Old 12-04-2008, 11:30 PM   #1
lovesthebb3
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: 30F4B6DF
Carrier: Sprint
Default Applications on media Card

Please Login to Remove!

Is there any news on an application or any other way to store other applications on the Blackberry Curve media card?

I read a forum that teaches you to put JAD files on your phone. Once you do so, you can go to "Media", hit the blackberry button and then choose "explore" and navigate to the folder you put the JAD file in. I click on the JAD file I want to download and the download screen appears just like it does when I do an OTA download but this time when I run the download it gives me a "Download Failed" error and when I choose the details of this error it says "907 Invalid COD file not found".

also, what is a COD?

Last edited by lovesthebb3; 12-04-2008 at 11:35 PM.. Reason: details
Old 12-04-2008, 11:42 PM   #2
widorrah
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Digicel

Hi

I use this method too

the .cod filen is actually your appliaction installation
so in order to install apps using this method, you need all the .cod files and the .jad file.

how did you get the .jad file in the first place?
Old 12-04-2008, 11:45 PM   #3
widorrah
Thumbs Must Hurt

oh and by the way, even though you're loading the app installation files to the media card, it will still install on the device memory
Old 12-05-2008, 12:42 AM   #4
lovesthebb3

I am not accomplishing what I want if the application is not going to store on my media card. I guess there is no other way that I can get it to store on my media card. Thanks for your help anyway.

I just downloaded the JAD files from the websites that I wanted like the berry411.jad and the vlingoForBlackberry_en.jad and I used my media card by putting my blackberry in Mass Storage Mode and just drag/dropped them to my media card from the download on my computer.

Last edited by lovesthebb3; 12-05-2008 at 01:04 AM.. Reason: rephrasing my statement for clarification
Old 12-05-2008, 12:51 AM   #5
raja_3012
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iPhn4
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesthebb3 View Post
Well there is no use downloading it this way if it is just going to go on my device memory, is there any other way that I can get it to store on my media card?

I just downloaded the JAD files from the websites that I wanted like the berry411.jad and the vlingoForBlackberry_en.jad and I used my media card by putting my blackberry in Mass Storage Mode and just drag/dropped them to my media card from the download on my computer.
well i do not understand what you exactly mean by "there is no use downloading it this way if it is just going to go on my device memory". For 3rd party apps it needs to loaded onto the device memory for making it work. Media card can just contain the installable file but the end installation needs to happen in the device memory itself.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:06 AM   #6
lovesthebb3

I figured out my problem with loading those JAD files, I guess I have to transfer the COD files with them for it to download properly. I got it now. I've always just done OTA DL's before.

I hope someone comes out with an application that allows us to store more apps on our media card some day
Old 12-05-2008, 04:28 AM   #7
moorken
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9790
Carrier: ?

Quote:
I am not accomplishing what I want if the application is not going to store on my media card. I guess there is no other way that I can get it to store on my media card. Thanks for your help anyway.

Yups, its like downloading an installer file and putting this file on an external disk, when you install it it will still install it in the device memory....
most common way to install files is through an OTA link or through the DM, the way you install them is more some kind of workaround. The
Blackberry OTA downloader can help you, and gives a bether explication on how to install Blackberry OTA apps through the memorystick
Old 12-05-2008, 09:52 AM   #8
widorrah
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
I figured out my problem with loading those JAD files, I guess I have to transfer the COD files with them for it to download properly. I got it now. I've always just done OTA DL's before.
Great, glad you figured it out!
If you're still interedted in installing to apps, even though they go to device memory, try the 'OTA Loader' that moorken suggested. It works for me most of the time.

Quote:
I hope someone comes out with an application that allows us to store more apps on our media card some day
Now this would be an accomplishment. Imagine how many apps we'd be able to have on the BB!
Closed Thread