BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 09:02 AM   #1
dabrooks

Model: 7100G
Question BlackBerry Message list questions - synchronization

Please Login to Remove!

I have a question about the functionality of the message list, and what my expectations were when I got the BlackBerry. I hope someone here can shed some light on how to get where I want to be.

My company has BES server and we use Outlook 2003 email client.

My question relates to synchronization of messages. My expectation for the BlackBerry was that Outlook and my 7100G would synchronize the message list on the handheld. The only messages I want on my handheld are those in the folders that I have selected in the desktop manager to synchronize. I have absolutely no need to have messages from two weeks ago in my message list on the handheld, unless the message still exists in my inbox in Outlook.

I have had several suggestions. One suggestion was to manually delete message from the message list on the handheld. That doesn't work because I am not going to spend my time manually deleting messages, when the sync should work in the first place. Another suggestion was to have the handheld set to delete messages that are moer than 7 days old. That doesn't work either because I keep "to-do" emails in my inbox that sometimes are over a month old.

Are there specific settings that need to be set in order to accomplish this? Am I alone in expecting this type of synchronization?

Thanks for the help!
dave
Old 09-30-2005, 07:35 PM   #2
hondacrvaz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: Cingular/at&t
Angry

I also have the same exact question I've researched the manuals and websites and I've come to the following conclusion:

BES is just a PUSH EMAIL system otherwords fire and forget which really sucks.

I'm heading back to my Treo we also run Sprint Business Connection software which works like BES except I get true sync with email and I can even view our GAL from Exchange. I don't have time to delete 200 messages a day and phone logs when I remove a email from my inbox at the office the phone is automatically syncd up and ready to go. It's really disappointing but I'm looking forward to the Treo 700 once it's out.

Here is the link for the Sprint Biz Connect software:

http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...prise_tabB.jsp

Also why can't you set the message filter to just diplay your email without having to do a + i everytime?
Closed Thread