cl2ysta1

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk.dinis View Post
Wirelessly posted (Sex Machine)

Verizon is THE most perfectly evil company. They treat their customers like criminals. I'm not sure about BB's, but you can't use your own MP3s and use them as ringtones unless you go through some horrendous hoops, you can't use non-Verizon approved software (GPS, etc...), and their EULA is draconian.
But they have done such an amazing job with their marketing that everyone (statistically speaking) believes that they have THE best network. For 90% of the people using VZW, they are doing a great job. Because that 90% doesn't know what they're missing, primarily because they just aren't informed enough.

Bah! I have two types of clients: tech savvy and tech retarded. For the savvy set I always tell them to skip VZW if at all possible and for the other set I tell then to go with whomever has the (actual not perceived) best coverage.

Cheers!

Myk

I used to have a chocolate and had to download all of verizons own ringers. now that I have a curve I can put whatever ringers I want on my phone. GREAT!
Old 09-03-2008, 05:28 AM   #22
johnnyrichter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8530
PIN: <Status<Options

I've had Alltel for about 4 years now, prior to that I was a Verizon customer.

In all honesty, Alltel was amazing until recently with all this Verizon merger crap going on. Now I have the techs at Alltel literally yelling at me about how I use my net, and how they're going to start firewalling all the stuff I access on my pc(using pearl paired to pc via bluetooth, for net access). I was told...word for word..."Our internet is meant for browsing and e-mail, NOT FOR DOWNLOADING AND STREAMING STUFF!. We're going to start blocking ports to the things you're using, because you kids are ruining our data network by eating up all the bandwidth". Seriously, wtf? Do I not pay them enough each month?

They also informed me that Alltel customers will soon no longer be able to use 3rd party mp3s on their phones, and won't be able to bluetooth them either. Haven't seen this yet, but I'm sure it will happen sooner or later.

Looks like we're heading back to that time where a cell phone was just a cell phone.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #23
cartiel
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: ask me
Carrier: Sprint
Default bandwidth-smandwidth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrichter View Post
I've had Alltel for about 4 years now, prior to that I was a Verizon customer.

In all honesty, Alltel was amazing until recently with all this Verizon merger crap going on. Now I have the techs at Alltel literally yelling at me about how I use my net, and how they're going to start firewalling all the stuff I access on my pc(using pearl paired to pc via bluetooth, for net access). I was told...word for word..."Our internet is meant for browsing and e-mail, NOT FOR DOWNLOADING AND STREAMING STUFF!. We're going to start blocking ports to the things you're using, because you kids are ruining our data network by eating up all the bandwidth". Seriously, wtf? Do I not pay them enough each month?

They also informed me that Alltel customers will soon no longer be able to use 3rd party mp3s on their phones, and won't be able to bluetooth them either. Haven't seen this yet, but I'm sure it will happen sooner or later.

Looks like we're heading back to that time where a cell phone was just a cell phone.
Why do they even offer a media file if the carriers capacity can't handle it. I think verizon has completely cut me out of internet videos and I've only downloaded one lousy song from you tube; my media file is practicly useless. When will these phone carriers get it right!?! Don't offer something that you can't back - if bandwidth is an obstacle then don't offer a phone with a media file to play videos and things of the sort if its just going to remain idle. Now the only thing I can get into is the lousy TMC - I don't give a sh*t about celebrity news and the paparasi - I want my Mtv-lol
Old 09-14-2008, 01:40 PM   #24
Johnny909

Model: 8310
PIN: Worms
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny909 View Post
The best carrier: USS Nimitz (CVN 68)

Any questions?
Old 09-14-2008, 02:00 PM   #25
GXX
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: VZW

I've been on Sprint, Tmob, and now VZW. The best coverage for me is hands down VZW. I also like that when I call VZW for anything, I get someone on the phone within two minutes.

Now in regards to your phone troubles, yes, you need to send it back within 10 days. They tell you that when you ask for a replacement.

You may have gone at it the wrong way though. My Curve one day decided to up and die with a white screen. I went to a local corporate owned VZW shop and asked for a replacement. The first thing they always tell you is that you have to call a number and they will ship you a replacement phone.

Due to this phone being my work phone, this was not acceptable. They kept telling me they do not give replacements on Curves at any stores. I just asked for a manager and laid it out to her as this being ridiculous since my phone was barely two months old. About 5 minutes later they were unpacking a new one for me. Calling for a replacement should be a last resort in my opinion. My work revolves around communication, so having no phone can be detrimental
Old 09-15-2008, 01:45 PM   #26
betterlate1

Model: 8900
PIN: 20F3519A
Carrier: Non-Smoking AT&T

Don't know if it matters to you but when I travel to Canada, Verizon is expensive. AT&T is reasonable. CS issues were handled well by both. Never had reception problems in North America except for once in Canada with Verizon over a 11 year period.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:29 AM   #27
RNCCRN9706
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9650

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXX View Post
I've been on Sprint, Tmob, and now VZW. The best coverage for me is hands down VZW.
I've had Cellular One(now merged with AT&T), Sprint, Verizon, Sprint, Verizon and now Alltel(which will soon be Verizon :( ). In my area, I've gotten the BEST coverage with Verizon. Alltel is pretty good too and I expect them to be even better once the merger is complete.

