dylanleonard1122
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLP141 View Post
FWIW, I ordered my unit last Sunday (11/23) in store and just received my shipping information at 7:30 Sunday (11/30) morning.

Shipment is coming out of West Chester, PA. So, that made me wonder if everyone's Storms are being shipped out of PA or if the answer to the strange order in which things are being filled has to do with where you live. I live in NJ.
Just tracked my phone and fedex is showing it at the sorting and processing center in Philly, P.A., it says estimated delivery is 7pm on tuesday dec 2., I live in the very southern tip of nj so, you could be right about locations being close to where they are being shipped from.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:58 PM   #82
Backnblack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Curve
PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLP141 View Post
FWIW, I ordered my unit last Sunday (11/23) in store and just received my shipping information at 7:30 Sunday (11/30) morning.

Shipment is coming out of West Chester, PA. So, that made me wonder if everyone's Storms are being shipped out of PA or if the answer to the strange order in which things are being filled has to do with where you live. I live in NJ.
I was told mine is coming from Texas, I live in Maryland
Old 11-30-2008, 02:44 PM   #83
derekisdman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100t

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanleonard1122 View Post
Haaha! then u deffinetly know where im coming from when i say, after a year using that phone, i doubt the storm will have worse problems then that thing.
I can definitely confirm this. After TWO years of using this thing, I think I might even be impressed with 2 cups attached by a string. On a full charge, I can't talk for more than 4 minutes without it dying on me...and that's after I got a new battery 5 months ago.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:55 PM   #84
dylanleonard1122
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekisdman View Post
I can definitely confirm this. After TWO years of using this thing, I think I might even be impressed with 2 cups attached by a string. On a full charge, I can't talk for more than 4 minutes without it dying on me...and that's after I got a new battery 5 months ago.
mine was the exact same way until about aweek ago when it just stopped taking a charge at all, i need the storm, i've been "phoneless" for about a week now due to a dead battery so im going through withdrawl
Old 11-30-2008, 03:37 PM   #85
bucketmouth
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: verizon 5.0.0.xxx

finally!!!!! ordered on sat nov 22.. 2pm got email today with tracking...tommorow my storm arrives!!!! woo hoo
Old 11-30-2008, 06:53 PM   #86
misterbulldog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630

Quote:
Just got off the phone with my vzw rep, got my tracking number through the phone, so i would suggest anyone that hasnt recieved a tracking # to just call because it seems like verizon's emails are hit or miss with whether you get one of not. He told me that it was shipped today and that it is expected dec. 2, so ill be waiting patiently. I ordered mine 11/22 at around 9pm
Good point "D...1122". After reading the forums this evening (your post in partiular) I called VWZ and received my tracking number. It was shipped on the 11/29 and is due to be delivered on 12/1. I ordered mine late afternoon on 11/22. Never received an email from VWZ. Mine shipped from West Chester PA.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:57 PM   #87
mg6035

Just some info for those out there still waiting and wondering. I ordered mine online on 11/24. Today I got my shipping notice and it is scheduled for delivery on 12/2 before 3 o'clock. So hopefully they are getting them out faster than at first thought. Mine is coming from Memphis.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:31 PM   #88
jdmevo8
Thumbs Must Hurt

I hope you all know that if your package has arrived locally, you can call the store to pick it up. I picked mine up this previous friday and it was scheduled for delivery this Monday. Just a heads up
Old 11-30-2008, 09:45 PM   #89
mikebeau

Model: Storm
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Haaha! then u deffinetly know where im coming from when i say, after a year using that phone, i doubt the storm will have worse problems then that thing.
got tracking # today. due here on Dec 2. shipped from memphis TN

funny, after reading this, i was trying to think of the phones ive had.

currently razr
before motorola i560 and BB just for email(work issued)
before that is a complete blank, all i remember is i had alltel
Old 11-30-2008, 10:26 PM   #90
dylanleonard1122
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmevo8 View Post
I hope you all know that if your package has arrived locally, you can call the store to pick it up. I picked mine up this previous friday and it was scheduled for delivery this Monday. Just a heads up
ahah really? honestly, i didnt know you could do that. It could save me a day on the delivery time since, im assuming it wont take 2 full days to drive 2 hours from where its at now.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:21 AM   #91
misterbulldog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekisdman View Post
I have never been one to change phones frequently. Back in the day, I would always get the free phone with the plan. Then my wife and daughter wanted a "flip" phone when they were first introduced. After that I got a Razr and had that for a couple of years. I got an 8703e off Ebay about a year ago because I needed a Blackberry to respond to personal emails. I've been waiting for my upgrade and the Storm was released at the same time. I would have taken a Bold first if VZW had it. Don't want to switch carriers so I will give the Storm a try. It's scheduled for delivery before 3pm today. I don't get off work until 4:30 so I might have to pick it up after work.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:56 AM   #92
jskolm85
Thumbs Must Hurt

I got mine this morning @ 8:30. I ordered it in store, Friday the 21 @ 6pm CST.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #93
Blackberry Guru
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ordered mine on the Mon the 24th around 9am over the phone, just called it has been processed and sent to the warehouse but a tracking number has been populated yet.

