Jason Mark
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9xxx
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsedge View Post
Okay so I updated to .81 on 10/21/2008 and it looked GREAT, however I am having an issue where my phone turns off if I leave it alone for a few hours. I checked the auto on/off feature and its is disabled. Is there some other feature that I am not aware of that would cause this? I polled other users in my company who updated and they are not having the problem...
Little help?
Have you pulled the battery? If not, pull the battery for 30 seconds and replace it.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:03 PM   #182
Miguel Duharte

Model: 8320
Carrier: CLARO Peru
Cool OS 4.5 troubles

Good afternoon,
I have tried to update my 8320 v4.2.2.176 (Platform 2.5.0.34) device following the steps in the post about this issue; after following every step as indicated, I plugged the BB and opened Desktop Manager, after the normal password exchange nothing else happened.
I also tried via the Applications Loader and nothing!!!
Please help!!!
Best REgards,
Miguel Duharte
Old 10-27-2008, 07:37 PM   #183
Jason Mark
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9xxx
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Duharte View Post
Good afternoon,
I have tried to update my 8320 v4.2.2.176 (Platform 2.5.0.34) device following the steps in the post about this issue; after following every step as indicated, I plugged the BB and opened Desktop Manager, after the normal password exchange nothing else happened.
I also tried via the Applications Loader and nothing!!!
Please help!!!
Best REgards,
Miguel Duharte
Open DM>Help>About>Device Software Tab- what does it list?? Also,
It sounds as though you didn't delete the Vendor XML file. C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Applo ader and delete the file. Then Plug in device>Open DM and it should prompt you to update.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:11 PM   #184
Miguel Duharte

Carrier: CLARO Peru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Mark View Post
Open DM>Help>About>Device Software Tab- what does it list?? Also,
It sounds as though you didn't delete the Vendor XML file. C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Applo ader and delete the file. Then Plug in device>Open DM and it should prompt you to update.
Good evening Jason,
Thank yopu for your input, yes I did remove the vendor file from C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Applo ader before opening DM and conecting my BB.
I have called Claro Peru, the service provider and they have a technical support unit, the explanation received was that I have to install first the 4.2.2rel 338 for plat 2.5.0.40 and afterwards the 4.5 version.
I am trying this route to see what happens...
Best Regards and many thanks,
Miguel
Old 10-30-2008, 08:06 PM   #185
trek198521

Carrier: At&t

Please help! I just tried updating my OS on my 8320 and i followed all the steps and i was promted to upgrade when i opened desktop manger so i did. about 10 min into the update i get this error on DM saying UNABLE TO RECONNECT TO THE DEVICE DURING A MULTI-STAGE LOAD OPERATION. And the screen on my blackberry says JVM ERROR 513. Underneath it, it gives me the option to reset. i click it and it does some stuff then a min later it pops right back up on the error. i keep trying it and nothing. BTW, I'm using an unlocked 8320 on at&t network.Anyone have any ideas??
Old 10-30-2008, 08:40 PM   #186
monkeypaw
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: None
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek198521 View Post
Please help! I just tried updating my OS on my 8320 and i followed all the steps and i was promted to upgrade when i opened desktop manger so i did. about 10 min into the update i get this error on DM saying UNABLE TO RECONNECT TO THE DEVICE DURING A MULTI-STAGE LOAD OPERATION. And the screen on my blackberry says JVM ERROR 513. Underneath it, it gives me the option to reset. i click it and it does some stuff then a min later it pops right back up on the error. i keep trying it and nothing. BTW, I'm using an unlocked 8320 on at&t network.Anyone have any ideas??
You'll have to wipe with Jl_Cmdr and try again.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:22 AM   #187
blackberryblind

Carrier: tmobile

Hi guys, I need help. big time!!

I just upgraded to the new 4.5 version and for some reason i lost ALL of my contacts in the address book!! can you please tell me what might have happened there?? is there any way i can restore my contact list?

thank you thank you

Last edited by blackberryblind; 10-31-2008 at 04:24 AM..
Old 10-31-2008, 11:16 AM   #188
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackberryblind View Post
Hi guys, I need help. big time!!

