BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 05:55 AM   #101
bbdivo

Model: 8700
Carrier: Vodafone

Please Login to Remove!

Vodafone have updated their storm ordering page, it's not showing as a preorder anymore but as a normal order, looks like they have updated the look of their normal ordering pages as well.

There are also some accessories, the docking station is on there for £20, I'm guessing that means it isn't included in the box or maybe it is.

Edit:-
Just noticed a 'What's in the box' section! Definately no docking station.

Last edited by bbdivo; 11-13-2008 at 06:04 AM.. Reason: update
Old 11-13-2008, 06:12 AM   #102
keithmillar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A

Whats in the box with the Storm is - as from the Voda web site -
• Phone and battery
• Charger
• Handsfree Headset
• USB Cable
• PC Software CD
• User Guide

Looks like no sd card - can't see it as a freebie on the Voda web site.

Cheers

Keith
Old 11-13-2008, 06:20 AM   #103
celios
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithmillar View Post
Whats in the box with the Storm is - as from the Voda web site -
• Phone and battery
• Charger
• Handsfree Headset
• USB Cable
• PC Software CD
• User Guide

Looks like no sd card - can't see it as a freebie on the Voda web site.

Cheers

Keith
Occasionally, Vodafone pop in something extra for pre-orders and early adopters. With my N95 I got a car charger and with my E70 they chucked in a bigger memory card.

Although maybe they will be in such a rush to get these shipping they won't include anything extra.

I have a shiny new 8Gb microSD waiting for the Storm anyway, and will be ordering a cradle and spare battery once it arrives and I'm sure I'll be keeping it.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:29 AM   #104
keithmillar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hi Celios
Like you i've already bought a new 8Gb microSD and i'm looking at the cradle, £20 direct from Voda (looks like there's no p&p) or £19.99 from fleabay plus p&p.
Wonder if you can buy these cradles in the local Voda shops?

Cheers

Keith
Old 11-13-2008, 07:06 AM   #105
machiavell1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: O2-UK

Still nothing here....*snif* Despite my canceling my online order and being told my instore order has been dispatched (by telephone) yesterday.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:08 AM   #106
celios

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavell1 View Post
Still nothing here....*snif* Despite my canceling my online order and being told my instore order has been dispatched (by telephone) yesterday.
You mean you're expecting it to arrive today?

Last edited by celios; 11-13-2008 at 07:13 AM.. Reason: Bad spellang
Old 11-13-2008, 07:16 AM   #107
machiavell1

Quote:
Originally Posted by celios View Post
You mean you're expecting it to arrive today?
No - I mean that I haven't had a text or email saying mine has been dispatched, despite what I was told yesterday on the phone by the VF store. Also, I canceled my online order due to the massive problems I was experiencing (and that wouldn't have been useful anyway as it was going to my home rather than office).
Old 11-13-2008, 07:20 AM   #108
celios

Quote:
No - I mean that I haven't had a text or email saying mine has been dispatched, despite what I was told yesterday on the phone by the VF store. Also, I canceled my online order due to the massive problems I was experiencing (and that wouldn't have been useful anyway as it was going to my home rather than office).
Ok, well I guess that puts you in the same boat as me - no email here yet and I preordered over the phone during the first couple of hours the preorder was announced.

I was speaking to Vodafone customer services earlier today and they said it was difficult to check the status of individual orders as were now depatching them from the warehouse, so just to wait for the email and it will arrive Friday or Saturday. Looks like they have advised the courier to deliver on Sat anyway.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:24 AM   #109
machiavell1

Quote:
Ok, well I guess that puts you in the same boat as me - no email here yet and I preordered over the phone during the first couple of hours the preorder was announced.

I was speaking to Vodafone customer services earlier today and they said it was difficult to check the status of individual orders as were now depatching them from the warehouse, so just to wait for the email and it will arrive Friday or Saturday. Looks like they have advised the courier to deliver on Sat anyway.

Argh - hope not Saturday. I was told tomorrow and mine is going to work, so if it's Saturday it won't be delivered.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:27 AM   #110
celios

Quote:
Argh - hope not Saturday. I was told tomorrow and mine is going to work, so if it's Saturday it won't be delivered.
I feel your pain - I asked for mine to be sent to my home address but I couldn't get a confirmation this was set up and my company office is currently 150 miles from my home!

One small consolation is that the CS operator said the parcel company (DPD) will redeliver to a different address if they attempt to deliver and cannot. Will still take a few days for it to go back to the depot though.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:34 AM   #111
celios

Got my email confirming dispatch!!
Old 11-13-2008, 11:45 AM   #112
Hazcaljor

Model: Storm
Carrier: O2 > Vodafone

Quote:
Got my email confirming dispatch!!
Just received a call from the Manager of local VF store where I placed order (paid £20 to secure)

She confirmed my handset has arrived, can't be collected until tomorrow tho, and wanted to know a rough time suitable to me to avoid everyone rushing at opening time.

