BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 01:44 AM   #1
tlhead
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint
Exclamation can BB calendar be sync'd to google calendar?

Please Login to Remove!

i sync my google calendar with my BB calendar. I put all my appointments in my BB and i want them to go to my google calendar when i sync them. The thing is they never go! only one appointment out of 86 entries has showed up on the google calendar. I'v made my gmail calendar the default calendar when i try to set wireless sync automatic to "yes" it wont let me. It always says no and thats for my yahoo, BB and the google calendar. Im assuming if i could wireless sync these the problem would be fixed but i dont know why it wont let me.

i tried to download a patch for google calendars on BB but when i went to the site it said that a patch hasnt been made for my phone.

any ideas?!
Old 11-21-2008, 02:23 AM   #2
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

Do you have Outlook, you can sync the Outlook to Google. I think the first time you sync with Google and the BB the appointments need to be on the Google Calendar, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:48 PM   #3
tlhead
Thumbs Must Hurt

I dont have outlook. How sure are you about having to have the appointments on google first? and if thats the case then theres no reason for me to sync my calendars then since i only use the BB one right?
Old 11-21-2008, 03:52 PM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Are you using the latest version of Google Calendar Sync for the BB? Mine works perfectly. My laptop and the BB is set for 2-way sync with Google Calendar. Office, home and wife's PCs are all set for one way - Google to the PC.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 11-21-2008, 03:58 PM   #5
tlhead
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted

I'm using the 0.5.9 version. I have it set to sync automatically(both calendar and contacts) the contact one works great.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:01 PM   #6
dstaff
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
PIN: G
Carrier: Bell

Well not sure if this will help, but I wrote a how-to on sync'g Google Calendar with BB AND outlook.. You can find it here:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ml#post1132051

I hope it helps.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:19 PM   #7
monkeypaw
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: None
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlhead View Post
Wirelessly posted

I'm using the 0.5.9 version. I have it set to sync automatically(both calendar and contacts) the contact one works great.
This may or may not be related to your current problem, but when sync first came out many users had problems with existing appointments not syncing. Newer ones seemed to be ok so after a while of usage it ended up having the new appointments. Some old or recurring appointments had to be entered again.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:35 PM   #8
tlhead
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks everyone for your help! im going to keep fiddlng with it and if i cant get them to eventually sync i think ill just remove the calendar sync option under google sync>options.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:56 PM   #9
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

deleted

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Closed Thread