TMo gets spotty reception in my area as does AT&T.

I think CS with all the carriers is dismal at times....guess it depends on the CSR.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:31 AM   #28
silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickfromIL View Post
I have Verizon for the fact that they have the best coverage in my area. If you ask the right people, you will get horrible reviews on any carriers CSRs. For me it comes down to coverage, and I am willing to deal with "ok" customer support to know that I will have coverage everywhere I need it.

I second that! Of course so far verizon's customer service has been good to me.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #29
disceptre

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

they all suck IMO
Old 10-18-2008, 04:56 AM   #30
cartiel
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: ask me
Carrier: Sprint
Default welcome to my curve

Well people I made the switch! I'm more than satisified with sprints set-up and the pricing plan isn't just affordable, its a few dollars cheaper, with an unlimited plan that is out of this world! Did I mention satelite TV and radio? As for the Sprint representative that helped to set up my account: not only did he have me out of there a little shy of 45 mins, he left me with his personal cell number (his card wasn't available) just if I had any aditional questions about the phone or the services that sprint would offer (like online purchases with out the hassel of a debit/credit card).
My phone is still new so I haven't found a reason to need assistance from any "cs" rep., but I'm pretty confident that they can get the job done.
Thanks again Sprint!
Old 10-19-2008, 01:09 PM   #31
wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

imo from dealing with both verizon and att both offer the same in cust support. i had problems with vz and they took more then one phone call to resolve, same with att, overall they beat nextel or sprint cust svc, cant speak for tmobile never had them.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:33 PM   #32
Moov

Model: 8300
Carrier: at&t

Just moved to verizon because of Storm.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:07 AM   #33
nicholaaaas
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8350i
PIN: 4025DF23
Carrier: Nextel

Nextel!!!!!!!

sike
Old 01-31-2009, 12:21 AM   #34
Arcangel

Model: APPLE
Carrier: AT&T white 32G iPhone 3GS

I personally LOVE AT&T but with the huge discounts I am receiving on Verizon now it would be idiotic to not use there service. For a comparable plan 90 a month on At&t I am paying 65 on VZW so I made the sacrifice and left my beloved At&t.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:47 AM   #35
SpectreBlofeld

Model: 9630

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartiel View Post
For the short time that I have been a verizon customer I have not been satisfied with their customer service reps.
I had to order a warranty replacement model,due to a faulty trackball,and the service rep. failed to mention that the faulty model had to be delivered back to the warehouse within 10 days,or there would be a charge during the next billing period. With that being said,I'm standing in line at a local verizon store waiting for a customer service rep. to help me through this dilemma; no luck. The best that the girl could do,before explaining to me that she was not officially a customer service representative, was to redirect me with a phone number that I could call to get in touch with a verizon customer service rep., while standing at the counter of my local verizon outlet-arrgh.
So my question to you is - who is your carrier, and do you think they're doing a good job?
I've been thinking about switching my service over to another phone carrier and thought I would get some feedback on to who might be the best decision.
- your blackberry friend
Feel free to use this thread to share any of your rants about the carrier you're on,or any similar experience you might have had.
I'm a Verizon rep, and if you had dealt with me, I would've had a notation added to your account that said your old phone was on the way back in, and your charges would be waived as soon as it was received. Please don't think poorly of the whole organization because of one lazy rep.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:50 AM   #36
SpectreBlofeld

Model: 9630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny909 View Post
The best carrier: USS Nimitz (CVN 68)

Any questions?
You just turned my nose into the world's first sake fountain.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:44 AM   #37
ScottRPriester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: STORM
Carrier: VERIZON WIRELESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk.dinis View Post
Sprint has THE worst CSR's in the biz, and their stores eat mung! I walked into one the other day to look at a holster for my 8310 and I had to wait in line for a sales rep to become available, like I was in some sort of upscale boutique... I left after about 4 seconds... No one makes me wait for me to spend my money...
Well well well, "NO ONE MAKES ME WAIT FOR ME TO SPEND MY MONEY", and just what makes you any more important?

Shop online
Old 01-31-2009, 02:40 PM   #38
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

As stated before by my man ezrunner:

The best carrier is the one that works best for you!

/thread.

Last edited by dc/dc; 01-31-2009 at 02:42 PM..
Closed Thread