Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 05:49 PM   #1
jsloyer

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Yet another release date

Please Login to Remove!

I can not give a concrete date but my VZW rep informed me that the phone will be out around 2 weeks from now. They are starting to give demos out to large companies and big clients.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:57 PM   #2
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsloyer View Post
I can not give a concrete date but my VZW rep informed me that the phone will be out around 2 weeks from now. They are starting to give demos out to large companies and big clients.
Then why even bother? Rumors like this do not contribute to the community IMO. Your rep will say whatever he/she needs to in order to keep you on the hook.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:21 PM   #3
jnyost
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_BBTechie View Post
Then why even bother? Rumors like this do not contribute to the community IMO. Your rep will say whatever he/she needs to in order to keep you on the hook.
Agreed.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:34 PM   #4
dhendriksen

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsloyer View Post
I don't know what defines a large company or a big client, but we have about 28,000 Verizon phones, and I would estimate 20,000+ of those are Blackberries, although we do have WM phones as well, so there may be a few less Blackberries than that. At any rate, we aren't getting any demo phones. Our rep told me the 14th when I asked him about it last week. I have heard that from a few people now, but this same guy told me the 9th about a month ago, so who the hell knows for sure.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:42 PM   #5
SH Customs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: ASK, made the mistake putting PIN here before.
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

MMMhmm,

The reps here says by the end of the month and that they should receive orders in the comings weeks. I kinda believe him, since he took my number and said he will give me a call when they can sell them...

But I am probably going to go with a Bold with ATT, since my contract is up.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:27 PM   #6
xxDruMMer BoYxx
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
PIN: PM and Ask
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH Customs View Post
MMMhmm,

The reps here says by the end of the month and that they should receive orders in the comings weeks. I kinda believe him, since he took my number and said he will give me a call when they can sell them...

But I am probably going to go with a Bold with ATT, since my contract is up.
Yet another rumor. Well,..... At least we know its looks like the release dates are.....the 9th, the 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th.......and maybe the 15th.....and the 16th and maybe, just maybe by the end of this month.

EnJOYing my TOUR!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 09:44 PM   #7
SH Customs
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: ASK, made the mistake putting PIN here before.
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDruMMer BoYxx View Post
Yet another rumor. Well,..... At least we know its looks like the release dates are.....the 9th, the 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th.......and maybe the 15th.....and the 16th and maybe, just maybe by the end of this month.
I guess when the rep said,"By the end of the month." That could and would be before then end of the month, no? Not specifically meaning at the end of the month, IDK I got the impression he was saying no latter then the end of the month... IDK, I will be waiting for the call. I may verry well stick with Veriozon with there sadly locked down GPS...

(Not that I want to use it as a dedicated GPS unit, but it would be nice when I am walking about. To mark where I took what photo's on my DSLR or something...)
Old 11-09-2008, 01:27 AM   #8
HKP7M13
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm

Local VZW Corp store told me November 23. Anyone heard this one? I went in yesterday morning and was told this. They put me on a list of people to call. I'll bet you 10 Storms they don't.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:57 AM   #9
Andyn

Model: BOLD
Carrier: AT&T / Verizon

Well, I just got a BOLD for my ATT account and eagerly await the Storm for my Verizon account.......Love the EVDO Rev A. So I'll get it when I get it........No need to fret on release date...It'll be soon and taking Wild A** Guesses won't make it happen any sooner.....So let's All relax and relish in the fact Thanksgiving is 3 weeks away and Christmas is 7 weeks away......Love this time of year.....Roll Tide Roll!!!!

www.twitter.com/SgtAndyNorris
Old 11-09-2008, 05:22 AM   #10
Donbp

Model: 9700

I had two different stores tell me the 15th. I assume that means the 14th but who knows. In any event they weren't trying to hide it or make it seem like some big secret. They just flat out said we will have it for sale on the 15th.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:42 PM   #11
DawnGP143
Knows Where the Search Button Is

I just posted this in another thread, but will post here as well:

Just came from my local Verizon Corporate owned store. The first CSR I encountered upon walking in the door told me it would be on 11/23. I asked if they had a reserve list and she directed me to another person, who MAY have been a store manager. He said there is no date set as of yet (hmmmm....strange that the first person said 11/23) but that I could get on the "5 star list". He took my information and said that he would call me when he had a date, but that this was NOT a list for a guaranteed phone. It was simply a notification of when they would be in the store. They would still be sold on a first come-first served basis.