They told me to call back this afternoon.

I'm a patient man so all is well, my 8830 has treated me well and spending a few more days with her will be a pleasure while RIM works out the kinks in the storm.

*****Update - shipped today Dec 02 for Thursday Dec 04 delivery!

Last edited by Blackberry Guru; 12-02-2008 at 10:49 AM..
Old 12-01-2008, 02:52 PM   #94
therobbstory

I ordered mine on the morning on 11/27. A few hours later, the online order status read as follows:

Quote:
Here is the status of your order.
Order Date: 11/27/2008
Order Number: 51376****
Order Status: Your order has been processed. You should receive your order within 2 - 3 business days.
The Verizon rep I spoke with just now said the order status was 'pending shipment'

I asked if I could pick it up in-store since there won't be anyone present to sign for it during any weekday. She put me on hold for five minutes, came back and told me it will not ship until the 12th, and that if I can find one in store I can pay full price and refuse the one I ordered online. I purchased this with my 'new every two' discount, so I guess I'm just going to have to wait and see what happens. Sigh.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #95
bbaddikt

Model: 8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by therobbstory View Post
I ordered mine on the morning on 11/27. A few hours later, the online order status read as follows:

The Verizon rep I spoke with just now said the order status was 'pending shipment'

I asked if I could pick it up in-store since there won't be anyone present to sign for it during any weekday. She put me on hold for five minutes, came back and told me it will not ship until the 12th, and that if I can find one in store I can pay full price and refuse the one I ordered online. I purchased this with my 'new every two' discount, so I guess I'm just going to have to wait and see what happens. Sigh.
I got an email today saying "We are Processing your Order"..."Thank you for your recent purchase of the BlackBerry® Stormxxx8482; smartphone. Your device will ship as soon as possible."
What the heck does that mean? There is no date, no web site link to track. Nothing.
Any clues?
Old 12-01-2008, 10:15 PM   #96
therobbstory

I received the same email this evening. No idea what it actually means.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:04 PM   #97
albertwesker

Model: BOLD
Carrier: AT& T

Quote:
Originally Posted by therobbstory View Post
I received the same email this evening. No idea what it actually means.
I am going to offer my two cents here because I know how it feels to be in the dark.

As vague as that email is, it means that your order is going to be shipping soon. It is possible that your order may have already shipped. Not everyone is getting a final shipment confirmation email with tracking number.

You can call telesales, and deal with the hassle of moronic reps who, 90 % of the time, will read you the typical script of the established ship dates and not provide any real answers. You may get lucky and find a rep who will search your order a bit and provide you your tracking number.

My Storm is set to arrive tomorrow. In my case, my order was two days in shipment before I ever got a shipment confirmation email. My rep actually emailed me the tracking number also.

I hope that answer helps. All I ask from everyone here is to post your impressions, gripes, etc. Even the gripes make this forum a better place, and they really zero in on the identified problems.

Regards,
Old 12-02-2008, 12:38 AM   #98
bbaddikt

Model: 8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertwesker View Post
I am going to offer my two cents here because I know how it feels to be in the dark.

As vague as that email is, it means that your order is going to be shipping soon. It is possible that your order may have already shipped. Not everyone is getting a final shipment confirmation email with tracking number.

You can call telesales, and deal with the hassle of moronic reps who, 90 % of the time, will read you the typical script of the established ship dates and not provide any real answers. You may get lucky and find a rep who will search your order a bit and provide you your tracking number.

My Storm is set to arrive tomorrow. In my case, my order was two days in shipment before I ever got a shipment confirmation email. My rep actually emailed me the tracking number also.

I hope that answer helps. All I ask from everyone here is to post your impressions, gripes, etc. Even the gripes make this forum a better place, and they really zero in on the identified problems.

Regards,
So they have shipped the order, without giving me a tracking # or when it will arrive? Boy I love VZW ) They really take care of their loyal customers like me who has been with them for 9 years and is now ordering his 7th blackberry. Ah well, I guess I will just have to play the waiting and guessing game.
Thanks for your insight though. Much appreciated.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:39 AM   #99
vermifax

I ordered on the 21st at 10am. I called today and got the bogus 'shipping on 12/5' generic spiel.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:49 AM   #100
sheba619

I ordered Storm online on 11/21. I received an email on 11/30 with the Fedex tracking # and scheduled delivery date of 12/2 by 4:30pm (PST).
Closed Thread