I just upgraded to the new 4.5 version and for some reason i lost ALL of my contacts in the address book!! can you please tell me what might have happened there?? is there any way i can restore my contact list?

thank you thank you
I assume you backed up before you updated. Just connect to DM and restore from the backup file. Happens all the time.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:24 PM   #189
blackberryblind

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
I assume you backed up before you updated. Just connect to DM and restore from the backup file. Happens all the time.
I didn't!! I didn't know it'll format my sim card. I thought it'll just delete the applications. is there a way to retrieve the info?? thank you so much
Old 10-31-2008, 02:30 PM   #190
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

The upgrade does not touch nor format your SIM card.

Look in your address book > Menu > Filters > and UNcheck any filters that might checked.

Additionally, the upgrade would have made a backup of the device and SHOULD have loaded the address book back.

If not, go to DM > Restore > Advanced and find the address database in your LOADER backup and restore it to your BB.

Last edited by JSanders; 10-31-2008 at 02:32 PM..
Old 10-31-2008, 05:20 PM   #191
blackberryblind

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
The upgrade does not touch nor format your SIM card.

Look in your address book > Menu > Filters > and UNcheck any filters that might checked.

Additionally, the upgrade would have made a backup of the device and SHOULD have loaded the address book back.

If not, go to DM > Restore > Advanced and find the address database in your LOADER backup and restore it to your BB.
where's my loader backup? i can't find it. can you be more detailed please.. i'm brand new.. thx
Old 10-31-2008, 05:32 PM   #192
John Clark
BBF Moderator

PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (BB 11020)

Mine saves it in My Documents. YMMV
Old 10-31-2008, 05:49 PM   #193
blackberryblind

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post

Mine saves it in My Documents. YMMV
i can't find any backup file format [*.ipd] anywhere. i think i might have disconnected the bb when after the upgrade cuz it said in the DM that the update has been successful or something. that's why it didn't get to load everything back into my bb. but now i can't find the backup files. shouldn't it be in the Program File>Common Files>Research in motion folder with all the other BB stuff? i already looked into all the folders and still can't find it. help please..
Old 10-31-2008, 05:52 PM   #194
John Clark
BBF Moderator

PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Plug it in and make a manual backup. When it pops up with a location to save it by default it should be in that same location. Hopefully, you didn't unselect the automatic backup before the upgrade.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:58 PM   #195
DRZ MADMAN
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 248DCD6B
Carrier: T-Mobile

I'm doing the update right now. Does the update normally take a while? It's doing the 3rd step which is "Backup third party applications" and seems to be taking a while, been at it for about 20 minutes or so. I really don't have too many extra apps installed on my curve so I'm just wondering if this is normal or if something went wrong. Any input would be appreciated, thanks in advance
Old 11-03-2008, 03:11 PM   #196
DRZ MADMAN

PIN: 248DCD6B

On the Application Loader Wizard, as I said, it's on the 3rd step which is "Backup Third Party Applications"... there are 2 green status bars on the bottom to show how far along it's going. The top bar is about 80% or so done and has been sitting there for a WHILE reading: Retrieving module "inhand.cod" and the bottom green status bar hasn't seemed to have moved much either lately and is reading: Retrieving Wirelessly Delivered Application Modules. Is this normal or did it freeze? The computer itself hasn't froze so I'm stumped
Old 11-03-2008, 03:56 PM   #197
jacobp
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default How to install T-Mo 4.5 over Rogers 4.5

Hello. I'm a newbie, so please be gentle. I have the 8320 with T-Mobile service and installed the 4.5.0.81 that was then available from ROgers. I deleted the vendor.xml file and the install went flawlessly. I now see that T-Mobile was released its version of 4.5.0.81 and I see that most people recommend that version over the Rogers version.

I have downloaded the T-Mo version but when I plug in the Blackberry, open DM and run the Application Loader, there is no message to upgrade. I assume this is because I already have a version of 4.5.0.81 on my BB.

Is there a way to get the BB to install the T-Mobile version. Thanks.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:37 PM   #198
fwnakos

Carrier: -

can't read ROM file

I am downloading again !
Old 11-04-2008, 07:29 PM   #199
sdpnoy

Model: 8900
PIN: Cushion

I'm back to 4.2. I'm doing battery pulls at least twice a day. 14MB to start off then down to 8MB's.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:07 AM   #200
sublmnl67
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Tmobile
Default HTML Email

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
There's much more...video camera, html email, improved browser, new fonts, better wifi compatibility, UMA/Bluetooth compatibility, and much more.
Is the HTML email similar to the other apps out there that allow view the pictures instead of the HTML code? If so, I just upgraded to the TMO 4.5 and I dont see it. I only get the code. Anyone?
Closed Thread