Roll on tomorrow at 4pm
Old 11-13-2008, 01:37 PM   #113
wgimenes

Model: Storm

Received an email this morning and Vodafone UK are sending me two Storms tomorrow for Saturday delivery.

Excellent Customer Service. Well done Vodafone.

My son already queueing for my Bold

W
Old 11-14-2008, 01:58 PM   #114
bbdivo

Model: 8700

Just noticed that the Storm is available Vodafone's upgrade site. It's available under special offers as free but not available at all on the lowest tarriffs. I can upgrade my current phone to a Storm for free keeping my current contract but thats no good cause theres no data plan on my contract!

What I can't do for some reason is setup a phone and plan upgrade from scratch.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:08 PM   #115
keithmillar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well i've got my Storm today, but from what i've been reading on the Vodafone forums it would appear that as a major release day its been a real c**k up.
I was in my local Vodafone at 11.30am and they'd not taken delivery of their stock of the Storms, and from what i'm reading they were not the only store.

Cheers

Keith
Old 11-14-2008, 02:10 PM   #116
celios

Well, no Storm for me. Despite pre-ordering within the first hour of the first day they were available I have nothing to show for my efforts. No tracking number and no idea (from Vodafone CS) if it will arrive on Sat, Mon or whenever.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:13 PM   #117
celios

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithmillar View Post
Well i've got my Storm today, but from what i've been reading on the Vodafone forums it would appear that as a major release day its been a real c**k up.
Yes, it's a big fat FAIL for Vodafone's Storm release I'm afraid. I thought they would have go some to outdo the O2 iPhone 3G launch, but they may have just clinched the 'worst product launch' of the year award by a whisker.

What's almost funny is that most of the people who DID manage to get a Storm are not set up properly so they can't use 3G, etc.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:21 PM   #118
machiavell1

My delivery was a complete disaster. After all their apologies and hand-wringing, VF tried to deliver it to my home rather than my work as they had promised to do so, unsurprisingly no-one was there to pick it up. So it went back to the depot.

After a day of trying to establish where it was and finally getting through to someone who could actually find me on the system, they then apologised and said they couldn't send it to me before Monday. So, I canceled my order on the basis that they were going to try (highly unlikely) to secure me one in-store as a "top priority" tomorrow (fat chance of me getting that phone call).

I get home and discover that the couriers have left me a card and the very very first thing it says on the card is that for £11 they will deliver it on Saturday to my home address!!! So the f**king cheapskates at VF not only didn't want to pay £11 to make up for the error that they were "so so sorry" about, they have now deprived me of the opportunity to do it myself!!!!

This company is a complete total and utter joke and without a doubt the most inefficient, careless and shambolic network I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

If I can ever get my hands on a Storm and if I like it (which I am beginning to suspect from the reviews around the net I may not), I just hope I can get it unlocked as I think I would sooner drink molten lead than trust this company with my personal details and future business, given the utter contempt they have for their customers.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:13 PM   #119
psi2244

Model: 9500

Well i'm a double virgin tbh. I've never been on Vodafone and I've never had a Blackberry until today. I went to my local store at 11am and they didnt have any and when I asked if they were getting any today they said the best they could do was take my order and I would get it Monday. So I went home and phoned Vodafone and got a Saturday delivery for £6.00 and a free 8Gb sd card. At 3pm my local store rang and said they just got the stock in and I should get down there asap to guarantee getting one "Too late" I told them.

Anyway here's hoping I've made the right choice with this purchase.

Cheerz
steve
Old 11-14-2008, 05:14 PM   #120
celios

Quote:
Originally Posted by psi2244 View Post
Well i'm a double virgin tbh. I've never been on Vodafone and I've never had a Blackberry until today. I went to my local store at 11am and they didnt have any and when I asked if they were getting any today they said the best they could do was take my order and I would get it Monday. So I went home and phoned Vodafone and got a Saturday delivery for £6.00 and a free 8Gb sd card. At 3pm my local store rang and said they just got the stock in and I should get down there asap to guarantee getting one "Too late" I told them.

Anyway here's hoping I've made the right choice with this purchase.

Cheerz
steve
I read this, and just feel anger. The fact you were able to arrange next day delivery for a phone by calling today, and I have been on a 'preorder' list for 3 weeks and still have no idea of when it will arrive (or if it has even been sent) just f*cks me right off!! Vodafone are very likely to lose me as a business customer in the next 24 hours.
Closed Thread