BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 05:11 PM   #1
M.J.H.
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Question Cases for Storm: Verizon Leather Sleeve vs. Typical Snap-On Case vs. Others

Please Login to Remove!

I'm wondering how most of you guys feel about which case to go with to protect the Storm. I've had the same dilemma both with my Pearl and with my Curve and I've typically gone with the snap-on Seido style case. The hard case that protects the entire phone except for the screen. I have the clear screen cover that came with the Storm on now and I haven't messed with it so I'm going to leave that.

But anyway the pros and cons of each are the following-

OEM Leather "Sleeper" Case
Pros: puts the phone to sleep in standby mode so helps with battery life, full protection of the click screen because the entire phone is covered except for the top of the phone
Cons: case is SEPARATE, this is the biggest downside for this case, having a separate case so when using the phone am forced to keep case in pocket, or just hold separately, etc. also top of phone is exposed so if phone drops only 2/3 of the phone are protected, however the click screen is completely protected

Blackberry Source.com - BlackBerry Storm Koskin Pocket Case (Black)

Snap-On Hard Case
Pros: full protection of the body of the phone, and even if it drops no part of the phone really can be damaged
Cons: bigger, bulkier, makes the phone appear larger, leaves the click screen exposed to flint, dust, dirt, etc. does not put the phone in standby mode so if the screen is pressed in pocket phone still lights up (wastes battery)

Seidioonline - Your Leading Manufacturer of Smartphone Accessories

The biggest challenge for me is that with my previous Curve phones (owned about 4 of them) with the snap-on case for whatever reason I would get the little imperfections in the screen. The little horizontal lines that are BARELY noticeable but us phone fanatics can see. Not really obviously but with the phone screen exposed this was what I always hated. :mad:

And 2 other cases that I've just noticed here are the leather case with the flip up top premium leather case:

Enter your location

And the swivel holster to wear on your belt, now I've never used a belt clip with any phone ever but with the Storm it's thin enough to not be bulky:

Enter your location

Last edited by M.J.H.; 12-16-2008 at 05:30 PM..
Old 12-16-2008, 06:42 PM   #2
ronx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted

I currently use the OEM sleeve and the InvisibleShield full skin. It's the same setup I used with my Pearl.

The Storm doesn't fit in my back pocket as well as the Pearl did but I'll try anything to avoid wearing a holster or case on my belt

Rob
Old 12-16-2008, 07:31 PM   #3
Thom
Thumbs Must Hurt

Here is another manufacturer of cases. From what I gather the cases are handmade and can be customized to some degree to what you want. They are pricey but look worth every penny.

Nutshell BlackBerry Storm Belt Case - 235Mag_BB-STORM
Old 12-16-2008, 07:47 PM   #4
Egan

I use a silicone sleeve for my phone along with a generic "large PDA" pouch from Verizon. It fits the Storm w/ the silicone sleeve perfectly, but of course lacks the sleep mode magnet. However, I have the free app "Auto Lock" which locks the phone when the screen dims out and I have my dim time set to the minimum.

This combo works well, protecting my phone both in and out of the pouch.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:58 PM   #5
crossfadex
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: verizon

i shall use the invisible shield
Closed Thread