Old 08-30-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
InnerGeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t
Default Enterprise Activation

Please Login to Remove!

So everything was moving smoothly transferring to my Bold. However, my Enterprise Activation seems to have stalled out at 11%.

Any thoughts on what could be the cause? Emails are coming and going, my calendar linked, but that is as far as it got.

Thanks
Old 08-30-2008, 06:26 PM   #2
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Try to restart the EA process by deleting and undeleting the service book.

Go to settings/options->Advanced Options->Service Books and select the Desktop [Sync] service book; Click the menu button and select delete.

Wait a little while, then press the Menu key and select undelete. This should restard the EA process.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:14 PM   #3
InnerGeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks for the advice, I gave it a try and it is still hanging at 11%. I am starting to think this will be something I will have to get the BES guys working on when back in the office.

Anyone else have any ideas on the cause/solution?
Old 08-31-2008, 01:47 PM   #4
acnst
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: not configured
Carrier: T-Mobile

When you open the Enterprise Activation, you see a list of data the BB is synching. At which one is the BB stuck? You should also search for "11% Enterprise Activation" at BlackBerry Technical Solution Center.

for Microsoft Exchange

Old 09-03-2008, 04:29 PM   #5
InnerGeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well it is now Wednesday and I am still at 11%. It hangs right after calendar completes. I checked with ATT tech support and there is nothing they see on their end. I have a ticket open with my corporate IT so hopefully tomorrow morning they will be able to source out the problem.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:32 PM   #6
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Is this a first-time activation for this unit on that BES? If not, it may help to delete the entry and add it again on the BES. I've seen ginormous call logs trying to sync from the BES backup to the device for a re-activation and I've seen that kill an EA as well.

Edit: For a Re-EA, I've seen inexplicable freezes when trying to activate a new model on the BES for a user who's upgrading from a different model too. Ultimately I've found it easier to use the switch device wizard, delete the BES entry and add the user again, then EA.

Last edited by CO_BBTechie; 09-03-2008 at 04:34 PM..
Old 09-03-2008, 04:34 PM   #7
InnerGeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well I have made multiple attempts over the last 5 days, but yes this would be the first time this unit has/will connect to my BES.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:36 PM   #8
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerGeek View Post
Well I have made multiple attempts over the last 5 days, but yes this would be the first time this unit has/will connect to my BES.
So will this effectively change the model that your name is associated with on the BES? This might be the hanging point... and it might not. If it's easy for you to have IT delete you from the BES so you can come in looking like a new tourist, that may help.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:48 PM   #9
InnerGeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yes, I am coming from an 8820. Hopefully the tech will be aware of delete re-add solution, I guess I will know tomorrow.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:00 PM   #10
InnerGeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wooohoooo!! So after 6 days of frustratingly wondering why my activation was held up at 11%, IT came to the rescue. The solution was to delete me from the BES and then add me back on. Up and running without a hitch. I am now loving my Bold so much more.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:46 PM   #11
genuineguy

Model: 8300
Carrier: Airtel

I had similar problems for weeks.

I use lotus notes. So after 1 week of frustrating wait at 11%, here is what i did

1. Take backup of everything
2. Wipe handset clean
3. Delete all entries in contacts and groups on local address copy
4. Open the server email file, press shift/cntrl, click view, go-to, $contacts and delete everything.
5. Above steps are to ensure that the address book is clean so any issues with it do not hamper progress of the Enterprise activation
6. Bingo.... my Enterprise activation moved ahead of 11%
7. The problem is still not solved though.... as of now, it shows 56% complete, but all the services show complete, except Time Zones show initializing.
8. I have waited for 60hrs, but no luck. I did search on blackberry support, but this is a know problem and the solution is to move to Blackbery Enterprise Server 4.0 service pack 7, I checked with my IT and they confirmed that we use 4.1.4 , so the problem is somewhere else ......
9. Fortunately my email receive/send, calendar sync, address book sync works just fine... So , i do not want to tinker around the device any more...

Can someone help me understand what is the implications of the Time Zones service not completed ?

Manoj Patil
Old 10-23-2008, 12:47 PM   #12
genuineguy

Model: 8300
Carrier: Airtel

Ooops.. missed a very important part of step1 above...

1. Take backup of everything and also change the password for lotus notes through the lotus notes client. ( this was a key step)
Closed Thread