Price : ?
Currency :USD
Condition : 10 /10
Includes : everything

Selling Details
Willing to Ship : yes
Payment Methods : cash, paypal

Notes

Here is the deal. I bought an AT&T Bold on ebay for $569. The seller was a bad guy and sold a bunch of units with blocked PINs. Sucks. Going forward I have the option of taking a $400 refund from the seller now and walking away from the deal or going through the paypal claims process to potentially get my full $569 back at some point in the future.

If I can get more then $169, either by parting out the Bold or selling it to someone who doesnt care to use the BB features obviously it would be to my benefit to take the deal now and forgo the uncertinty of the claims process.

So:

Is there any interest in parts (LCD, battery, keyboard, housing, battery door, antenna etc)?

Any interest in the unit as a whole? Bearing in mind it can not be used with a BB data plan.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:45 AM   #2
barbwyr
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Why would you only be able to get $400 from the seller?? If he did not tell you they were blocked then he scammed you and you should fight to get your money back instead of rolling over and letting him make money off you. Follow the PayPal process.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:19 AM   #3
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

I would not try selling these. You are assuming the role of bad guy after the original bad guy because it is most likely stolen property.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:41 AM   #4
blakhart

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Fido

If you paid him with Visa through paypal, get Visa to do a chargeback on your card.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:40 PM   #5
BryanHarig
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyDBrown View Post
I would not try selling these. You are assuming the role of bad guy after the original bad guy because it is most likely stolen property.
If you or any other mod wants me to knock it off I will, but I didnt see any rule prohibiting it. I dont consider it wrong at all as I am being completely upfront with its condition.

To everyone else who posted, thank you for the advice. Is there any interest in either the parts or the unit itself?
Old 11-12-2008, 06:39 PM   #6
complexx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

I'm a little suprised that ATT won't work with you, perhaps send the stolen phone into them and receive a legit phone in return. It sounds like this was a phone that was never destined to be usable, so its not like you found it and are using it to barter.

Then again, if they aren't interested in working with you, why not part it out. ATT will re-pin it and resell at your cost... I see no reason to return it, it never had an owner.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:52 PM   #7
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by complexx View Post
I'm a little suprised that ATT won't work with you, perhaps send the stolen phone into them and receive a legit phone in return. It sounds like this was a phone that was never destined to be usable, so its not like you found it and are using it to barter.

Then again, if they aren't interested in working with you, why not part it out. ATT will re-pin it and resell at your cost... I see no reason to return it, it never had an owner.

If the PIN is blocked this unit is likely a pre-production which means it is owned by RIM and not ATT.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:08 PM   #8
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

honestly, i dont think many would buy it with a blocked pin. i would definately go with the chargeback ption through visa/paypal and get your money back
Old 11-12-2008, 10:50 PM   #9
BryanHarig
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by complexx View Post

AT&T was unwilling to help me or assist in paypal's investigation, their customer service in this case was appallingly bad.

Phone is sold pending funds, thank you all for your interest! Now that I have my money back in my pocket I think I am going to wait it out for the Javelin, I think this was a sign!
Old 11-12-2008, 11:24 PM   #10
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanHarig View Post
If you or any other mod wants me to knock it off I will, but I didnt see any rule prohibiting it. I dont consider it wrong at all as I am being completely upfront with its condition.

To everyone else who posted, thank you for the advice. Is there any interest in either the parts or the unit itself?
I am glad you are happy and got what you wanted. Because the item is sold I will close the thread.

Being upfront does not release you of responsibility. If so you would then find it okay if I posted: I stole 3 BlackBerry Curves from AT&T today, I want to sell them for $150 a piece. Bottom line is you are reselling Stolen Property.
Closed Thread