Old 10-02-2008, 05:38 AM   #161
pongee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
PIN: 2559B117
Carrier: Maxis

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted (7100g)

AFAIK you can only get them directly from the celco's which means Maxis centres or Blue Cubes. I would try and give them a call to determine availibity, though given the experience we've had on this board YMMV. Good luck.

Cheers,

P.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:27 AM   #162
s16ri

Carrier: Celcom & Maxis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tigers View Post
any one knows where I can get them locally. Don't really want to order from overseas. Want instant gratification! .
TIA
p.s browsed in Low Yat did not find anything for the BOLD. Not surprised lah. Blackberry is not mainstream consumer....yet.
Try soleenstrategies.com/products
Old 10-02-2008, 08:42 AM   #163
pongee
Thumbs Must Hurt

I believe they only the accessories.

Cheers,

P.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:58 AM   #164
2tigers

Model: BOLD
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Maxis=>Celcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by s16ri View Post
Try soleenstrategies.com/products
They don't sell direct and I think I read somewhere that they are still negotiating with some local resellers. Hopefully they can chime in at let us know what has been firmed up. Hope I can hold on and maybe just order from Ebay or something
Old 10-02-2008, 10:07 AM   #165
Zach-MY
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700

Quote:
They don't sell direct and I think I read somewhere that they are still negotiating with some local resellers. Hopefully they can chime in at let us know what has been firmed up. Hope I can hold on and maybe just order from Ebay or something
Nothing locally, I just order my charging pod last week thru ebay... should be here next week or so I hope.

If you order original from Blackberry.com, they generally send from Singapore which will be here in 3 days. But most item wouldn't be available until mid Oct.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:00 PM   #166
2tigers

Carrier: Maxis=>Celcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach-MY View Post
Nothing locally, I just order my charging pod last week thru ebay... should be here next week or so I hope.

If you order original from Blackberry.com, they generally send from Singapore which will be here in 3 days. But most item wouldn't be available until mid Oct.
Thanks for the heads up. The official blackberry prices are horrendously high. Which ebay seller did you order from?
Old 10-03-2008, 12:33 AM   #167
Zach-MY

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. The official blackberry prices are horrendously high. Which ebay seller did you order from?

myworld dot ebay dot com shopalmostfree
Old 10-03-2008, 03:33 AM   #168
othernet
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: MOX

OK, I upgraded to v 4.6.162. Took the plunge since v 4.6.147 wasn't that great with memory leaks and bad 3G connection. Only difference so far is the "Instant Messaging" folder, but with nothing new inside the folder.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:40 AM   #169
antnine

anyone tried Garmin GPS on this device? I'm currently using Samsung Omnia and tempted to change to Bold. Any good reasons that can lure me over to the bandwagon? Though camera is obvious defeat. I would just like to know, is running Garmin good?
Old 10-03-2008, 07:56 AM   #170
Zach-MY

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnine View Post
anyone tried Garmin GPS on this device? I'm currently using Samsung Omnia and tempted to change to Bold. Any good reasons that can lure me over to the bandwagon? Though camera is obvious defeat. I would just like to know, is running Garmin good?
Tried Garmin, Garmin for BB is not the same as what you had with the Samsung WM mobile base device, on BB the maps is from garmin server and not stored on the device, and they currently does not support outside of north america. you can download garmin for trial but there is no map even when you get the satelite signal. And you will have to pay data wile you travel outside of Malaysia. Hope this help.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:28 AM   #171
antnine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach-MY View Post
Tried Garmin, Garmin for BB is not the same as what you had with the Samsung WM mobile base device, on BB the maps is from garmin server and not stored on the device, and they currently does not support outside of north america. you can download garmin for trial but there is no map even when you get the satelite signal. And you will have to pay data wile you travel outside of Malaysia. Hope this help.
does this mean that this is not suitable for me? meaning Garmin can't be use. Is there any "way" I can get GPS into the Bold? The looks really kills...but I'm still stuck with the Omnia...really having sleepless night thinking bout it...
Old 10-03-2008, 08:33 AM   #172
Zach-MY

Quote:
does this mean that this is not suitable for me? meaning Garmin can't be use. Is there any "way" I can get GPS into the Bold? The looks really kills...but I'm still stuck with the Omnia...really having sleepless night thinking bout it...
The GPS is build in, you can use google map, but it wouldn't route for you in Malaysia.

I had a separate Garmin Nuvi ...
Old 10-03-2008, 08:35 AM   #173
pongee
Thumbs Must Hurt

The device comes preloaded with BB Maps. Only thing is the maps aren't the most up-to-date. And you will incur data usage as the maps are on-line.

Cheers,

P.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:44 PM   #174
antnine

i'm looking for Cr**K for the garmin...haha...sorry if that is not permitted to say here as well...sorry sorry...just trying my luck...
Old 10-04-2008, 08:31 AM   #175
illuminati

Carrier: Celcom & Maxis

Quote:
Hi there,

A range of original BlackBerry accessories will be available at selected Blue Cube outlets in the next few weeks. We have no control over what they choose to carry but please make your requirements known to them so they will be persuaded to order. We will of course give our advise as to what products we think will be in demand.

We are also exploring other retail options and hope to put them into effect soon

Baha
Old 10-05-2008, 03:37 AM   #176
lostangel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:

When I had my Curve 6 months ago, I had the Nav4All installed on it. It was a great GPS application and their maps are updated twiced yearly. At the time, it was free until 2010. I am not sure if they have it for Bold, but you can try, I guess...

I just found the GPS not relevant for me living in a small country like Malaysia...I mean, how difficult can it POSSIBLY be to find a street or place in this country..??

I am also a Singapore PR, so I am pretty alright with the roads there, so there is not really a need for GPS for me.....

for me..

Give the Nav4All a shot and let us know how it goes..

cheers
Old 10-05-2008, 04:11 AM   #177
othernet
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: MOX

I find Google Maps much better and faster than BB Maps. The GPS lock on is also significantly faster!
Old 10-07-2008, 12:41 PM   #178
azrizal

Model: Storm
PIN: 20CCA68A

Hi all proud BB or BB Bold owners! Let's build Malaysia's first BB (or BB Bold) community by listing your names and pin exchange here for a start (or maybe a BB/BBB gathering in the future). Wanna?
Old 10-07-2008, 07:22 PM   #179
Ikurtmal

Model: 9K
PIN: 25587317
Carrier: Celcom MY

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrizal View Post
Hi all proud BB or BB Bold owners! Let's build Malaysia's first BB (or BB Bold) community by listing your names and pin exchange here for a start (or maybe a BB/BBB gathering in the future). Wanna?
Yep aggreed with Azrizal idea! We are should be a pioneer community on the Bold BB.

Put me first..!

Name : Ikurtmal
PIN: 25587317

BOLDicted!
Old 10-07-2008, 08:27 PM   #180
jaui
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: Celcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminati View Post
Hi there,

A range of original BlackBerry accessories will be available at selected Blue Cube outlets in the next few weeks. We have no control over what they choose to carry but please make your requirements known to them so they will be persuaded to order. We will of course give our advise as to what products we think will be in demand.

We are also exploring other retail options and hope to put them into effect soon

Baha
that's good to know... the only accessory that i think I need for the Bold is the charging dock and maybe an extra travel adaptor... perhaps one of those nifty rechargeable chargers would be useful too so I don't need to worry about the constantly draining battery life!! haha...
Closed Thread