My husband, who is not a crackberry addict, laughed and sarcastically said something about coming by that morning to see everyone in their lawn chairs lined up waiting, and the manager said "I wouldn't be surprised. This is going to be HUGE for Verizon." Guess I'll be getting up rather early that morning.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God" Matt.: 5:9

Old 11-09-2008, 08:45 PM   #12
jrsmooth
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well according to my rep (we have 10K+ BB deployed so far), the original date was 11/17, but had been pushed back to 11/24.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:04 PM   #13
matrix2004
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: 304AB5FC
Carrier: Verizon '4G COMING LATE 2009'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsmooth View Post
Well according to my rep (we have 10K+ BB deployed so far), the original date was 11/17, but had been pushed back to 11/24.
You mean 10k already sitting in stores?
Old 11-10-2008, 02:26 AM   #14
BigA

Model: iphon
PIN: Prick

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix2004 View Post
LOL!
Old 11-10-2008, 07:21 AM   #15
Donbp

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnGP143 View Post
I just posted this in another thread, but will post here as well:

Just came from my local Verizon Corporate owned store. The first CSR I encountered upon walking in the door told me it would be on 11/23. I asked if they had a reserve list and she directed me to another person, who MAY have been a store manager. He said there is no date set as of yet (hmmmm....strange that the first person said 11/23) but that I could get on the "5 star list". He took my information and said that he would call me when he had a date, but that this was NOT a list for a guaranteed phone. It was simply a notification of when they would be in the store. They would still be sold on a first come-first served basis.

My husband, who is not a crackberry addict, laughed and sarcastically said something about coming by that morning to see everyone in their lawn chairs lined up waiting, and the manager said "I wouldn't be surprised. This is going to be HUGE for Verizon." Guess I'll be getting up rather early that morning.
People were lined up for the Voyager so it's not outside the realm of possibility. That and the store opened early too.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:50 AM   #16
jrsmooth
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix2004 View Post
Sorry what I meant was that we are a relately large account, currently has 10K BB deployed, approaching 11K.

Unless the Storm is down to $30 a pop, which is what we are curretnly paying for the 8830 (should be free shortly), a mass deployment of the Storm is out of our list.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:32 AM   #17
Jason Mark
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9xxx
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsmooth View Post
Sorry what I meant was that we are a relately large account, currently has 10K BB deployed, approaching 11K.

Unless the Storm is down to $30 a pop, which is what we are curretnly paying for the 8830 (should be free shortly), a mass deployment of the Storm is out of our list.
I'm not sure if $30 is going to be possible. Alhtough something close should be achievable.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:22 AM   #18
Triforce66
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: IsSharpAndPointy
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I went to VZW yesterday, and the mgr there told me the 11/23 or 11/25, and that they will be crippling the gps and you will have to use VZNAV..
Old 11-10-2008, 11:17 AM   #19
whsbuss

Model: 9800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triforce66 View Post
I went to VZW yesterday, and the mgr there told me the 11/23 or 11/25, and that they will be crippling the gps and you will have to use VZNAV..
He/she may be right about the release dates, but not on GPS. Their internal docs that were leaked early on stated BB Maps would have access to gps. If they changed their minds, then some may decline getting one.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:33 PM   #20
Frank Castle

Model: 9930
PIN: PM Me!

I highly doubt Verzion will let this slip beyond Thanksgiving. This is their big device for the next two quarters.
Closed Thread