary. This may help:

SureType - Learn To Love It | BlackBerryNews.com
Old 08-06-2008, 09:57 PM   #3
Trimix
BlackBerry Master

Model: 8320
PIN: infarina
Carrier: of alotta bacteria

It's like on the "old cell phones" -- the T9 input is just faster than having to use the "multi-tap" method.

In any case if you really want to switch to multi-tap, just go to Options>Language>Input to change it.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:26 AM   #4
david9962000
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9360
Carrier: at&t

Use Suretype for a week and you will like it.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:41 PM   #5
joser89
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
Carrier: sprint/ Nextel

Wirelessly posted

You just need to get used to it and you will be like nothing to you its kind of frustrating in the beginning but once you get used to it you will like it good luck and don't get too frustrated

Last edited by joser89; 08-07-2008 at 10:43 PM..
Old 08-08-2008, 10:56 AM   #6
bbpearlflint
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: T of Guinness please
Carrier: verizon

I think I would disagree with the lot... I'm not a fan of suretype. Depending on what you are typing and how you are messaging, it may be faster but frequently I find that I have to continually erase the word to convince the phone of what I want to type.

I've had a HORRIBLE time with my pearl and messaging. So much so that I am getting a curve sent from Verizon as we speak. I've gone through three pearls in the last two months, all because when I type I constantly get an input error and then whatever I am typing, whether its an email, text/pin or using bb messanger. The only explaination that one Verizon rep gave me was that I use the phone for all of it's features, so much so that it can't handle it. I'm sure that RIM would love to hear that!!!

Anyway, it really does depend on what you are typing. If you mainly type text/pin messages and they aren't that long or you use bb messanger, you could probably be just as happy with multitap as most are with suretap.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:59 AM   #7
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbpearlflint View Post
I think I would disagree with the lot... I'm not a fan of suretype. Depending on what you are typing and how you are messaging, it may be faster but frequently I find that I have to continually erase the word to convince the phone of what I want to type.

I've had a HORRIBLE time with my pearl and messaging. So much so that I am getting a curve sent from Verizon as we speak. I've gone through three pearls in the last two months, all because when I type I constantly get an input error and then whatever I am typing, whether its an email, text/pin or using bb messanger. The only explaination that one Verizon rep gave me was that I use the phone for all of it's features, so much so that it can't handle it. I'm sure that RIM would love to hear that!!!

Anyway, it really does depend on what you are typing. If you mainly type text/pin messages and they aren't that long or you use bb messanger, you could probably be just as happy with multitap as most are with suretap.

Sounds more like defective devices or OS's than a SureType issue (I had input errors a lot on my 8130).

That being said, SureType is not for everyone. Just like people like to drive cars vs. SUVs and such. What works for one person may not work for another.

I currently have Curve a love it...keyboard and all.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:39 PM   #8
Lokheed
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by david9962000 View Post
Use Suretype for a week and you will like it.
I fell in love instantly, and I was never a fan of T9 (always used multi-tap on my previous phones).
Closed Thread