BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 09:57 PM   #21
jrsmooth
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Just ordered 4 Storm units from my rep., she will hand deliver them to me on Monday. $199 each for a govt account (11K lines). So you guys may be able to get a better deal after NE2.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:27 PM   #22
DawnGP143
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by correia View Post
where did you play with the simulator?
I downloaded it onto my laptop weeks ago.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God" Matt.: 5:9

Old 11-20-2008, 11:38 PM   #23
user242
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550

Earlier in the evening I stopped by a Verizon store. The manager there seemed like a total goof ball that didn't know his head from his a$$! Anyway, he said that they should have a bunch in tomorrow morning. He didn't specify how many, but of course that could also mean that they only have 10 just to get people to show up at their store. This other regular salesman, a young guy was pretty cool and showed me the demo model of the Storm it looked pretty bad a$$! It seemed to function good for the most part. I asked the guy if he found any flaws or difficulty accessing the keys etc. he said "it's perfect and this thing's great!" but maybe they are told to say that, I don't know. He showed me a movie trailer on it and it had almost perfect resolution and image quality. One thing I did notice is that the built in speaker can get pretty loud! So we had to turn the volume down so everyone in the store wouldn't hear it..lol

I'm hoping to get there around 8am for the opening at 9 and if I don't get one it shouldn't be too difficult to order one on Verizon with free overnight shipping according to a C.R. I spoke to earlier in the day.

Good luck people!
Old 11-21-2008, 12:04 AM   #24
Demon
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: 304fcd63

You aren't kidding about the speaker. When I got mine a couple days ago I was amazed at it. It is louder than any other phone speaker I have used, even the dual speaker setup on a Voyager isn't nearly as loud and clear.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:33 AM   #25
user242
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon View Post
You aren't kidding about the speaker. When I got mine a couple days ago I was amazed at it. It is louder than any other phone speaker I have used, even the dual speaker setup on a Voyager isn't nearly as loud and clear.
I'm hoping this means unlike the barely noticeable low ringer that the 8830 had the Storm's ringer will truley sound like THUNDER!
Old 11-21-2008, 08:07 AM   #26
webmstrk9
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: VZW

There was not enough storms at the store i was at, 2 were on display, 2 were on hold, whilst being told, it's on a first come first serve basis from the manager and sales rep. go figure, fuzzy logic.....
Old 11-21-2008, 09:17 AM   #27
ronx
Thumbs Must Hurt

My local Verizon Wireless store only had 21 this morning. I got there an hour before they usually open, but they apparently opened very early this morning because the store was already packed. They were on #31 and the next available number was 60, so I figured my chances of getting one were slim to none. I'll probably just order mine and have something to look forward to on Monday ;)

-Rob
Old 11-21-2008, 10:17 AM   #28
jwt0001
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: 3193046c

As ronx indicated, the stores opened early without any real notice. I got to the local store at 8:55 a.m., to find it open and with a 2 hour wait already! They had run out of phones, but were telling people that more phones might show up during the wait. They stated that they would order one for you if they didn't have any after your wait. I decided to just order it over the phone. I couldn't even play with one because they only had two demo units out and people were hovering around them.

Unfortunately, the tech media will compare this to the iPhone rollout and Verizon will not come out looking good.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:18 PM   #29
Demon

I have two Storms left in stock to ship out for new lines. PM me if anyone needs them.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:27 PM   #30
user242
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon View Post
I have two Storms left in stock to ship out for new lines. PM me if anyone needs them.
(Off topic) but...Would you happen to know if RIM is coming out with any updates/fixes etc. to help with the bug issues and numerous complaints that many people are writing about on the Storm?

thanks...
Old 11-21-2008, 05:07 PM   #31
Demon

I have had extremely limited time away from customers today, but I will look into it asap.
Closed Thread